Aberdeen Vs Livingston - 1/12

No match thread for this. 

Heard rumours Ramsey was back in training, even if he's not fit, Gurr needs emptied, only saw bits and pieces of the game on Sunday but seemed to be woefully out of position just about all the time. Has McGeough done enough to keep Ojo out of the side? 

6 points in an absolute must this week if we have any designs on making Europe through our league position. I'd take a drab and dreary 1-0 right now. 

Although he's done well for us this season, perhaps Scott Brown missing will be one of those quirks where it actually benefits us.

I'm probably clutching at straws but I'm feeling in positive mood this morning; therefore, scrape a narrow one goal win which kick starts a very good December for us.

Aberdeen 2-1 Livingston

We're a far far better team than when we first met in the league.

Obileye will be back for this one too so will be interesting to see if DM drops Parkes for him. 

We'll go with Anderson up front he's doing well this season, 4 goals and 3 assists in 13 in the league is some going in a Livi team.  Bailey is showing why he's highly rated, it's just the LW side with Montano that's underwhelming.

We should be okay with Holt/Omeonga in the middle too.

A win here for us would be huge in keeping ourselves away from the bottom

Edited by ATLIS

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

We're a far far better team than when we first met in the league.

Obileye will be back for this one too so will be interesting to see if DM drops Parkes for him. 

We'll go with Anderson up front he's doing well this season, 4 goals and 3 assists in 13 in the league is some going in a Livi team.  Bailey is showing why he's highly rated, it's just the LW side with Montano that's underwhelming.

We should be okay with Holt/Omeonga in the middle too.

reckon it would be massively harsh on Parkes to be dropped as he's been pretty decent and I think he's bringing better performances out of Fitzwater too....perhaps the older head with some experience in the position alongside him is giving Fitz the confidence to play his own game. As good as Ayo has been he seems quieter than Parkes

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:

reckon it would be massively harsh on Parkes to be dropped as he's been pretty decent and I think he's bringing better performances out of Fitzwater too....perhaps the older head with some experience in the position alongside him is giving Fitz the confidence to play his own game. As good as Ayo has been he seems quieter than Parkes

Wonder if we might see Obileye moved into a DM position, push Omeonga/Holt up a bit, or if we go to 5 at the back to fit all 3 in :D.  Would give us the chance to play more offensive wing backs in Devlin and Penrice/Longridge

Guest Bob Mahelp

It's time to say enough is enough on this suicidal habit of conceding goals in every single game. 

I don't give a shit if it's the worst game in the history of forever, if we can scrape a 1-0 win. 

Copy and paste this into the match thread for the St Mirren game on Saturday, please. 

4 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Wonder if we might see Obileye moved into a DM position, push Omeonga/Holt up a bit, or if we go to 5 at the back to fit all 3 in :D.  Would give us the chance to play more offensive wing backs in Devlin and Penrice/Longridge

This please.

Ideal opportunity for Martindale to give Ayo a shot at his best position when at QoTS, but from what i've read, i doubt we'll see him playing there, he's been identified as a CB by DM, so he'll either be on the subs bench, or in as a back 3, Parkes hasn't deserved to be dropped for him.

Hoping we start Forrest again, Forrest, Bailey, and Anderson will score lots of goals for us playing together. Thought Montano looked decent 2nd half against Sevco, breaking up play and pushing forward, played a couple of great through balls too. 

Biggest problem we're going to have with this heavy fixture list in Dec, is bringing on a striker to replace Anderson, he'll need to be rested in spells, no danger he can go 90 mins every game twice a week. Shinnie isn't the answer, so would like to see Panayiotou getting his shot up front.

8 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Heard rumours Ramsey was back in training, even if he's not fit, Gurr needs emptied, only saw bits and pieces of the game on Sunday but seemed to be woefully out of position just about all the time. Has McGeough done enough to keep Ojo out of the side? 

6 points in an absolute must this week if we have any designs on making Europe through our league position. I'd take a drab and dreary 1-0 right now. 

Europe? 

I admire your optimism. 

The excitement is palpable for this one.

Nothing like horizontal sleet under the floodlights, watching the battle for 9th or whatever it is. There is the inevitability of a former underachiever like Bruce Anderson scoring the winner, then act like some kind of point has been proved as we digest our 64% possession, 9 corners to 2, and wonder how on earth this happened.

11 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Ramsay not fit.

McGeouch out for a week too. 

9 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Nothing like horizontal sleet under the floodlights, watching the battle for 9th or whatever it is. There is the inevitability of a former underachiever like Bruce Anderson scoring the winner, then act like some kind of point has been proved as we digest our 64% possession, 9 corners to 2, and wonder how on earth this happened.

He tried this when he got his fluke goal against us earlier this season!

Fact is and was he was crap for Aberdeen.. not up to it.  He may do ok in the lower end of premiership / top end of division below in his career but he rightfully got binned

6 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Fact is and was he was crap for Aberdeen.. not up to it.  He may do ok in the lower end of premiership / top end of division below in his career but he rightfully got binned

That was the weird goal where he outjumped Lewis wasn't it? Lewis always seems to have a howler against us, think it's 3 in his last 3 against us he's made a goal resulting error

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

Or just a simple GIRFUY to the fans that were singing he was a reject before he scored against you.

In any case, he's been playing well for us, and formed a good partnership with Bailey and Forrest, can see at least one of them scoring in this game.

Impossible to be confident here, injury list, at home against a team we will struggle to break down with the inevitable goal(s) from a former player, who I'm equally pleased+seething to see doing well for yous so I'd be grateful if Livi could just take the points and f**k off quietly please. Thanks in advance.

I really want this to work out for Glass however it's becoming ever more apparent that he's out of his depths in a managerial capacity. 

If we don't win tonight I suspect he'll be shown the door.

I wouldn't mind but Hearts, Motherwell and Dundee Utd haven't even been consistent. If we could just get our shit together. 4 wins is all it takes to catch up. 

It's embarrassing where we are currently considering the resources we have at our disposal compared to many clubs in this league. It's high time Glass and this squad start winning.

Aberdeen 3-0 win and the start of a marathon winning streak...oh! got to go. The nurse has arrived with my medication.