Thistle v Diamonds

diamondman

Despite the seemingly millions of league and challenge cup ties between the teams of late, this is the first Scottish Cup meeting since 1986 when Airdrie progressed after a replay. If it was being played this weekend I'd be quite confident but we'll see where we are in 2 months time. 

While it's not a Clydebank (wink emoji etc) or Banks O Dee away, it's also not away to one of the Premiership teams in Tayside or a team in our own division so definitely take this one. 

13 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Despite the seemingly millions of league and challenge cup ties between the teams of late, this is the first Scottish Cup meeting since 1986 when Airdrie progressed after a replay. If it was being played this weekend I'd be quite confident but we'll see where we are in 2 months time. 

While it's not a Clydebank (wink emoji etc) or Banks O Dee away, it's also not away to one of the Premiership teams in Tayside or a team in our own division so definitely take this one. 

I wanted thistle or airdrie tbh jammy bast#rds got ma wish

Mon the papers 

23 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Thanks for info as I could not remember a Scottish Cup game between us and I am struggling to recollect those games. It is as a you say a wheen of weeks away so form can alter.  Will the away fans be behind the goal or is that always reserved for the young Thistle guys? Last time I was there I think I was in the Jackie Husband stand? Best wishes.

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Best wishes.

On 29/11/2021 at 22:51, diamondman said:

May the best team win

What is going on with Airdrie fans?

10 hours ago, Aufc said:

Hope the disabled partick fans are ready for a kicking

That's more like it. 

Airdrie will be* in the old main stand, the Ruchill Park end of the Jackie Husband which probably would have been the away end in 2019 is being used as a covid-safe zone with masks and social distancing enforced, intended for people who are immuno-compromised so that only leaves the main stand for away fans. 

*pending any covid restrictions between now and then obviously. 

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to this one now. Given where we are in the league I’d be looking to give some of our fringe players a run out and get our important players rested for the Clyde game on Tuesday. However given we’re down to the bare bones we’ll be forced to field our strongest team unless we’re able to bring in a few reinforcements this week.

We’ll probably pump this rabble tbh.

Looking forward to this game now. A combination of our league form and scottish cup fever.  A cracking day. Would also be hoping we can bolster the squad this weeek as the games are coming thick and fast. With the pace we are playing its a matter of time before niggles start creeping in or even suspensions. 

I think McKenna, Hendrie, McIver and Turner may be looking for a start here but it’ll depend on whether McCall wants to change it up much, or try and keep the same personnel as last week. I actually think this could be a tricky match, Airdrie doing well in the league below, they’ll fancy their chances. 

The first of those 3 are playing in the Glasgow cup right now so that might suggest we're playing our strongest team, as I think we should. Airdrie were unlucky in both games at Firhill last season, and while both teams are stronger than then it'll still be a very tough game.

Games were quite close between us last season but both sides have improved since then so hard to take much from that. We concede too many from set-pieces so that's going to be exploited in this game you'd have to imagine. I fancy we'll see a cupla goals for both teams so it ought to be decent enough entertainment, albeit the shambolic state of the park (based on what I've seen on the tv anyway) might hinder that somewhat. 

Free hit for us and whilst making it to the next round would be very good, giving a good account of ourselves and avoiding any injuries to key players would be satisfactory enough. 

Our form has been excellent but it's a step up playing a decent side in the league above from smacking dross like falkirk, east fife and Dumbarton about the place. We've a win in us, but cup games are a bonus and giving clyde a doing on Tuesday is of far more importance than this tie. 

8 hours ago, AndyDD said:

Free hit for us and whilst making it to the next round would be very good, giving a good account of ourselves and avoiding any injuries to key players would be satisfactory enough. 

Pretty much concur. We have not been used to losing of late but we are certainly stretched. Unless momentous signings in the next 48 hours change that at all. Perhaps not....