Dumbarton vs. Dundee

RossBFaeDundee

Well that's a frustrating afternoon. Probably had the better chances of the two sides, penalty aside, but we didn't convert and MacLean acting the numpty put us up against it. Do feel for McKee, I'm not sure where his arm is supposed to be in that scenario but these are the rules. Ramsbottom should save the penalty IMO but hard to hold that against a keeper. Sons players seemed to think it was an arm that blocked our shot at the death and if that is so it would encapsulate a truly terrible afternoon of refereeing from that wee toad. He's deardful every time we have him. 

That said, we can take some positives in that we defended pretty well despite Dundee offering very little they are still miles ahead of us in terms of players. If Duthie can work on not shitting himself in front of goal he'll be a really handy player, he was great today taking players on and stealing the ball back for us but again missed a good chance to score. Josh up front is one of those guys who won't play well every week but will still give your team a focal point, and defenders clearly don't like playing against him. I'm glad that we had a bit more shape about us even with 10 men. 

Good luck to the Dundee boys in the next round, it looks like you need someone with new ideas but clearly players in that team with talent. Aw the best lads.

3 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Yet still couldn’t beat us, unlucky.

We couldn’t no, but considering we’re two leagues below, part-time and played half the match with a man disadvantage I thought we have it a hell of an effort. 

That still doesn’t change the fact Dundee were absolute honky tonk and you know it, despite this wee deflection effort.

Yeah the ref only got worse. Albeit the 2 main decision were probably correct (need to see both again). Charlie Adam should have 3 bookings instead of 1 and there were a few others he missed for sure. Seemed to give most of the decisions to the "big" team.

We worked ourselves into the ground and if we do the same every week from now we'll have a decent chance of staying up. But we still lack quality in the forward areas! Not convinced by Josh yet but he seems keen to impress so keep working and I hope he'll see the rewards.

Dundee... the less said the better. They look in a worse state than us, figuratively speaking. Big changes needed or you will be competing in the championship next year. Didn't even look like a team from 1 league about us, never mind 2!

Can't say much about the red card unless somewhere has it on video. Not convinced that the ref saw it. Maybe the linesman saw it clearly?

Ignoring the red card and the penalty decision, the ref got a lot of marginal decisions wrong. Fouls against us for Dundee players failing to win headers. Fouls against us for Dundee players failing to win tackles. Same decisions not made in our favour. Its a shame because Dundee were pish for much of the game whilst we actually looked ok. We were competing for much of the game, even with 10 men, and that should be a worry for Dundee fans. If we can take that kind of performance into our league games then we'll be fine come May.

Ref did his best to ruin the game. Dundee would probably have won, but it would have been tighter for longer. Sons need to build on a solid battling performance 

Ref seems to have got the decisions for pen and red card correct which might be luck based on his other efforts.

of the rest the foul I think by McKee as Dundee were breaking has to be a booking but ref chose to ignore that one . 
that plus Adams trilogy make a farce of refereeing

Other than that a brave attempt by dons and hopefully we can use this next week.

thought duthie Paton carsewell we our besties and mclean was doing well until the destruct button 

I've absolutely no idea how many of you on the stream heard anything. Saw anything or what. But it sounds like it was an absolute shambles for the viewer, so for that I apologise.

We ended up having to share a mic. We had no idea if (or when) anyone could hear us and basically were reliant on the guy selling 50/50s to turn everything off and back on again in the hope something would work.

As I've said about a million times, we have no way of seeing or hearing what you guys can. The only way I know something's gone wrong is when someone DMs me. And even then I've no idea how to fix it, because nobody has ever taught us. As soon as Pixellot (which is ropey imqho) plays up then we're humped. 

Anyway. We probably deserved to take that to extra time. And if MacLean had been sent off for whatever needless elbow or punch or whatever he did then we probably would've done. The players, and the manager, can take plenty of heart from the performance though. It didn't really look like 10 v 11 at any stage, and it was nice to see us continue to go for it in the second half. Not just sit in.

I've just came to the acceptance that we will simply never beat Dundee. 

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I've absolutely no idea how many of you on the stream heard anything. Saw anything or what. But it sounds like it was an absolute shambles for the viewer, so for that I apologise.

We ended up having to share a mic. We had no idea if (or when) anyone could hear us and basically were reliant on the guy selling 50/50s to turn everything off and back on again in the hope something would work.

As I've said about a million times, we have no way of seeing or hearing what you guys can. The only way I know something's gone wrong is when someone DMs me. And even then I've no idea how to fix it, because nobody has ever taught us. As soon as Pixellot (which is ropey imqho) plays up then we're humped. 

Anyway. We probably deserved to take that to extra time. And if MacLean had been sent off for whatever needless elbow or punch or whatever he did then we probably would've done. The players, and the manager, can take plenty of heart from the performance though. It didn't really look like 10 v 11 at any stage, and it was nice to see us continue to go for it in the second half. Not just sit in.

I faintly heard you say, "If you can't hear me, please let me know" haha.

Good effort from the lads.  Think we could’ve taken them if we’d had 11 men in the second half but it wasn’t to be. Duthie put in a great shift and I’m hoping we go with him and Wylde on the wing in future.  McLean is a fucking clown.  

East Fife caused us more trouble last week than Dundee did 😂 Cannot see them staying up if they keep McPake.

14 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Correct, an absolute fucking shambles, needed a pair of binoculars to see who was on the left wing 1st half. The crap all over the screen pre kick off and the white noise. 14 quid? Come off it.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again