Dumbarton vs. Dundee

RossBFaeDundee

Looking forward to this one tbh, never actually been down to the Rock before so should be a decent day out at the very least. I should expect to win this one, but after the scare from Bonnyrigg last season I'll not take anything for granted.

Hopefully give that DAB Paton one more heads gone as well, for old time's sake.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

• 1 month later...

If we win this does McPake get his jotters? It wasn't until I was writing up my notes last night that I realised how dire your form is this season. He must be under a fair bit of pressure after last night?

Edit: I have that very top Nade scored at Easter Road in on my wall. Might try and buy that picture to frame alongside it.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

If we win this does McPake get his jotters? It wasn't until I was writing up my notes last night that I realised how dire your form is this season. He must be under a fair bit of pressure after last night?

Edit: I have that very top Nade scored at Easter Road in on my wall. Might try and buy that picture to frame alongside it.

We could get relegated and I reckon McPake would stay in charge. He's Nelms' guy, simple as that. This would be the best time to let him go, 6 straight league losses, 2 weeks left in the transfer window, Jack Ross sitting there twiddling his thumbs, and beating our Tayside rivals to the punch. But no, not a chance. Wouldn't even be his worst cup loss tbh.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

We could get relegated and I reckon McPake would stay in charge. He's Nelms' guy, simple as that. This would be the best time to let him go, 6 straight league losses, 2 weeks left in the transfer window, Jack Ross sitting there twiddling his thumbs, and beating our Tayside rivals to the punch. But no, not a chance. Wouldn't even be his worst cup loss tbh.

I'm going to dig in more to his record tonight in prep, but his whole tenure has been a bit odd from the outside. It felt like he was on the brink for a fair bit of last season, then everything clicked at the right sort of time and you guys ended up back in the Premiership. Almost under the radar in a way.

Judging by him having a go at the senior players last night in his post-match I'd imagine it might be a much changed side for Saturday. If Josh Mulligan is the calibre of younger players you have on the fringes then you should be alright mind you. He's been absolutely superb against us twice this season for Peterhead. 

I'm hoping our quagmire of a pitch might be a leveller but given we absolutely never beat you lot then I won't be holding my breath for anything. I'm also not sure I've ever seen us cause a proper Scottish Cup upset before.

I'm going to dig in more to his record tonight in prep, but his whole tenure has been a bit odd from the outside. It felt like he was on the brink for a fair bit of last season, then everything clicked at the right sort of time and you guys ended up back in the Premiership. Almost under the radar in a way.
Judging by him having a go at the senior players last night in his post-match I'd imagine it might be a much changed side for Saturday. If Josh Mulligan is the calibre of younger players you have on the fringes then you should be alright mind you. He's been absolutely superb against us twice this season for Peterhead. 
I'm hoping our quagmire of a pitch might be a leveller but given we absolutely never beat you lot then I won't be holding my breath for anything. I'm also not sure I've ever seen us cause a proper Scottish Cup upset before.
We haven't beaten Dundee in our last sixteen attempts. A record that goes back to 1st January 1985 when we won 1-0 at Boghead in a (Premier) league match. As for cup upsets, I'm not sure if we've ever really had one. Saturday will be two days shy of forty years since the last time we beat a top flight team in any cup tie.

On 19/01/2022 at 15:38, microdave said:
On 19/01/2022 at 15:27, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm not sure if we've ever really had one. Saturday will be two days shy of forty years since the last time we beat a top flight team in any cup tie.

I'm 47 and probably the best I can offer are stuffy draws at Boghead against Hibs and Motherwell to take them to replays.