Pundits! But Scottish

Genuine Hibs Fan

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

Please tell me more about Robert Sommyne’s take on Haggerty. I missed that.

He has deleted his Twitter now so the evidence is gone but went on a massive Subtweet about workplace bullying, being thick as mince, completely out of her depth and all round horrible piece of work.

I was moved to go and look up what became of commonspace, it seems even their hilarious offshoot finally died this year with this typically overlong, no self awareness word salad.

https://sourcenews.scot/sean-bell-the-long-goodbye/ 

Edited by invergowrie arab

6 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

What's he done? 

Without wanting to say directly as I guess it could get me/the forum in trouble, there was an incident with a very good friend of mine which ended with her in tears and traumatized, my mates and I having to shoulder her door because he'd locked himself in, and him jumping out a first floor window to avoid getting his c**t kicked in. 

6 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

He has deleted his Twitter now so the evidence is gone but went on a massive Subtweet about workplace bullying, being thick as mince, completely out of her depth and all round horrible piece of work.

I was moved to go and look up what became of commonspace, it seems even their hilarious offshoot finally died this year with this typically overlong, no self awareness word salad.

https://sourcenews.scot/sean-bell-the-long-goodbye/ 

That was a truly irritating an amusing read. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Kima Greggs said:

Some Macwhirter brain worms here.

'Is Nicola Sturgeon the Margaret Thatcher of oil ?'

It’s a jarring thought but when you read it, it makes you think. Maybe she is. Or would like to be.

Edited by Thorongil

25 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

It’s a jarring thought but when you read it, it makes you think. Maybe she is. Or would like to be.

danny-de-vito-no.gif.ef622c7e53e9b4fd76f0bba315699442.gif

Thatcher's attacks on the coal industry were very much an ideological attack on organised labour.

So not really comparable at all.

55 minutes ago, Kima Greggs said:

danny-de-vito-no.gif.ef622c7e53e9b4fd76f0bba315699442.gif

Thatcher's attacks on the coal industry were very much an ideological attack on organised labour.

So not really comparable at all.

And it was cheaper to get Colombian children to dig our coal than pay decent wages at home.

49 minutes ago, Kima Greggs said:

Not really tbh.

They are both women I suppose, so there's a similarity straight away.

Both political leaders. Both country heads. Both seeking an end to a particular industry. 
So there are some parallels that can be drawn, whether you believe one is right and one was wrong or not.

13 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Both political leaders. Both country heads. Both seeking an end to a particular industry. 
So there are some parallels that can be drawn, whether you believe one is right and one was wrong or not.

So, the only comparisons are trite and superficial ones then ?

Tremendous content from Macwhirter.

21 minutes ago, Kima Greggs said:

So, the only comparisons are trite and superficial ones then ?

Tremendous content from Macwhirter.

You made the superficial comparison about them both being women. Political leadership, heads of governments and policy around industry aren’t superficial.

Is McWhirter’s piece a Pulitzer contender? No. Is it entirely devoid of merit? No.

5 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Reductive. What about their policies with regard to energy industries?

Energy. Is. Reserved. 

It is utterly bizarre to accuse the FM of being like Thatcher over a policy decision she not only hasn't implemented but can't.

The only way to make that comparison would be if she said "f**k the North East and send in soldiers dressed as policeman on horseback if they give any lip."

Which she also couldn't do, even if she wanted to (but for clarity doesn't as she isn't a spiteful human hating monster) as defence is also reserved. 

4 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Energy. Is. Reserved. 

It is utterly bizarre to accuse the FM of being like Thatcher over a policy decision she not only hasn't implemented but can't.

The only way to make that comparison would be if she said "f**k the North East and send in soldiers dressed as policeman on horseback if they give any lip."

Which she also couldn't do, even if she wanted to (but for clarity doesn't as she isn't a spiteful human hating monster) as defence is also reserved. 

I’m well aware that energy is reserved, and so is McWhirter. I’m sure you are well aware though that ScotGov has a veto over new projects and developments and that the Scottish Government creates its own energy policy within the devolved framework.

McWhirter’s piece is entirely speculative that the oil sector would have something to fear from Sturgeon in the event of independence. He’s probably right about that.

1 minute ago, Thorongil said:

I’m well aware that energy is reserved, and so is McWhirter. I’m sure you are well aware though that ScotGov has a veto over new projects and developments and that the Scottish Government creates its own energy policy within the devolved framework.

McWhirter’s piece is entirely speculative that the oil sector would have something to fear from Sturgeon in the event of independence. He’s probably right about that.

MacWhirters piece is hysterical drivel. And that you have entertained it and me your responses to it, has done neither of us any favours. 

37 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

MacWhirters piece is hysterical drivel. And that you have entertained it and me your responses to it, has done neither of us any favours. 

It arguably is hysterical drivel. And the same can be said of the response to it.

McKenna makes a semblance of a good point here re the general small time authoritarianism of the current SNP but appears to have opened himself up to a hard drive check by going off an unhinged rant about offering children sex dolls and massage oil.

Interesting timing to go after the named person's scheme when the news has been full of a story which would have likely been far less tragic were such a scheme in place. Fortunately no one pays him any attention anyway.

20211206_162812.jpg