Banks o’ Dee vs. Raith Rovers (SC4)

WSDR 88

1 hour ago, WSDR 88 said:

Hi BoD fans, can you kindly confirm what the Spain Park capacity is; 876 or 2,300? Conflicting numbers on the Web…

As I said in the Rovers page, it’s quite nice but very small. I would be astonished if you could fit more than 500-600 in. The stand holds around 100, then there’s just a narrow gap along the rest of the main stand side where maybe 75-100 could stand in total. I would guess you could perhaps squeeze 150 Max into each of the two covered standing areas and another 50 on that side. Aside from that, I can’t really see where you can stand. There’s nothing behind either goal, one end is literally 5 yards to a high fence then a steep embankment down to the River Dee. I suppose a few could maybe watch from behind the fence at the other end but no more than a couple of dozen. You’ve also got to factor in guests and officials from both sides so that leaves even fewer paying customers.

16 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Ideally it'll get moved to Cove. There should be a relatively decent interest with it being the Scottish Cup. I think the last time we had a non league side in the Scottish Cup away from home.

2014/5 Linlithgow Rose A

2012/3 Deveronvale H

2007/8 Threave Rovers A

Before that I reckon your going back 30 odd years

Ideally it'll get moved to Cove. There should be a relatively decent interest with it being the Scottish Cup. I think the last time we had a non league side in the Scottish Cup away from home.

Anywhere except Cove [emoji23]

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Where are you seeing 2,300? This groundhopper's blog shows the 876 capacity: https://laurencereade.com/2021/08/26/the-bonny-banks/

img_0499-2.jpg?w=2000&h=

I was pretty much spot in with my estimations but there is absolutely no way almost 300 fans could fit/watch/get any kind of decent view from behind that goal. That area is essentially a continuation of the playing surface, flat astroturf with a building taking up a third of the space, there is a raised, sloped walkway at the rear of it but I don’t know if that would be considered as an area you can spectate from.

1 minute ago, Raith_Raver said:

Occaisionally teams expecting a much bigger crowd than their normal capacity have erected temporary stands. Is that possible at Spain Park?

Don't think so, the boundaries are incredibly tight.

I’m not completely convinced that we’d break the Spain Park capacity if shifting the game to Cove. From a financial point of view I suspect Banks O Dee may well be better off not handing rent over to Cove and disappointing a couple of hundred Rovers fans.

Not generally a fan of teams shifting matches. Would be a scramble for tickets but I hope we play it at their ground.

This could all be moot of course if the BBC decide to ruin our fun and televise it on a Monday night.

Aye, I’m one that is only interested if it’s a new ground for me. Been to Cove and it is brutal for watching a game. The other 4 in my group are the same.

So it may be that the fans that would turn up for the game at Spain park will not necessarily all transfer over to a game at Cove. Big gamble then to move it!