Auchinleck Talbot v Hearts

BC63

17 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I would have thought if Talbot wanted to play the tie in Killie to cash in, they would only need to lift the phone.

A wee call to Cathy Jamieson and I doubt there would be a problem getting Rugby Park given her connection with both clubs.

Convincing the authorities of a valid reason to move the game might be the issue on the other hand.

We're playing at Rugby Park on the same day unless one or both are moved to another day for TV.

Hearts don’t normally travel in great numbers to Rugby Park these days, if I were Talbot I would be wanting them on a wild wet day at Beechwood, not sure Hearts would want that and Fudge may go running to the SFA. 
Fudge can run to the SFA all he wants but game will be at Beechwood? We didn't get our licence just to throw away on the first big team we get. Hopefully a live pick for the BBC game.

1 hour ago, BC63 said:
9 hours ago, Jack_Jarvis said:
Hearts don’t normally travel in great numbers to Rugby Park these days, if I were Talbot I would be wanting them on a wild wet day at Beechwood, not sure Hearts would want that and Fudge may go running to the SFA. 

Fudge can run to the SFA all he wants ...

I think "Fudge" was supposed to be a pun on Ann Budge rather than referring to a chap. 

Mister Jarvis appears to have been imagining something unlikely happening in the future so he can get enjoy being annoyed about it now.

If we've learnt one thing this thread it's that Auchinleck's ground is at a higher standard than people might reasonably expect for a club playing at that level 

A bit like Rugby Park in that respect, although Talbot's prospects of promotion look stronger

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I think "Fudge" was supposed to be a pun on Ann Budge rather than referring to a chap. 

Mister Jarvis appears to have been imagining something unlikely happening in the future so he can get enjoy being annoyed about it now.

If we've learnt one thing this thread it's that Auchinleck's ground is at a higher standard than people might reasonably expect for a club playing at that level 

A bit like Rugby Park in that respect, although Talbot's prospects of promotion look stronger

I hope you get  pumped rotten.

Could I also recommend a quiet pre match snifter in the Madhouse where you're guaranteed a warm welcome.

15 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Heard theres a possibility of early kick off on the Saturday for bbc

Doubt it as sky normally have that slot . 

I think our club would also be a bit miffed at that too given that we had to forego a lot of hospitality potential and probably another couple of hundred on the gate  to have ours on a Monday night. 

I think our club would also be a bit miffed at that too given that we had to forego a lot of hospitality potential and probably another couple of hundred on the gate  to have ours on a Monday night. 
BBC will show live Scottish cup ties from 4th round of a sat/sun slot. 2 years ago Talbot v Ayr was live on sat lunchtime. I'm sure Brechin could have turned down the Monday slot if they wanted to. Like Irvine meadow and Talbot done in the 1st round.

52 minutes ago, BC63 said:
58 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

BBC will show live Scottish cup ties from 4th round of a sat/sun slot. 2 years ago Talbot v Ayr was live on sat lunchtime. I'm sure Brechin could have turned down the Monday slot if they wanted to. Like Irvine meadow and Talbot done in the 1st round.

Ah , ok , that bit I didn't realise . Sorry .😚

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Sky don't have a slot. They don't have rights to the Scottish Cup. In this round Premier Sports will show two games and the BBC 2 ties.

In last years 4th Round BBC had a game on the Friday night on BBC Scotland and a tie on Sunday afternoon on BBC 1 Scotland. I expect it will be similar this year except maybe a game on Saturday instead of Sunday

3 hours ago, BC63 said:
3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Had to be at that time though as that was before you floodlights.

Premier will pick Rangers and Celtic at the best times to maximise viewers/subscriptions and the BBC will pick up the two most interesting ties. No SWNT next month so nothing stopping a Friday night game.

4 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Sky don't have a slot. They don't have rights to the Scottish Cup. In this round Premier Sports will show two games and the BBC 2 ties.

In last years 4th Round BBC had a game on the Friday night on BBC Scotland and a tie on Sunday afternoon on BBC 1 Scotland. I expect it will be similar this year except maybe a game on Saturday instead of Sunday

We played Aberdeen last season in the last 32 live on BBC on a Saturday with a 12.15 kick off (which was our fourth game in a week and less than 39 hours after we had completed our game against Airdrie on the Thursday night).

2 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

We played Aberdeen last season in the last 32 live on BBC on a Saturday with a 12.15 kick off (which was our fourth game in a week and less than 39 hours after we had completed our game against Airdrie on the Thursday night).

I don't think you can read too much into last season's Last 32 onward. It got delayed from late January to early April, so entire tournament was squeezed into a few weeks, with only 1 weekend between each round, and indeed none at all between Last 16 and QFs.

For some reason BBC got given an extra game too, having also had a notionally extra game in preceding round to make up for truncated format.

More reliable a comparison might be 2019-20. On that occasion PremierSports showed Rangers v Stranraer on Friday night fresh from winter break - and Partick v Celtic on Saturday teatime. Those are similar ties to this time around. BBC showed Dundee v Motherwell on Saturday night and Dundee Utd v Hibs on Sunday afternoon: note there was no Saturday lunchtime game. Like this time Monday would have been problematic, as there is a full Premiership card due on Wednesday following.

Clubs in League 1 and League 2 specifically voted for that hectic fixtures schedule against the advice of the SPFL Board.