Celtic v Hearts

2 minutes ago, Kima Greggs said:

Sky's already pathetic coverage of Scottish football is made even worse by the incessant presence of Kris Boyd, whose entire job remit at the station appears to be 'that one really annoying Rangers fan at your work'. 

It's no coincidence that the season Kris Boyd has started to appear on Soccer Saturday is the one Jeff Stelling has decided to call it a day.

And yet he's the only one calling it correctly tonight. 

In a panel that includes Christophe Berra.

17 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

The ones that threw missiles are scumbags. 

Stonewall penalty and poor decision from a badly situated assistant whose view was blocked. Happens all the time and always will til we get VAR. 

What was blocking the assistant referee’s view? The ball?

8 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Tbh I think there's merit in that approach with Celtic because of how much running they do.  And we had brilliant chances to take something, so I wouldn't be overly critical of tonight's tactics.

Not really a criticism of the tactics as such, just frustrating that we've found ourselves chasing the game in the second half each time. I can accept being second best, but we were poor on the ball in the first half.

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No wind up here.

Pretty sure the former Hearts captain Berra just echoed my thoughts on the goal. Without VAR you cannot prove that’s offside

Forget VAR for that decision tonight, the stills shown clearly have the goal as offside.  Why do fans of Fran & Anna consistently defend their respective teams against what is, to the majority/all, clear decisions ??

Answers to the SPFL Referees' convenor.

8 minutes ago, Kima Greggs said:

Sky's already pathetic coverage of Scottish football is made even worse by the incessant presence of Kris Boyd, whose entire job remit at the station appears to be 'that one really annoying Rangers fan at your work'. 

It's no coincidence that the season Kris Boyd has started to appear on Soccer Saturday is the one Jeff Stelling has decided to call it a day.

The narrative on Sky was that you can't tell if it was offside without VAR, the wagons are being circled. Fair play to a bemused Boyd for actually saying that it was offside. 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Feel free to prove it then.

Give me a side on view showing Kyogo clearly ahead of the ball and I’ll eat my words. 

It is possible that Celtic just got away with one, you know. It does happen.

16 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Tbh I'm far more annoyed with Madden stopping play when we had the ball in a great position cause Jota had a fecking hamstring injury than with the goal, offside though it clearly was.  Then giving Celtic the ball back

I was fucking fizzing at this. You can claim the offside goal was an honest mistake but that was just an objectively outrageous call by a shitebag referee.

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No wind up here.

Pretty sure the former Hearts captain Berra just echoed my thoughts on the goal. Without VAR you cannot prove that’s offside

Alternatively "Celtic fan who recently left Hearts acrimoniously" Christophe Berra.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

That’s the 3rd view of this produced on this thread? And it’s the 3rd time the line has been drawn in a different place 😂

VAR please or the linesman’s view and I’ll concede the point

hahahaha