Banks o’ Dee vs. Raith Rovers (SC4)

WSDR 88

19 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Any in the know about where to park? It’s being debated on the Rover thread.

I live in Aberdeen and used to work very close to Spain Park. It’s on the edge of vast industrial estates which will be deserted on a Saturday, so plenty of on street parking in either East or West Tullos Industrial Estates and a short walk. Personally I wouldn’t park in the residential streets of Torry and don’t try Tesco, Lidl or Halfords etc.

10 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

I remember Balaclava bar, went in at half 10 and was the only person there not pissed.

I see its still on fb, is it in the same place or has it moved ?

Still same place.  Closed for a couple of years but opened up again a couple of months back under new owners.  

17 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

What's the chip shop called going out towards  the airport at Dyce and the pub quite close to it?

Next to train station at Dyce? It's called Sea Salt and Sole and the pub is the Spiders Web.

Only other place I can think of fitting that description would be Davies Fish Bar and a pub called the Four Mile, they are on the way towards the airport.

Edited by CALDERON

Looking forward to tomorrow, taken my eldest to her first Away game (she’s 7), so it should be an experience for her either way! Pit stop at the McD’s at Forfar on the way up.

I really liked McGlynn’s pre match interview, you can tell he’s fully given boys a shake this week. I’d like us to go as full strength as possible, don’t want this to be anything close to an upset.

3 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Gutted that on Union St Bells lounge is long gone, the Howf is now a place to avoid rather than seek out.

Still there's the Grill.

Geez! The Grill.

I remember it way back over 50 years ago when it was "MEN ONLY" on the signs on the door and in the window. I used to frequent the Short Mile up Great Western Road back then, but alas it's no more. The Kirkgate and the Prince of Wales were favourites as was the Marischal in its day. Saying nothing about the Blue Lamp!😲😂😂

There were a fair few others in "student land" that I'll gloss over but they served a worthy pint in their day.🍺

Edited by embow

Geez! The Grill.
I remember it way back over 50 years ago when it was "MEN ONLY" on the signs on the door and in the window. I used to frequent the Short Mile up Great Western Road back then, but alas it's no more. The Kirkgate and the Prince of Wales were favourites as was the Marischal in its day. Saying nothing about the Blue Lamp![emoji44][emoji23][emoji23]
There were a fair few others in "student land" that I'll gloss over but they served a worthy pint in their day.[emoji481]

And club Metro for the more discerning clientele…..

13 hours ago, embow said:

Geez! The Grill.

I remember it way back over 50 years ago when it was "MEN ONLY" on the signs on the door and in the window. I used to frequent the Short Mile up Great Western Road back then, but alas it's no more. The Kirkgate and the Prince of Wales were favourites as was the Marischal in its day. Saying nothing about the Blue Lamp!😲😂😂

There were a fair few others in "student land" that I'll gloss over but they served a worthy pint in their day.🍺

The Grill, Kirkgate, POW and the Lamp are all still on the go.  The Marishal is now one of the two Brewdog bars in the toon if you like that sort of thing.  A few pubs have closed down in the last couple of years but the properly established ones seem to survive.  

Anyway, hopefully the Rechabites (!) do the business today.