Thistle v Diamonds

diamondman

14 hours ago, diamondman said:

Pretty much concur. We have not been used to losing of late but we are certainly stretched. Unless momentous signings in the next 48 hours change that at all. Perhaps not....

I imagine moves won't be happening until after this weekend, when cup games are out the way, so aye, Thistle will have a much deeper squad. They'd have had that anyway I suppose, but as you say, very stretched indeed. 

Looking forward to it nonetheless, in spite of the horrendous pitch. 

Don't know if I'm alone in thinking this, but I genuinely have not a care in the world what the score is today.

I'd much rather give a team of under 19's or whoever a game, and keep everyone fresh for Tuesday. Probably won't even stream the game either tbh. It's a strange feeling because I've been really enjoying the games recently but I just feel this Is a distraction we could do without, especially squad size, wise.

Don't know if I'm alone in thinking this, but I genuinely have not a care in the world what the score is today.
I'd much rather give a team of under 19's or whoever a game, and keep everyone fresh for Tuesday. Probably won't even stream the game either tbh. It's a strange feeling because I've been really enjoying the games recently but I just feel this Is a distraction we could do without, especially squad size, wise.

Whatever the score is I hope at least it doesn’t go to extra time - I’m not sure our squad could take that with another game on Tuesday night!

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Airdrie started well, but we’ve been the better team since the first 10-15 minutes or so and deserve to be ahead. Could quite easily be more. 

Agreed. We tend to start at a very high intensity and I thought we had the better of the opening 15 but couldn’t quite create any clear chances. Our best opportunity was when Frizzell won the ball and broke forward but he should have played in McGill rather than going himself. 

Since then we’ve seen the usual issues I think most Airdrie fans expected. We can get away with playing McCabe at centre back and Walker at left back in League One but it’s clear that our left side of McGill and Walker are struggling today against tougher opposition. McCabe’s been fine but we definitely lack height at set-pieces given all four of Thistle defence and two strikers are bigger than all of our team apart from Watson and maybe Fordyce. The pitch isn’t helping either, it seems strange saying it about Airdrie but we can’t play the kind of football we have for the last few months.

Thoroughly deserved that. Airdrie barely created a thing even with the extra man, only one notable chance I can think of where a cross came through to the back post and Sneddon saved well.

Red card was a really poor decision.

Hope the boy in the green jacket who was giving sieg heil salutes has a fucking miserable night. And life.