Celtic v Hearts

Don't mind Halliday being on the bench for now, but he shouldn't be starting - at no point have I watched him and thought 'there's a player' - he won't get a new contract in the summer.

It should be between Haring and McAneff - I've heard McAneff compared with Roy Keane in the past - I don't see the comparison - what is the similarity meant to be? 

27 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Don't mind Halliday being on the bench for now, but he shouldn't be starting - at no point have I watched him and thought 'there's a player' - he won't get a new contract in the summer.

It should be between Haring and McAneff - I've heard McAneff compared with Roy Keane in the past - I don't see the comparison - what is the similarity meant to be? 

They are both Irish. 

Comparison ends.

I’m not expecting much from tonight, with Beni being out. Since we beat them at the start of the season, they have strengthened by adding Ajeti and Kyogo. The cup game it was very apparent that Smith wasn’t up to handling Kyogo. Neilson will play him though, and he will probably spend his entire time camped in his own half. If you play with wingbacks in a 343, you absolutely need to have them up the pitch and helping the two sitting midfielders. Moore and Cochrane do this very well, but Smith just doesn’t have it to do this against a fast attacking player like Kyogo. I am praying that Beni is actually fit, and that we play Moore and Cochrane as the wingbacks. I’d also be starting Ginnelly as the striker again, like we did v United. Boyce can come off the bench and try and nick one v tired legs.

Don't even mention Andy fucking Halliday.

Edited by Kyle Reese

1 minute ago, Lofarl said:

Think the bookies think hearts whole team and even their subs will have more chance of a booking than any Celtic player.  Andy Halliday at 3.0 is close to buying money.

F01488DE-0B88-4EC0-92F3-E14F62EF6055.png

6BB6EFC8-165E-462A-B52A-DD278E3A90D1.png

Only if Neilson is stupid enough to persist with shoehorning the huddy in at every opportunity.

45 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

I’m not expecting much from tonight, with Beni being out. Since we beat them at the start of the season, they have strengthened by adding Ajeti and Kyogo. The cup game it was very apparent that Smith wasn’t up to handling Kyogo. Neilson will play him though, and he will probably spend his entire time camped in his own half. If you play with wingbacks in a 343, you absolutely need to have them up the pitch and helping the two sitting midfielders. Moore and Cochrane do this very well, but Smith just doesn’t have it to do this against a fast attacking player like Kyogo. I am praying that Beni is actually fit, and that we play Moore and Cochrane as the wingbacks. I’d also be starting Ginnelly as the striker again, like we did v United. Boyce can come off the bench and try and nick one v tired legs.

Don't even mention Andy fucking Halliday.

Why would you drop Boyce for Ginnelly? Boyce was excellent on Saturday and showed exactly what we miss without him. Ginnelly was excellent against United, but he was abysmal against Motherwell. If he plays, it's not through the middle for me.

15 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Why would you drop Boyce for Ginnelly? Boyce was excellent on Saturday and showed exactly what we miss without him. Ginnelly was excellent against United, but he was abysmal against Motherwell. If he plays, it's not through the middle for me.

I’d drop Boyce for Ginnelly, because Celtic will be pushing us back in to our own half for the majority of the game, and Boyce won’t have the pace to break against them. Boyce likes to come deep and then try and bring the ball forward. He will not be able to do that when we are camped on our 18 yard box. Ginnelly and McKay have the pace to get us back up the pitch and properly hit on the break.

Boyce can come in later on when his chronic lack of pace won’t be as big an issue. You say that Boyce was excellent v St Mirren. I agree he played well. St Mirren at home is a totally different game to Celtic away though. United at home was a far better performance than St Mirren at home. I think that particular set up would be better though, because it gives us the ability to hit on the break.

56 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

I’d drop Boyce for Ginnelly, because Celtic will be pushing us back in to our own half for the majority of the game, and Boyce won’t have the pace to break against them. Boyce likes to come deep and then try and bring the ball forward. He will not be able to do that when we are camped on our 18 yard box. Ginnelly and McKay have the pace to get us back up the pitch and properly hit on the break.

Boyce can come in later on when his chronic lack of pace won’t be as big an issue. You say that Boyce was excellent v St Mirren. I agree he played well. St Mirren at home is a totally different game to Celtic away though. United at home was a far better performance than St Mirren at home. I think that particular set up would be better though, because it gives us the ability to hit on the break.

Have to agree to disagree. We will need someone the ball can stick to to bring our wider players into the game, if it's Ginnelly and McKay and our plan is to get in behind, it'll more often than not result in the ball coming straight back onto us inviting pressure.

41 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Have to agree to disagree. We will need someone the ball can stick to to bring our wider players into the game, if it's Ginnelly and McKay and our plan is to get in behind, it'll more often than not result in the ball coming straight back onto us inviting pressure.

Every chance you are correct, and I’m wrong, Jambo. 👍

If we set up your way and win, I’ll be delighted. 

HHGH