Banks o’ Dee vs. Raith Rovers (SC4)

WSDR 88

2 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Have to say what a friendly club Banks O'Dee are.

Everyone from the ticket collector, programme sellers and ladies in the pie stall were very pleasant and helpful.

Other clubs could do well to follow their example.

The pies were excellent too. 3 quid for the programme seemed a bit steep though but the wee lassies selling them bullied me in to it 

I had high hopes that this game might allow certain players to get a little confidence back into them, but the fact that with 25 minutes to go I was starting to get a little nervous about going out, gives you an indication that this wasn’t really a morale boosting performance. 

This was very much a continuation of the lethargic, insipid performances of the last few weeks, and while I had a really good day out, the game wasn’t really a positive aspect of it. 

Appreciate the “job done” attitude of some, and in all honesty that’s fair enough, but I was hoping for something today which would give me some kind of hope that we were turning a corner and I got quite the opposite. 

Good macaroni pie though, so well worth the trip. 

1 hour ago, rodricoh said:

what was the booing of Berra about? It seemed to be coming from the Rovers support behind the goal.

There were a bunch of Bank O'Dee fans standing behind our goal too, not sure why they were only booing Berra though.  Unless it's do with something he's done as a Hearts player against Aberdeen.

Edited by SanStarko

7 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I had high hopes that this game might allow certain players to get a little confidence back into them, but the fact that with 25 minutes to go I was starting to get a little nervous about going out, gives you an indication that this wasn’t really a morale boosting performance. 

This was very much a continuation of the lethargic, insipid performances of the last few weeks, and while I had a really good day out, the game wasn’t really a positive aspect of it. 

Appreciate the “job done” attitude of some, and in all honesty that’s fair enough, but I was hoping for something today which would give me some kind of hope that we were turning a corner and I got quite the opposite. 

Good macaroni pie though, so well worth the trip. 

We certainly did not look like a side with promotion aspirations.

That said, this was Banks O Dee's biggest game in their entire history.  They are probably at the level of a good HL side, and I don't think they even entered our box until the 80th minute.  It was a performance of total dominance, but still a nervy one.

BoD clearly had their game plan, one that revolved in the main around trying to stop Rovers scoring and hoping to get lucky and nick one at the other end. The longer it went without Rovers scoring the better their chances. BBC stats, show that with 2/3 possession and 19 shots to 2 at goal it was pretty much 1 way traffic at time but without the goals.  Once the opening goal came Dee came out of their shell and had to push forward, but other than a free kick from a Lang foul they really offered little threat.

Jamma had virtually nothing to do being a virtual spectator 90% of his touches were fielding pass backs, all the same it was a good stop from their free kick.

Berra and Dick were imo our best defenders, Musonda did ok but Lang had some terrible touches and looked like a player who hasn't played in a month (which of course he is).

Stanton, Matthews and Williamson all put in decent shifts with probably the latter being the most impressive despite Stantons goal.

Really felt for Gullan who got no service at all, likewise I felt for Zanatta who cut a disconsolate and frustrated figure when subbed. He looked like a fish out of water in the 1st half on that right wing, after 2 failed attempts to beat the Dee left back didn't look like having confidence to even try again. He was better in his more familiar role once back on the left but his confidence looks shot.  Ross seems to have lost his way a bit too. Connolly gives us something different every time he comes on.

At half time I was hoping the gaffer would put Pop on for Dario and put Ethan out wide, Gullan isn't a No' 9 and needs a Varian, Poplatnik or preferably a Brian Graham type to feed off.

5th round finance, relatively conservative calculations. Celtic Park in the last 16 and perhaps 30,000+ punters at an average of £15 is about £450k, less 20% for expenses and divided by 2 equals £180k plus tv money. Best case (a bigger crowd) could even be worth up to £300k.  No matter what be it a decent or massive amount some must go into the playing budget for next season but a portion should definitely go towards bringing in another striker for this season, but who?

5 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Jealousy will get you nowhere anyway I gave it away diabetic no chocolate for me. 😉

Hmmph! Ye've had yer last photo o yer pie fae me.........and yer baked snack!!

Edited by Scottydog

Anyway back to the game apart from 10 to 15 minutes after Stanton scored we were pushed back but weathered the storm and a couple of subs who probably had a point to prove did the business. I unlike others will not criticise the manager or his co manager who in the two spells have worked wonders with this team. Ok, we will have bad days but all teams apart from the ugly sisters go through these spells it's what footballs all about you win some and you lose some especially teams like the Rovers.  We've done fairly well in the cups this season still in two and in the later stages of both I am not looking to beat Celtic but it's in my prayers that we do. I am just being realistic and hope that I am wrong. No reason why we can't beat Killie they are just as good or bad as us depending on how you view the team. I for one will probably not go to Prkhead because the last time I was there Scott Thomson kicked the ball out so Peter Grant could get treatment and the rest as they say is history cheating barstewards.