Aberdeen v Edinburgh City

Frank Grimes

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Was the Airdrie match the one where it was 7-0? And if my memory isn’t playing tricks on me, was only one of a handful of matches played in Scotland that day because of awful weather everywhere but the North East.

Unfortunately not. The Dandies won 3-1. Alex Smith was the manager.

2 hours ago, big al said:

You will need to return to sample the RDS then.

I always liked The Northern Light re-christening it "The Dick Erection"

They came up with an imagined headline for a story about Falkirk being booed by Aberdeen fans in the RDS:

"BAIRNS ABUSED BY DICK ERECTION"

Best thing about cup ties is you never have to sit beside some of these clowns ever again. Guy beside me had some wild shouts.

Routine. 3-0 probably flattered Edinburgh but they gave a good account of themselves.

Barron looked good when he came on. Always looking to do something. Would have been nice to see him in the first half when there was a bit more space.

Some nice neat play from Aberdeen often ended up with the ball ballooning over the bar. An attractive team to watch but need to work on their shooting.

We're reasonably happy with 3-0 and had a good day out. The only thing that spoiled it was it's almost as if your away end had recently hosted some foul ignorant knuckle dragging orcs who left their calling cards stuck all over the place.

Spoiler

The glue isn't very strong on those stickers. One slipped "accidentally" into the urinals and was duly peed upon by some naughty fellow.... Heh heh heh....

First half made the free ticket worthwhile.

Good bit of pace and intent - and only erratic shooting kept the score down.

Not sure if it was instruction due to the heavy upcoming fixture list, but the second half turned into a dull training match. Edinburgh City just sat in and AFC didn’t look like they could be bothered breaking them down.

Emmanuel-Thomas should have been brought on earlier for entertainment value. The crossbar challenge from such a distance and a vast empty gaping goal took some doing.

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

First half made the free ticket worthwhile.

Good bit of pace and intent - and only erratic shooting kept the score down.

Not sure if it was instruction due to the heavy upcoming fixture list, but the second half turned into a dull training match. Edinburgh City just sat in and AFC didn’t look like they could be bothered breaking them down.

Emmanuel-Thomas should have been brought on earlier for entertainment value. The crossbar challenge from such a distance and a vast empty gaping goal took some doing.

I think Edinburgh were happy to get away with 2-0 at that point. Keeper had started taking his time with goal kicks and we were happy to see it out.