Dumbarton vs. Dundee

RossBFaeDundee

17 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I faintly heard you say, "If you can't hear me, please let me know" haha.

:lol: At least some of my patter got picked up.

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Correct, an absolute fucking shambles, needed a pair of binoculars to see who was on the left wing 1st half. The crap all over the screen pre kick off and the white noise. 14 quid? Come off it.

It's absolutely soul destroying when things like this happen. From our point-of-view me and Chris pile in a load of effort to prep, I've spent my own money on a stand for our notes to save us having to just stand and hold them and we've tried to make the best of the situation we're in. We can't see the stream, because we don't have a TV/laptop and we can't hear it because we don't have headphones we can listen to whilst stood in the stand. My heart absolutely sinks when I look at my phone at 10 past 3 almost every week to see that something has gone wrong. It's rarely the same thing twice either.

Imo if we're going to be charging for a service (and charging a decent whack) then we need to use a bit of the money raised to have someone there with a bit of technical know how. Things will go wrong. It's live streaming. Of course they will. But we don't have anyone with the technical knowhow to sort things when that happens.

16 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

:lol: At least some of my patter got picked up.

It's absolutely soul destroying when things like this happen. From our point-of-view me and Chris pile in a load of effort to prep, I've spent my own money on a stand for our notes to save us having to just stand and hold them and we've tried to make the best of the situation we're in. We can't see the stream, because we don't have a TV/laptop and we can't hear it because we don't have headphones we can listen to whilst stood in the stand. My heart absolutely sinks when I look at my phone at 10 past 3 almost every week to see that something has gone wrong. It's rarely the same thing twice either.

Imo if we're going to be charging for a service (and charging a decent whack) then we need to use a bit of the money raised to have someone there with a bit of technical know how. Things will go wrong. It's live streaming. Of course they will. But we don't have anyone with the technical knowhow to sort things when that happens.

Just bin the robotic camera and get a guy with a camera, is that not do able? You're commentary was fine, when I could hear it.

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Just bin the robotic camera and get a guy with a camera, is that not do able? You're commentary was fine, when I could hear it.

We'd need two things for that. A guy. And a camera.

We can't even get a person to help out with the technical side of the current stream, let alone get someone to man a camera for 90 minutes. Maybe there's someone out there, maybe the club need to be proactive and (if finances allowed) maybe the club should look into the financial viability of paying someone to do it professionally. But I've absolutely no clue how much that would cost or if it would make business sense.

For a game like today then I'd imagine it would be a damn sight cheaper than the refunds we'd have to issue though.

On our actual performance;

Sam Ramsbottom can't grt in the bin quick enough for me. Dire.

Duties was our best player today and never stopped running!

Not yet convinced on big Josh but hard to judge in a league game and whatever that was today.

Carlo was a stand out again and both Carswell and Paton looked more like the pairing they should be. How much of that is down to how shite Dundee were... I'm not sure.

Surprised we didn't make more subs when we were dead on our feet though! Sam Muir wasn't great, particularly in the 2nd half. I'd have stuck Orsi on beside Josh for the last 10 mins as we were losing anyway.

ETA: I'm keen for the young boys to return and make some noise but there was too much shout of paedophile and such and if they are bringing in flares/smoke bombs etc then they can stay away. Just like the yobs who made our play off relegation even worse with their behaviour. 

Edited by squeezebox-son

Gutted to have lost today but extremely heartened with the effort put in by the players. Like most people, I didn't see the MacLean incident but the lack of protest makes me think it was a deserved red. I particularly loved Carswell laughing in Adam's face towards the end. Hopefully we can replicate that kind of performance on the league but I've said that the past two years after our cup exit and it didn't happen so I won't hold my breath. Good luck to Dundee in the next round and fly the flag for DFC's all over.

Special shout out to the ‘young sons’ who set of a flare, shat themselves and scattered when it actually went up in flames 😂

I’m all for noise and atmosphere but wee fannies like that can get in the bin.

Aside from that - we can take encouragement from the effort levels but discipline once again has let us down sadly. We didn’t offer much in the final third but that’s probably to be expected with 10 men against SPL opposition.

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I've just watched the sending-off and it looks harsh.  McLean was unwise in making any motion towards an opponent but it was neither forceful or violent and Cammy Kerr going down a shot horse really needs to take a look at himself.

Completely agree. He has made movement towards Kerr but that's as far as I could see (as above). Ref was desperate to give the red card though, which is bizarre considering some of the challenges that went without even a yellow.

Never a red card. Referee reacts to Kerr going down rather than the motion from McLean. McLean does make some really bad decisions. He goes down easily at times. He winds people up. He gets involved in things that get him booked when he needs to walk away. Perhaps its a bit of his reputation costing him rather than what he actually did today?

Absolutely garbage decision. Dundee may well still have won. Shouldn't have been against a 10 man Dumbarton though.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

If ref sees that as a red gives you an idea of his judgement.

whatabout 

jish and Dundee centre back jostling each other- nothing

mckee foul in front of dugnouts- no yellow

adams 2 fouls ignored 

mullins continually abusing the linesman 

For the first half hour of today's game I was convinced it was Barry Cook.

Looked like Barry Cook.

Refereed the game like Barry Cook.

So Colin Steven. Imagine deciding one day that Barry Cook was your professional idol and that you were going to model your refereeing career on him? A fucking Barry Cook tribute act. Kind of like Barry Cook, just that little bit shitter.

Edited by BallochSonsFan