Backbone one

steelmen

Anyone got one of these? backbone

turns your iphone into a switch that allows you to play xbox and playstation games.

I am struggling for something for the family to get me for xmas, this would be interesting if it does what it says on the tin.

i can't believe that you can play xbox and playstation games without buying a console.

Anyone got one of these? backbone
turns your iphone into a switch that allows you to play xbox and playstation games.
I am struggling for something for the family to get me for xmas, this would be interesting if it does what it says on the tin.
i can't believe that you can play xbox and playstation games without buying a console.
Not sure if it's just a badly worded post or not but this is essentially just a controller for your phone.
If you want to play Xbox games or that you will need the relevant subscription such as Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

It is really poorly worded. i get it is just a controller for the iphone and I know you need to buy the game pass but it just sounds strange the will allow you to play xbox games without forking out the money for an actual console.

just interested to see if anyone has played xbox/playstation games on their phone and what the quality was like.

It is really poorly worded. i get it is just a controller for the iphone and I know you need to buy the game pass but it just sounds strange the will allow you to play xbox games without forking out the money for an actual console.
just interested to see if anyone has played xbox/playstation games on their phone and what the quality was like.
Regarding Xbox it'll be the cloud streaming service that'll you'll be using so it'll come down to how fast your internet connection is. Due to lag you're going to be at a disadvantage if playing multiplayer fps and such like, however single player games appear to work very well. If there's a company that's going to make streaming games a reality then it's going to be Microsoft due to the huge resources it can throw at it.

Xbox are really pushing gamepass and are looking to incorporate the service into new tv's/tablets. There business model is that they don't really care what device you are using as long as you're subscribed to there ecosystem. They see huge untapped potential in countries that don't necessarily have a tradition of console use.

• 1 month later...

well i have had a good couple of hours on it and i am fairly impressed.

I have went from absolute sh!t at call of duty mobile to being the VIP constantly, it is so much easier to play than just using the phone screen.

I am holding back my xbox subscription just now as i wanted to play Madden via Stadia. its not on their version of game pass so i had to buy it, after discount it was £13. played a few games and its been a success. i have had a few laggy moments but it hasn't been too bad. i wouldn't fancy playing it off the home wifi on 4/5G. I have a free month with Stadia so i will give this a go and then try xbox.

there is a yearly fee for the backbone app (first year free with purchase) need to see what that gives me other than streaming to twich(?) which i am not that fussed about.