Celtic v Hearts

39 minutes ago, bennett said:

Hearts fans have always been angelic at Tynecastle. 

Mind that time the boy scuddied Neil Lennon in front of 15,000 people and the SKY cameras and was found not guilty.... that was a belter to be fair 

40 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Mind that time the boy scuddied Neil Lennon in front of 15,000 people and the SKY cameras and was found not guilty.... that was a belter to be fair 

Wasn't he found not guilty of the religious prejudice part of the charges brought against him because he was a practicing catholic?

34 minutes ago, bennett said:

Wasn't he found not guilty of the religious prejudice part of the charges brought against him because he was a practicing catholic?

Can't remember truth be told, just remember he was found guilty of one charge and not guilty of the other and released based on time served awaiting trial. 

2 hours ago, bennett said:

I think they went all out for the sectarian angle instead of assault as it carried a harsher sentence but couldn't prove it, so it was thrown out. I'd be massively surprised if he's a practising Catholic, think he enjoyed the party tunes in section N. 

I think they went all out for the sectarian angle instead of assault as it carried a harsher sentence but couldn't prove it, so it was thrown out. I'd be massively surprised if he's a practising Catholic, think he enjoyed the party tunes in section N. 

They went for the sectarian angle because he’d already admitted the assault

He walked free because he’d been held for 100 days before going to trial so he’d already done his time

19 hours ago, bennett said:

He obviously wasn't practicing hard enough...

34 minutes ago, Girth said:

He obviously wasn't practicing hard enough...

I'm pretty sure he wasn't actually RC but his partner was and they'd had their daughter baptised RC. Which would have represented an obstacle in the way of trying to portray him as a bigot with a deep seated hatred of Roman Catholics in general.

30 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Aye, someone called me a c**t the other day - it's true, so not libelous, but I'll be getting on to my personal solicitor anyway. 

Make sure it’s your personal one, that makes all the difference in these matters.