Pundits! But Scottish

Genuine Hibs Fan

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

Is thread only for real people or do columnists posing as dead dogs count?

As long as they aren't smelly avatarless weirdos who are into lotr and don't get upset when you give an answer to their questions or make fun of them I'll take it at this point 

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

As well as developing gender based brain worms McWhirter is very much in the Jim Spence school of yer boring auld da struggling badly with irrelevance.

The pair of them conservative to the core but think constantly harping on about Thatcher somehow hides this.

For a lot of pundits social media has been a disaster. Finding out that having an opinion and basic literacy isn't actually unique.

Articulate engaged young people replying in real time instead of retired army majors writing letters seems to have broken them.

Journalists don’t like having their pomposity p***ked. They told themselves for years that what they did was a “profession” and they luxuriated in the conceit that rather than just reporting on the body politic, they were an integral part thereof.

most of them have never gotten over the audience being able to answer them back.

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

As long as they aren't smelly avatarless weirdos who are into lotr and don't get upset when you give an answer to their questions or make fun of them I'll take it at this point 

What’s your fascination with avatars m8?

12 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

You have been angry and abusive from the first moment you had any view challenged. 

Sorry where's the anger here? And I'm very sorry you find people making fun of you abusive. I'll add it to my list of things like "don't answer his questions with more than yes/no responses" and "if you joke that someone has had a gasleak in their house over multiple years some boring Tolkein obsessed c**t will pretend he thinks you're serious to call your views extreme" in my suggestion box for wee smelly weirdo avatarless posters . 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

The traditional print media  tell us all how important and vital they are and that they are a key cornerstone of democracy and how its our civic duty to #buyapaper whilst allowing fucking Bill Leckie and Jenny Hjul to speak their brains.

Meanwhile actual journalists who are actual cornerstones of democracy like Peter Geoghan have recognised the model is fucked and are doing other things.

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Sorry where's the anger here? And I'm very sorry you find people making fun of you abusive. I'll add it to my list of things like "don't answer his questions with more than yes/no responses" and "if you joke that someone has had a gasleak in their house over multiple years some boring Tolkein obsessed c**t will pretend he thinks you're serious to call your views extreme" in my suggestion box for wee smelly weirdo avatarless posters . 

93444-ECF-8-C7-E-4-B79-ACC9-C13-FFDDE716

6 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Not being funny, but calling someone a 'boring, Tolkein obsessed c**t' and a 'smelly weirdo avatarless poster' suggests a tinge of anger.

Edited by Scott Steiner

Anyway, in the faint hope that the dullest man on the website (sorry to strichener) will let us proceed, I'd like to discuss someone I just remembered, Aiden Kerr. A young man with an incredibly bizarre career - taken on as a bizarrely keen student to be the Pieter de Vries to Daisley's Baron Harkonnen (if anyone's interested in a reference to a good sci-fi/fantasy book) he pretty much parroted his/STV's views. He also had a sideline on writing glowing commentary on the Reagan's, which makes his next move as a comms guy for Corbyn/Leonard's labour party extremely odd. I think he had another news/politics job afterwards and by all accounts now works for an energy company. Chewed up and soat out by about 28 by all accounts. 

As an aside some mates knew him when I was at uni (first class honours) and by all accounts he was a wee dick 

aidan-kerr.jpeg.256x256_q100_crop-smart.jpg

5 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Anyway, in the faint hope that the dullest man on the website (sorry to strichener) will let us proceed, I'd like to discuss someone I just remembered, Aiden Kerr. A young man with an incredibly bizarre career - taken on as a bizarrely keen student to be the Pieter de Vries to Daisley's Baron Harkonnen (if anyone's interested in a reference to a good sci-fi/fantasy book) he pretty much parroted his/STV's views. He also had a sideline on writing glowing commentary on the Reagan's, which makes his next move as a comms guy for Corbyn/Leonard's labour party extremely odd. I think he had another news/politics job afterwards and by all accounts now works for an energy company. Chewed up and soat out by about 28 by all accounts. 

As an aside some mates knew him when I was at uni (first class honours) and by all accounts he was a wee dick 

aidan-kerr.jpeg.256x256_q100_crop-smart.jpg

A very smug little guy who thought he had hitched his ride to a winner in Scottish Labour and was on a nice ticket for life. 

Similar to Daisley, he was Indy-friendly for a time when the thought THAT might be the path to the gravy train. 

Didn’t know he was now done.

Just now, Thorongil said:

A very smug little guy who thought he had hitched his ride to a winner in Scottish Labour and was on a nice ticket for life. 

Similar to Daisley, he was Indy-friendly for a time when the thought THAT might be the path to the gravy train. 

We are friends now 

7 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Jim Spence likes to drop the fact he was a law lecturer into just about every conversation but rarely mentions it was at Dundee College and therefore at a level lower than Higher Modern Studies and without a teaching qualification. 

I am also a law lecturer. I have regularly lectured random people on my poor understanding of the law.

I remember one night Douglas Fraser having an epic meltdown in the comments thread on one of his articles on the Herald. 
People were picking holes in his article and he was on calling them “internet vermin” and all sorts. It was quite the sight. 

He moved to the BBC soon after.

29 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

You know, with anyone other than Daisley, I would have assumed this was just a metaphor.

2 hours ago, Thorongil said:

I remember one night Douglas Fraser having an epic meltdown in the comments thread on one of his articles on the Herald. 
People were picking holes in his article and he was on calling them “internet vermin” and all sorts. It was quite the sight. 

He moved to the BBC soon after.

Sounds like my kind of guy. Take no prisoners