Aberdeen Vs Livingston - 1/12

Guest Bob Mahelp

If there was such a thing as a straightforward win for this Aberdeen side, that was it. 

Utterly dominant in the first half, went off the boil a bit in the second, but that's the kind of win we were needing. 

Onwards to Saturday and a St Mirren side that won't play a hell of a lot differently from Livi. 

Good result - and, for the most part, a very decent performance. Didn't play like a team who had just lost three games in a row. I have been unkind about Bates, but he has had two good performances in a row now - if he keeps this up, he will be ramming it down my throat. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

If there was such a thing as a straightforward win for this Aberdeen side, that was it. 

Utterly dominant in the first half, went off the boil a bit in the second, but that's the kind of win we were needing. 

Onwards to Saturday and a St Mirren side that won't play a hell of a lot differently from Livi. 

But it will be different Bob,as we are goin doon,while St.Mirren are a decent outfit.

That was a woeful display by Livi from start to finish,championship material...........

1 minute ago, Menga Bus said:

Nothing short of disgraceful. Couple big games coming up for martindale 

I'd get him out now, he's had some runs of 'big games' for him and scraped a few results. Next thing we know we're on a shite run again

Controversial opinion but I thought Bates was MOTM. Looked like a centre half the past two games.

I thought we'd struggle to see a poorer away performance than United or Hibs this season. Livi were awful. 

Liked a lot of what we saw from JET considering his long absence. 

Not quite as down on the second half as others. Calmly saw it out when we realised they weren't up to much.

Good win. We've performed as well as that in many other matches this season and come away with nothing. Difference was we scored and they didn't.

I thought Bates was fantastic again and should have been awarded the MOTM. McCrorie also stood out. Ramirez also deserves praise.

Others will disagree but I thought JET made a difference. Aside from losing the ball a few times, his physicality made us more direct and there were times where he played a wonderful ball to create an opportunity. 

Thought we were robbed of a penalty. Irrespective of the sending off, we haven't really been getting the rub of green regarding decisions this season.

Looking forward to Ramsay's return. I'm also keen to see McKenzie back.

Glass needs to ensure we build on this and get us back up the table.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

5 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

I think we should punt all the loan players in January. We need our core squad to settle and would be better blooding our own prospects for the few opportunities outwith this. Their salaries can be used to plan contracts next summer.

Less said about Longstaff the better. Jenks hasn't done enough for me. Campbell, McGeouch, Brown and Ojo are all ahead of them IMO.

I'm excited to see the young lad Duncan featuring soon and Hancock. We seem to be finally getting a conveyor belt of talent coming through the youth ranks.

Regarding Samuels, we haven't really seen enough of him to make a proper judgement. I believe he was one of Mowbray's recommendations.

Devlin, Jenks, Longstaff and Kennedy need moved on in January. I'd rather we didn't sign anyone and promoted more youth players to the first team squad.

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:.

Devlin, Jenks, Longstaff and Kennedy need moved on in January. I'd rather we didn't sign anyone and promoted more youth players to the first team squad.

Easier said than done to get rid of players mid-season, especially contracted ones.

Ideally I’d like Devlin, Gurr, McGinn, Jenks, Longstaff, Kennedy, McLennan all gone.

Bring in 3 maybe? 

Trim the squad & strengthen the first X1.

That also depends on potential sales - Ferguson & Hedges namely. 

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Controversial opinion but I thought Bates was MOTM. Looked like a centre half the past two games.

I thought we'd struggle to see a poorer away performance than United or Hibs this season. Livi were awful. 

Liked a lot of what we saw from JET considering his long absence. 

Not quite as down on the second half as others. Calmly saw it out when we realised they weren't up to much.

Agree with you that Bates was MOTM and that Livingston were awful. They are easily the worst team I've seen this season.

Disagree with you about JET. I thought he was awful and painfully slow.

5 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Agree with you that Bates was MOTM and that Livingston were awful. They are easily the worst team I've seen this season.

Disagree with you about JET. I thought he was awful and painfully slow.

Watching Sportscene and a lot of the good things we did began with JET. He was definitely off the pace and a bit wasteful though.

Should have had two pens and Longridge should have been sent off long before the second yellow.