Auchinleck Talbot v Hearts

BC63

14 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

There’s a Celtic game, a Rangers game and two top flight match ups

This is going to be fifth choice at best

The only all premiership tie is Livi v County. I've heard its also the only tie where both teams are from the same league but haven't checked

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

The only all premiership tie is Livi v County. I've heard its also the only tie where both teams are from the same league but haven't checked

My mistake!
I'd forgotten that Kilmarnock had got themselves relegated. I suspect that's slightly higher in the public consciousness of Auchinleck

Nope...it was on the instruction of The Polis...
"East Kilbride, who play in the Lowland League, were told by Police Scotland that their K Park ground was unsuitable to stage a game of that magnitude."

There may still be room for discretion

If the police think the ground is almost, but not quite, suitable then Talbot could have the choice of spending cash to get the ground up to spec or moving the game.

There may still be room for discretion

If the police think the ground is almost, but not quite, suitable then Talbot could have the choice of spending cash to get the ground up to spec or moving the game.
Why wouldn't it be suitable?
Comfortably held 3100 against Ayr and could have held more.

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

There may still be room for discretion If the police think the ground is almost, but not quite, suitable then Talbot could have the choice of spending cash to get the ground up to spec or moving the game.

If it's not suitable why have the police, council and SFA granted it an approved capacity, safety certificate and licence.

4 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Nope...it was on the instruction of The Polis...

"East Kilbride, who play in the Lowland League, were told by Police Scotland that their K Park ground was unsuitable to stage a game of that magnitude."

Much to EK's chagrin as you'll recall: they wanted to play at home and didn't feel they'd given satisfactory explanations why they couldn't. Not forgotting that SFA stuck their oar in and agreed with the police - before involving East Kilbride - to move it to Hamilton: without bothering to ask Hamilton. Who promptly told them to get lost. Hence why it ended-up at Airdrie.

4 hours ago, andy25 said:

You can't just move it for the sake of getting a bigger crowd. Only reason it would be moved would be on police say so.

Indeed. This rash of fans asking about moving various ties smacks a bit of entitlement and condescension. Not to mention being disrespectul to the clubs involved - in this case Auchinleck.

Nobody goes around suggesting they move a game like Alloa v Celtic to (say) Falkirk or Broadwood so they can bulk-it-out with X thousand additional away fans.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Monday night game if that’s the case? I was presuming they would go for this one.

Monday night in the first three rounds was mainly just because it clashed with Scotland women's games. BBC Scotland had Saturday and Sunday games in the later rounds last season.

7 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

There’s a Celtic game, a Rangers game and two top flight match ups

This is going to be fifth choice at best

BBC love showing a non league teams game, one of the non league games will be third choice behind the Old Firms games probably Talbot as they’ve got potentially the biggest upset if they could somehow beat Hearts.   

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Monday night in the first three rounds was mainly just because it clashed with Scotland women's games. BBC Scotland had Saturday and Sunday games in the later rounds last season.

Didn’t realise that was the reason for it. I thought it was a cracking idea, though it perhaps helped that the one I attended we got a decent result and I was on holiday so could absolutely kick the arse out of it.

16 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

If it's not suitable why have the police, council and SFA granted it an approved capacity, safety certificate and licence.

Much to EK's chagrin as you'll recall: they wanted to play at home and didn't feel they'd given satisfactory explanations why they couldn't. Not forgotting that SFA stuck their oar in and agreed with the police - before involving East Kilbride - to move it to Hamilton: without bothering to ask Hamilton. Who promptly told them to get lost. Hence why it ended-up at Airdrie.

I’d argue that rather than the ground itself, the surrounding area of K Park would’ve been a major issue, given that it’s inside Calderglen Park, with various hidden entrance points and a massive woodland area- with demand obviously exceeding supply for the Celtic game, and the Celtic fans’ penchant for pyros, that game would clearly have been a much bigger risk than say, their sell out replay against LTHV in the previous round.

On the subject of Auchinleck moving the tie, I’d just assumed they would. Wasn’t the proposed replay against Hearts in 2019 scheduled to be at Rugby Park? I get that they’re licenced now so there will have been improvements to Beechwood Park since then, but are they that significant?

1 minute ago, Toby said:

On the subject of Auchinleck moving the tie, I’d just assumed they would. Wasn’t the proposed replay against Hearts in 2019 scheduled to be at Rugby Park? I get that they’re licenced now so there will have been improvements to Beechwood Park since then, but are they that significant?

That's slightly different: until last year there was a specific rule about qualifiers (as Auchinleck were up until now), and not necessarily using their own ground from R4. Qualifiers only have to meet basic criteria - they can essentially use an open park - not have an enclosed, licensed ground. For example the Amateur Cup winner almost certainly won't.

However regardess of that Auchinleck has previously shown they can host a capacity crowd (against Ayr), plus the ground is now licensed. It has the same rating as Cove, Albion Rovers, Edinburgh City and Kelty and just handful of nonleaguers rate higher (Berwick, Brechin, Cumbernauld Colts, Spartans).

I would be very surprised if the tie was moved to Kilmarnock. Why on earth would Talbot want that, different I suppose if the SFA insist tho'.

Playing the game at RP may lead to a crowd of 3 times the capacity that Beachwood can hold, but home advantage would be lost, and the chance of an even bigger payday in the next round lost as well.

Talbot fans, like any other fans of smaller clubs will have dreamed of games like this on their own wee patch and it would be great for the village as a whole.

I've a real soft spot for them and wish them well  and I'm f**kin relieved it's Hearts and not us.

1 hour ago, Toby said:

I would have thought if Talbot wanted to play the tie in Killie to cash in, they would only need to lift the phone.

A wee call to Cathy Jamieson and I doubt there would be a problem getting Rugby Park given her connection with both clubs.

Convincing the authorities of a valid reason to move the game might be the issue on the other hand.