Celtic v Hearts

11 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

maybe to you parkheid to me

Been to both. Rancid place. If I was a Celtic supporter (🤮) I’d still call it Parkhead too. I’m trying to imagine someone renaming Tynecastle Park: ‘Hearts Park’. I’d not be having that. It’s Celtic though, so I’m happy for them to have an ever shitter generic name for their stadium than that which they had already. 

Edited by Kyle Reese

7 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Been to both. Rancid place. If I was a Celtic supporter (🤮) I’d still call it Parkhead too. I’m trying to imagine someone renaming Tynecastle Park: ‘Hearts Park’. I’d not be having that. It’s Celtic though, so I’m happy for them to have an ever shitter generic name for their stadium than that which they had already. 

It was officially "Tynecastle Stadium" for a few years till the Ann Budge regime swapped the name back. I reckon everybody except Budge's most bloody minded critics will be on board with that.

There was a "Hibernian Park" before 1888 back in the days of the OldCo Hibs. It was on what's now Bothwell Street just on the other side of the legendary "bridge of doom"

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It was officially "Tynecastle Stadium" for a few years till the Ann Budge regime swapped the name back. I reckon everybody except Budge's most bloody minded critics will be on board with that.

There was a "Hibernian Park" before 1888 back in the days of the OldCo Hibs. It was on what's now Bothwell Street just on the other side of the legendary "bridge of doom"

Yes. For a while after Hibernian started playing at Easter Road, the press still referred to their home ground as Hibernian Park. 

Point is though, Hearts Park would sound shit and most of us wouldn’t be onboard with it. As it’s Celtic we are talking about though, then I’m delighted to use the even more beige and generic sounding Celtic Park name. 

Edited by Kyle Reese

1 minute ago, Kyle Reese said:

Yes. For a while after Hibernian started playing at Easter Road, the press still referred to their home ground as Hibernian Park. 

Point is though, Hearts Park would sound shit and most of us oils t be onboard with it. As it’s Celtic we are talking about though, then I’m delighted to use the even more beige and generic sounding Celtic Park name. 

To be honest we've all got to be a little jealous of "Tannadice" for it's sheer poetry and just grateful that we're not in something like the Indodrill stadium or the  global energy arena or 

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

Always will be parkhead for my generation. Not sure what the younger c***s call it. 

Edited by Drew Brees

Cochrane in for Halliday is the only change I'd make assuming Beni is fit to start.  GMS was anonymous for most of Saturday's game, but he's been struggling for a run and confidence, so would feel harsh to drop him after scoring a good goal. He really needs to produce more often though.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Cochrane in for Halliday is the only change I'd make assuming Beni is fit to start.  GMS was anonymous for most of Saturday's game, but he's been struggling for a run and confidence, so would feel harsh to drop him after scoring a good goal. He really needs to produce more often though.

GMS was in the paper today, saying he’s been carrying an injury.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

To be honest we've all got to be a little jealous of "Tannadice" for it's sheer poetry and just grateful that we're not in something like the Indodrill stadium or the  global energy arena or 

At least “Indodrill” sounds like some kind of exotic animal. “Global Energy Arena” sounds like a huge American stadium with towering skyscrapers on its periphery. Then you see the place. Brechin City levels of glib misnomerishness. 

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Beni is out. Big blow that, hopefully Haring or McEneff come in and it's not Halliday.

Has to be Haring. He’s always been one of our better players v Celtic. Where did you read about Beni?