Aberdeen Vs Livingston - 1/12

9 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Curious to see what the overall impression of Bruce Anderson has been since his arrival at Livingston? He appears to be doing more than JET has done for us.

He fits our style better than Jet ever did. Had an issue with professionalism supposedly and found himself out of the team which appears to have given him a kick up the arse and he's got himself 4 goals and 3 assists in 13 appearances which is pretty decent going for a Livingston striker. His running and hold up play are integral to how we play and he's linking up really well with Forrest and Bailey. Certainly feels like we've got the better end of the stick in the deal, as good as Jet is with the ball at his feet his general lack of pace, athleticism and movement meant he was a passenger for a lot of our play. 

27 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Curious to see what the overall impression of Bruce Anderson has been since his arrival at Livingston? He appears to be doing more than JET has done for us.

12 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

He fits our style better than Jet ever did. Had an issue with professionalism supposedly and found himself out of the team which appears to have given him a kick up the arse and he's got himself 4 goals and 3 assists in 13 appearances which is pretty decent going for a Livingston striker. His running and hold up play are integral to how we play and he's linking up really well with Forrest and Bailey. Certainly feels like we've got the better end of the stick in the deal, as good as Jet is with the ball at his feet his general lack of pace, athleticism and movement meant he was a passenger for a lot of our play. 

Yeah not as physical a stature as Dykes, but the closest thing we've had to a number 9 since he left, JET was suited more playing out on the wing, but hadn't the pace and movement Anderson has to help out off the ball, pressing defenders, and running in behind them when we have possession. Anderson and Bailey have both hit some decent form at the same time, and Forrest starting alongside them gives us an even better attack.

Looking forward to when we get JET's pal, Nouble back from his loan to Arbroath in Jan too, he has the skill and build of JET, but also plenty pace, should link up well with Anderson.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Certainly feels like we've got the better end of the stick in the deal, as good as Jet is with the ball at his feet his general lack of pace, athleticism and movement meant he was a passenger for a lot of our play. 

It's almost like we signed him due to a couple of decent games against us, and did no due diligence on his other 20 odd games for Livingston or indeed the remainder of his journeyman career. 

3 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

It's almost like we signed him due to a couple of decent games against us, and did no due diligence on his other 20 odd games for Livingston or indeed the remainder of his journeyman career. 

Did seem to have his best games against Aberdeen, though tbf he looked a lot better for us in the final few games, but took him a long time to get fit and up to some decent form. Seems to have regressed at Aberdeen, not getting much game time.

Always feels good getting the first goal, but we did that in the last game against you and ended up losing 2-1, with Stryjek chucking an injury time shot into his own net.

Never feel comfortable with Livi only being a goal up, think we need a second goal, and then keep that 2 goal cushion well into the second half before i'd relax.

22 minutes ago, Jute said:

Think we need to get first goal as well as an early one. Go behind and suspect that will be another defeat. 

Aye.

7 minutes ago, meanmistermustard said:

Looking forward to tonight with the game played in the snow. Helps that I don’t get to Pittodrie to see Aberdeen much (last game was Motherwell away) as the team have been depressing for a while. No idea how Livingston are getting on but I feel the snow will be the only decent sight all night.

The sna is gone mate.

59 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I believe there could be a reason behind the scenes as to why he's not involved. Usual WhatsApp stuff.

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

He's the best striker we've got at the club by far. Looks like a proper number 9 and his hold up play is incredible, especially in a team that plays so many long balls. He's on course for 10+ goals this season, which is a rare feat for a Livi player. 

It seems like we won a watch with getting him in for zero compensation fee other than allowing an already out of contract JET go to Aberdeen. Even then it seems like we've got a younger/fitter/faster JET to come in, in the form of Nouble. Fans of teams in the Championship have been raving about him and it seems like he's the best striker in that league by far, funnily enough he was tipped off to us by JET as he knows Joel Nouble's brother Frank.

The big thing with JET was that we got him in when he hadn't played for 18 months and was unfit as f**k :D It took him 15 of those 20 games to even get anywhere near to being fit. When he was fit it was like a different player, and it'll have been the one Glass saw ripping it up against Aberdeen in the cup.  Makes sense that Glass may have thought he'd been performing like that all season but he's a player you probably need to put a lot of effort in to motivating and keeping fit.

Last I'd heard from him he was hawking NFTs on his Instagram :D 

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Before we started to show a serious interest in JET I read an interview with Martindale where he said he didn't realistically think they could hold on to the player but at the same time he didn't expect him to go to another SPL club because he was good enough to earn significantly more elsewhere.  So I was surprised (and quite pleased ) that we signed him.  He's obviously been a huge disappointment for us, but it wasn't just us who were fooled, the guy who'd been managing him at Livingstone obviously thought he had a player on his hands.

23 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

Before we started to show a serious interest in JET I read an interview with Martindale where he said he didn't realistically think they could hold on to the player but at the same time he didn't expect him to go to another SPL club because he was good enough to earn significantly more elsewhere.  So I was surprised (and quite pleased ) that we signed him.  He's obviously been a huge disappointment for us, but it wasn't just us who were fooled, the guy who'd been managing him at Livingstone obviously thought he had a player on his hands.

I think he had a ridiculous offer to go play in China, he had it all sorted before COVID and then when COVID hit it all fell through. It seemed like it was the same club coming back in for him, but the wages were something ridiculous like 20k-30k per week. No idea what he's on at Aberdeen but it won't be cheap, but I can see him taking a paycut to be staying back in the UK on a decent wage where he can see his family more regularly. He usually goes away down to London a fair bit during the season and spends time down there.

The other side of things was that we held a contract extension option for him that we missed out on by 2 games or something, but JET had arranged a gentleman's agreement with Martindale that he wouldn't sign for another Scottish side, and that if he did then he would make sure we get a fee. Aberdeen coming in was a really random out of the blue thing as the move to China was basically all but done. After a bit of negotiation we ended up taking Bruce Anderson for free rather than the 100k-300k Aberdeen would've been due for training compensation. 

JET is a great player if you can fit a system around him, we played him as a big target man striker who could bring the ball down, beat one or two and lay it off to someone. He's not fast, but he's strong enough to hold people off. I think Glass is just misusing him, probably out on the wing or something. He scored 9 in 31 and 75% of those games he was unfit. If we had managed to keep a hold of him I reckon he'd easily hit 15 goals in the league in a system tailored to fit him.

There's definitely a player in Jet. One of the most technically gifted players I've seen in a Livi shirt. As has been said, he needs to play in the right system to get the best out of him. I'd said to a few Aberdeen supporting friends of mine that he wouldn't suit the style of football they played