Dumbarton vs. Dundee

RossBFaeDundee

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Punching a player in the baws to get yourself sent off isn't bad luck tbh.

I’m not sure about you, but that didn’t look anything like a punch or anywhere near the balls, to me…

Edited by FifeSons

I called MacLean a clown but I take that back, I made a judgement on his previous lack of discipline, that’s never a red card.

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Supposedly some Dumbarton lads smashing up Dundee supporter bus windows. Shitebag behaviour.

image.thumb.png.b47ceb125324baefb01dac6607a2e449.png

If these wee fannys have been setting off flares and smashing bus windows we should be banning them asap. Why does every group of wee guys who start following us end up displaying absolute reprobate behaviour when they sprout a few pubes?

Aye that is shocking. I already said that they can stay away if they can't reign it in a little but there's no coming back from that kind of thing. Don't these wee idiots realise they are giving the club a terrible rep. In fact... they probably don't care as they aren't actually Dumbarton fans.

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Supposedly some Dumbarton lads smashing up Dundee supporter bus windows. Shitebag behaviour.

image.thumb.png.b47ceb125324baefb01dac6607a2e449.png

If it’s any consolation, there seemed to be a fair few of them drawn to the game yesterday for the sole purpose of abusing Griffiths - which might tell you all you need to know about who their ‘big team’ is.

Either way, this is completely unacceptable. Not a good look for the club.

Do red cards for violent conduct count for the League?

If so we need to find the money to appeal that, because there’s no doubt at all in my mind that we’ll win it. The referee didn’t see it apparently, he made the decision based on his assistant telling him in his ear. So it won’t be a massive climbdown from him to admit his mistake. Although from that clip, I'm really not sure I believe that was the case.

Really poor stuff from Cammy Kerr.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

10 hours ago, cedrick1 said:

If ref sees that as a red gives you an idea of his judgement.

whatabout 

jish and Dundee centre back jostling each other- nothing

mckee foul in front of dugnouts- no yellow

adams 2 fouls ignored 

mullins continually abusing the linesman 

You sound like a Rangers fan.

Do red cards for violent conduct count for the League?

If so we need to find the money to appeal that, because there’s no doubt at all in my mind that we’ll win it. The referee didn’t see it apparently, he made the decision based on his assistant telling him in his ear. So it won’t be a massive climbdown from him to admit his mistake. Although from that clip, I'm really not sure I believe that was the case.

Really poor stuff from Cammy Kerr.

I am not sure how the ref wouldn’t have seen that given he was looking straight at it. And not sure how he could have thought it was excessive given he he hardly threw an elbow more just trying to shrug Kerr off. Sort of thing you see at every corner. And as you say very poor from Kerr. Acting it to get an opponent sent off is never a good look

29 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

I am not sure how the ref wouldn’t have seen that given he was looking straight at it. And not sure how he could have thought it was excessive given he he hardly threw an elbow more just trying to shrug Kerr off. Sort of thing you see at every corner. And as you say very poor from Kerr. Acting it to get an opponent sent off is never a good look

Aye, from watching it back I'm struggling to understand how he couldn't see it. Unless he's watched it, the linesman has radioed in his ear and he's assumed the linesman has seen something that's forced Kerr to ground.

The fact it's Cammy Kerr might sway both of them too. I'm not speaking from a position of knowledge here, but he doesn't strike me as someone who playacts very often. So his reputation probably wouldn't be counting against him here. Ironically if that was MacLean who went down like that the referee probably wouldn't have been interested, and every single one of our fans would've assumed he was at it.

9 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Will it be an extended ban because it's his second straight red of the season? His first, for context, was for foul and abusive language.

Then no, only if its his 2nd for the same offence. It will be a 2 match ban, one crossing competition boundaries and one held over for next year's Scottish Cup. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Punching players on the park and putting bricks through windows off of it. 

Giving the DFC's of the world a horrendous name. 

Hopefully the SFA take swift action! 

Maybe your lot could email their concerns to the SFA.

And then change the email the next day when a big team tells you what they want you to do.

Not that I am one to contest referees' decisions but that was no sending off.

Watch carefully on the Sportscene coverage. The first contact was from the Dundonian who clearly reaches out to impede. There was no punch to the goolies but there was a very professional collapse in the box.

Dundee Citizens is a great theatre. But their cast should not be on a football pitch.