Celtic v Hearts

17 minutes ago, Chonky said:

Def offside for goal. These things happen though and just poor officiating. No conspiracy.

Kyogo needs telt that's not acceptable. Where is the Brown type character in that dressing room to sort him out?

Also, that Jota incident is nothing. Ref rightly stopped play as Jota had the ball when he injured himself. It really is pathetic if people think it should be play on. Even Di Canio knows not to play on in those situations.

1000000% disagree on the Jota injury.  There is clear guidance on when play should be stopped and pulling up in midfield with a tweaked hamstring is absolutely not a reason to stop the game.

He wasn't even on the ground.  Nonsense refereeing

Aye it was offside . Marginal but offside.  I think in real time it was more difficult to judge  as Kyogo was running through and not just standing in an offside position. 

There was a decision which was wrongly judged offside in the second half which could easily have led to a goal which shows the margins the linesmen see and judge their decisions. 

If Boyd had asked to see the real time play  again ,that might have stopped him behaving like a spoilt brat on the tv coverage. He really needs to give up punditry if he is going to keep bringing up his petty bigotted drivel every time he doesn't like a decision.  I honestly think Berra and  Petrov were embarrassed by the crap coming out of his mouth. 

I thought the game was quite exciting to watch . Celtic dominated the first half with some really quick attacking stuff and maybe should have been more than one up .   Hearts definitely made a game of it in the second half and I was just hoping beyond hope that John Souttar would bang in an equaliser then give it large to those green brigade morons who were chucking bottles at any hearts player taking a corner from their side. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

10 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

1000000% disagree on the Jota injury.  There is clear guidance on when play should be stopped and pulling up in midfield with a tweaked hamstring is absolutely not a reason to stop the game.

He wasn't even on the ground.  Nonsense refereeing

Ok, your right, the ref was technically wrong. I was meaning morally. If ref had played on, hearts players should have stopped/kicked it out then (maybe they would have anyway). Regardless, you can't go up and score against a team when you win possession when a player pulls up injured like that - even though it would have been funny to watch the meltdown from Celtic fans!

6 minutes ago, Chonky said:

Ok, your right, the ref was technically wrong. I was meaning morally. If ref had played on, hearts players should have stopped/kicked it out then (maybe they would have anyway). Regardless, you can't go up and score against a team when you win possession when a player pulls up injured like that - even though it would have been funny to watch the meltdown from Celtic fans!

Sure, let's encourage every single player that overruns a ball to go down injured and get the ball back.

You put the ball out if a player is clearly in distress or for a head injury.  Other than that get on with it and get the guy treatment when there's a natural break in the play

3 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Sure, let's encourage every single player that overruns a ball to go down injured and get the ball back.

You put the ball out if a player is clearly in distress or for a head injury.  Other than that get on with it and get the guy treatment when there's a natural break in the play

Even if Hearts had decided to put the ball out of play, convention would have dictated that Celtic return it. Instead they got to start an attack of their own in the middle of the pitch, unchallenged.

9 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Sweet. Let's agree to disagree. I think he was genuinely injured, and I don't think he had overrun it. I would not want my team to score like that.

But agree with your sentiment that we don't want to encourage players going down if they lose the ball.

6 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Even if Hearts had decided to put the ball out of play, convention would have dictated that Celtic return it. Instead they got to start an attack of their own in the middle of the pitch, unchallenged.

Never saw the match, but Celtic should have given the ball to hearts on the restart. It's a bit rubbish if they launched an attack from that situation.

21 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

You don’t put the ball out at all, if it’s a head injury then the ref stops it, if he doesn’t stop play then play on. 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

If Boyd had asked to see the real time play  again ,that might have stopped him behaving like a spoilt brat on the tv coverage. He really needs to give up punditry if he is going to keep bringing up his petty bigotted drivel every time he doesn't like a decision.  

I'm not disputing the merits of Boyd behaving like a spoilt brat, but in what way can his comments be seen to be bigoted?

Thought the goal was onside in real time as I'm in line with it in North stand. Having seen replays, probably just off although impossible to say with any certainty.

We deserved the victory although should have been more comfortable given the chances we had.

And finally Bobby Madden is a terrible ref and the idiots throwing stuff at McKay need banned.

It was great to see the stewards wading in amongst the Green Brigade last night to pull out the bottle throwing morons .

Oh wait , my bad , that usually only happens at Parkhead and Ibrox when an away supporter farts too loudly.
It’s high time the authorities grew a pair and started deducting clubs points for such behaviour from supporters, regardless of how “ small “ the minority is 

Just now, Unleash The Nade said:

It was great to see the stewards wading in amongst the Green Brigade last night to pull out the bottle throwing morons .

Oh wait , my bad , that usually only happens at Parkhead and Ibrox when an away supporter farts too loudly.
It’s high time the authorities grew a pair and started deducting clubs points for such behaviour from supporters, regardless of how “ small “ the minority is 

As much as it would be a deterrent, I don't think strict liability is a route we should go down. I think it would create too many issues.

48 minutes ago, Chonky said:

Sweet. Let's agree to disagree. I think he was genuinely injured, and I don't think he had overrun it. I would not want my team to score like that.

But agree with your sentiment that we don't want to encourage players going down if they lose the ball.

100% he was injured, not arguing that at all.  But players get hurt all the time and the play goes on.  The ref's job is to decide if he needs immediate treatment or is in danger.  Which he didn’t and wasn't