Auchinleck Talbot v Hearts

BC63

After the disappointment of the Scottish cup draw. Hearts AGAIN!! Time to reflect on it a bit more closely. We have been drawn against potentially the 3rd best team in Scotland at Auchinleck. What an occasion that will be. Biggest ever game at Beechwood Park. We built a great wee stadium to host games like this. Excitement kicking in already. A capacity crowd guaranteed and maybe live on BBC.

Bring it on. [emoji460][emoji460][emoji460]

Remember some of the Hearts players are internatialists and could be heading to the world Cup in a year's time but not before a trip to "gods little acre".

1 minute ago, Shanner said:

It's a fantastic draw. It will be fantastic to see Talbot pit themselves against a good top division side on their own patch.

This game has to be at the top of the BBC shortlist for live coverage.

Monday night game if that’s the case? I was presuming they would go for this one.

52 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Monday night game if that’s the case? I was presuming they would go for this one.

would be hoping for the Saturday lunchtime slot like the Ayr game in 2019. 

Plenty would have expected the Accies game to be on last night though so who can say. 

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

There's a full card of Premiership fixtures the following midweek which would likely rule this out for Monday night.

The only caveat is that Hearts' fixture that midweek is against Celtic which could be moved to the Thursday for TV. But even then I'd imagine the cup picks will be made before Sky make their league picks.

Edited by The Master

1 hour ago, BC63 said:
2 hours ago, Aylo vanal said:
What's the capacity? Hoping to get a ticket for this. 

If BBC cover the game (hopefully on the sat lunch time slot) then capacity should be about 3000-3500

I assume you could pretty much fill that yourselves, what sort of allocation will we get? 500 or so?

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

I assume you could pretty much fill that yourselves, what sort of allocation will we get? 500 or so?

Scottish Cup rules are 20% for away fans I think. I managed to get one for Ibrox when we got 800 so hopefully get one here too. 

It's a fantastic draw. It will be fantastic to see Talbot pit themselves against a good top division side on their own patch.
This game has to be at the top of the BBC shortlist for live coverage.

There’s a Celtic game, a Rangers game and two top flight match ups

This is going to be fifth choice at best

4 minutes ago, andy25 said:

You can't just move it for the sake of getting a bigger crowd. Only reason it would be moved would be on police say so.

I thought it was possible to request it. Didn't East Kilbride move their game against Celtic a few seasons back for that reason as they'd already played at K Park in that season's competition?

5 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I thought it was possible to request it. Didn't East Kilbride move their game against Celtic a few seasons back for that reason as they'd already played at K Park in that season's competition?

They moved it to Airdrie but that was Shirley for the cash.

Just now, TheScarf said:

They moved it to Airdrie but that was Shirley for the cash.

That's what i thought too. Which is why I was asking if there was any danger of Auchinleck doing the same. I assume even if they could, a slightly smaller crowd would be worth it for home advantage at their own ground though.