Aberdeen v Edinburgh City

Frank Grimes

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m sure that Stephen Glass has learnt from the Raith Rovers match and will start with our strongest team on Saturday. No fannying about with fringe players. This is such an important match for the club.

Surely he wouldn’t do that again. 

50 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m sure that Stephen Glass has learnt from the Raith Rovers match and will start with our strongest team on Saturday. No fannying about with fringe players. This is such an important match for the club.

Agreed. Still think it was the correct decision but we didn't show up on the day, whilst Raith were very good.

I'd like to see Barron get a decent run out here.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-cup-swings-back-into-action-as-fourth-round-gets-underway/?rid=14258

"Aberdeen have never previously faced a League 2/Division 3 side in the Scottish Cup".  I originally thought nah, that's a typo, or wrong, but as far as I can see it's correct.  Since 94/95 when three divisions became four, we've never played a team from the bottom division in the Scottish Cup.  We haven't played a non-league team in that time either (and that goes back a long time before 94/95 I think).  

Bloody stitch up! 

Edited by resk

Might nip to this no thanks to Kelty dicking us out in the last round

If there's any Edinburgh City uber-ground hopping types on here going up early, East End FC are at home with a 1.30 KO for a double score. 5ish minute walk towards the Seaton riviera and you could probably see a half and a bit before going back. It won't be silky, I'd wager.

Edited by Scorge

8 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

f**k Edinburgh City and all who sail in her.

Charming. We've never played you and you're treating us like the currants already! And there's me had a soft spot for the Dandies too. Well you can stick yer Northern Lights up yer arse!

Boring fact: By being seated in the South stand I'll have done all 4 sides of Pittodrie:

Merkland Road: 1992 v Airdrie.

Beach End: 1992 v Hibs

Main Stand: 1994ish v Broch, Aberdeenshire Cup.

23 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Charming. We've never played you and you're treating us like the currants already! And there's me had a soft spot for the Dandies too. Well you can stick yer Northern Lights up yer arse!

Boring fact: By being seated in the South stand I'll have done all 4 sides of Pittodrie:

Don't take it to heart, you're still our favourite Edinburgh club by a staggeringly large margin.

Edited by Illgresi

On 20/01/2022 at 19:04, tamthebam said:

Was the Airdrie match the one where it was 7-0? And if my memory isn’t playing tricks on me, was only one of a handful of matches played in Scotland that day because of awful weather everywhere but the North East.

On 20/01/2022 at 19:04, tamthebam said:

You will need to return to sample the RDS then.