Pundits! But Scottish

Genuine Hibs Fan

33 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Gerald Warner, now there WAS a bampot.  Not only were his columns splenetically right-wing, they were often vehicles for his extremely authoritarian Roman Catholic morality, delivered in the haughtily archaic style of Jacob Rees Mogg and Charles Moore.

I used to see him at the Latin Mass in Bridgeton back when I used to go.

As well as developing gender based brain worms McWhirter is very much in the Jim Spence school of yer boring auld da struggling badly with irrelevance.

The pair of them conservative to the core but think constantly harping on about Thatcher somehow hides this.

For a lot of pundits social media has been a disaster. Finding out that having an opinion and basic literacy isn't actually unique.

Articulate engaged young people replying in real time instead of retired army majors writing letters seems to have broken them.

1 hour ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Scotland on Sunday into the ground on behalf of the weirdo Barclay brothers, he appointed Gerald Warner as a pundit. At first I thought the guy was a spoof but he's actually real- a frighteningly deranged right-wing frother 

33 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Gerald Warner, now there WAS a bampot.  Not only were his columns splenetically right-wing, they were often vehicles for his extremely authoritarian Roman Catholic morality, delivered in the haughtily archaic style of Jacob Rees Mogg and Charles Moore.

In the days when I took the SoS, or any paper, I enjoyed being enraged challenged by Warner and entertained by MacWhirter.

The latter, somewhere along the line, ceased to be compelling and it seemed to me that he tortured himself in the search of an angle. These days I'm aware that he has strong views on a particular subject and that is something that prompts me to look away.

7 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Ah, funny wee goalposts those. The last year only huh?

Yes exactly the last year only thank you. If he is as good as you claim and not just a guy whose culture war takes you like because your brain has been eaten by yes da worms that should be very easy given he writes what I believe to be a weekly column (52 weeks in a year). I do however understand you've a busy schedule of drawing pictures of balrogs to keep up with so maybe this isn't for you 

3 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Yes exactly the last year only thank you. If he is as good as you claim and not just a guy whose culture war takes you like because your brain has been eaten by yes da worms that should be very easy given he writes what I believe to be a weekly column (52 weeks in a year). I do however understand you've a busy schedule of drawing pictures of balrogs to keep up with so maybe this isn't for you 

Got any life experience, wee man? And have you ever been taught how to use commas?

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Sorry just as a reminder

PLEASE NOTE: Do NOT post in this thread if you do not have an avatar or are a smelly weirdo

So can @Bob Mahelp (smelly weirdo) and @Thorongil (no avatar, smelly weirdo) go away please and thanks xx

In a P&B world of many strange and bizarre posts, this one is right up there. 

13 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Got any life experience, wee man? And have you ever been taught how to use commas?

1. I am 6'1 (and handsome with it!)

2. How many times do you have to be told that wanking over blog posts about "hottest 10 elf maidens of the second age" is NOT life experience

3. I am in my 20s and have lived on 3 continents, worked all sorts of interesting jobs, taken all the fun drugs many times, have survived a life threatening long term illness and after a power of shagging am engaged to a wonderful young woman, the second with whom I've cohabited. So yes plenty of life experience thank you very much. 

4. I have a first class honours degree from one of the country's finest universities, and therefore my quality of written English is frankly superb. Funnily enough I give myself a pass to be a bit sloppy when I'm swording weirdos on the internet. But thank you I will take your comma comments into consideration in future. 

5. Still a no then is it? 

3 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

2. How many times do you have to be told that wanking over blog posts about "hottest 10 elf maidens of the second age" is NOT life experience

3. I am in my 20s and have lived on 3 continents, worked all sorts of interesting jobs, taken all the fun drugs many times, have survived a life threatening long term illness and after a power of shagging am engaged to a wonderful young woman, the second with whom I've cohabited. So yes plenty of life experience thank you very much. 

4. I have a first class honours degree from one of the country's finest universities, and therefore my quality of written English is frankly superb. Funnily enough I give myself a pass to be a bit sloppy when I'm swording weirdos on the internet. But thank you I will take your comma comments into consideration in future. 

Oh dear! 😮

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Bob we can all read your posts (I was being tongue in cheek about you (a bit))

No worries, I accept good humoured banter. I'm often a complete dick. Have a greeny... 

You seem very fragile. It’s always a total cringe when people list their credentials. Especially when they are doing so to seek to justify their extreme views. 

You might calm down as you approach your thirties and become capable of normal discourse, sans the shrieking. Or you might not. 

Edited by Thorongil

9 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Fun Drugs ?  i never ever got a shot of mescaline ''wee man'', its something i regret.

What happened to the original Pundit thread ? Had a quick look a while back but couldn't see it.

Anyway..

6730209.png.c3010b63f851172678d982379d79c635.png

Don't see or hear much of him anymore, think he works at Westminster now.

MjbONT_T_400x400.jpeg.46b48c0893f6b934cea9c6ae6e5c4bba.jpeg

This one is firmly in the absolute roaster category.

1 minute ago, Thorongil said:

You seem very fragile. It’s always a total cringe when people list their credentials. Especially when they are doing so to seek to justify their extreme views. 

You might calm down as you approach your thirties and become capable of normal discourse, sans the shrieking. Or you might not. 

1. You literally asked if I had any life experience and referred to me as "wee man" because your fragility would not allow you or your opinions to be lightly teased and you got yourself all worked up. If you do not want to know someone's credentials because you find it cringe I would avoid asking for them in future, and do not project your own insecurities onto others please. 

2. The extreme view you are suggesting I hold is that Iain MacWhirter is a shit pundit. 

3. Making fun of you is not shrieking. It is very easy however, given you are a grown man who is into both the Alba Party and Tolkein. 

Thanks again, as I said in response to your original post this thread is not a safe space for smelly avatarless weirdos so please do not reply further. 

4 minutes ago, Kima Greggs said:

What happened to the original Pundit thread ? Had a quick look a while back but couldn't see it.

Anyway..

6730209.png.c3010b63f851172678d982379d79c635.png

Don't see or hear much of him anymore, think he works at Westminster now.

MjbONT_T_400x400.jpeg.46b48c0893f6b934cea9c6ae6e5c4bba.jpeg

This one is firmly in the absolute roaster category.

Aye I think Torrance went to be a librarian at Westminster or something? 

Martin has transcended Scotland to become a 4-nations ghoul. Funny that actually, given he never had the same involvement with obvious grifts like These Islands that eg McColm or Deerin had (I don't think it was actually these islands tbf but there was some weird think tank they were involved with)

Eta: original got binned first half of the year, no idea why (happy to make this a broader punditry thread so we can dunk on Hodges etc) 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

7 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

1. You literally asked if I had any life experience and referred to me as "wee man" because your fragility would not allow you or your opinions to be lightly teased and you got yourself all worked up. If you do not want to know someone's credentials because you find it cringe I would avoid asking for them in future, and do not project your own insecurities onto others please. 

2. The extreme view you are suggesting I hold is that Iain MacWhirter is a shit pundit. 

3. Making fun of you is not shrieking. It is very easy however, given you are a grown man who is into both the Alba Party and Tolkein. 

Thanks again, as I said in response to your original post this thread is not a safe space for smelly avatarless weirdos so please do not reply further. 

You have been angry and abusive from the first moment you had any view challenged. 

You are going on about avatars and smelly weirdos repeatedly which domes across as a bit juvenile.

the degree of your criticism for McWhirter is extreme. There is no question about that. 

All you had to say about life experience was “yes”. Listing life achievements is pretty cringy.

in short, you seem to be fragile and immature. I wish you well with it.