Hibs v Rangers Wednesday 1st December

13 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

It took until the 3rd camera angle before I believed it was a legit penalty, but indeed it was (though I will say the angle that concluded this for me was the opposite side from where Beaton saw it). Pretty much was written in the stars for Porteous to do something like that tonight.

It's like the pen same Brother Beaton gave them vs Aberdeen, took about three angles to say okay it's a pen. You just know if Boyle/Hedges is clipped at their end he doesn't give it, that's why he's a cheat.  

4 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

It's like the pen same Brother Beaton gave them vs Aberdeen, took about three angles to say okay it's a pen. You just know if Boyle/Hedges is clipped at their end he doesn't give it, that's why he's a cheat.  

Still don't think the one against us was a pen.

1 hour ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Any contact imagined or otherwise is a pen for them. That's why they got 4 in one game. Anyway, Kent was going down before Porteous flicked out. 

Yes, after seeing it on the 3rd camera, Kunt was on the way before any contact. Also, heard the whistle blow before Kunt dived.

PENALTY RANGERS

Better defensively apart from Goldson constantly giving Hibs the ball. Had a few decent chances but not clinical or decisive enough. Some very sloppy possession at times.

Clear penalty for me. Anyone who thinks Beaton favours Rangers should watch the last Livingston v Rangers game last season where Gerrard got sent off at halftime.  I don't think the refs are biased in Scotland, they're just really bad. 

Porteous going down like he'd been shot anytime Morelos touched him is embarrassing. Always got a rash tackle in him as well. if he cut that stuff out and screwed the nut he would be a top player as he had a good game otherwise. Strange how a seemingly smart guy like Jack Ross hasn't got a grip of him by now.

Overall an even game and lucky to pinch it. Still lots to improve on for Gio but 3 wins from 3 tough fixtures , couldn't ask for a better start. 

10 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Even taking away the dead club stuff, its just a bizarre fact they keep talking about. They are the only club in world football that actually keep count. Same with the 55/56 chat.

Really bizarre that Rangers of all clubs are really keen on keeping track of the numbers.

Well I mean that's just not true is it? Juventus for example argue over the championships removed from them during the scandals. I'm sure if you ask any fan of any club they will know how many championships they've won and be proud of it.

9 hours ago, Judy Murray said:

Welcome to my talk on how porteous attempts at winding up rangers fans were both inaccurate and ineffective. There will be an intermission three hours in. 

No idea why he's such a hero to Hibs fans. He's genuinely terrible. Even our goal at Hampden was due to a Porteous mistake.

Any thoughts from the television watching Rangers supporters on here about the stream of bigoted and sectarian songs from your fans last night?

It started immediately on the first whistle and only tailed off midway thru the second half.

While it is clear as day in the stadium, I wonder if Sky are still muting the away end mics when the entire away end is singing The Sash and other ditties about stuff that goes on in Northern Ireland?

So people agree it was a penalty, but because they didn’t agree it was a penalty until they saw it from a certain TV angle, that means Beaton cheated because he gave the penalty from all of 5 yards away? Come on to f**k 😂

On the subject of the sectarian singing, it’s sadly predictable and they continue to give our support a bad name. Particularly idiotic given the fact that our board talked at our AGM only the day before about the need to protect the image of Rangers motivating their decision to ban the supporters that were identified singing TFS.

8 hours ago, AB1872 said:

He only spoke to Porteous for his second act of simulation. That had to be a Yellow!

Newell , a player I rate highly, committed numerous fouls yet wasn’t booked

Ive never seen a player react as McGinn did at the penalty and not be booked. He was booked shortly after

Rightly or wrongly most players are booked for penalties like that

Cheating Beaton , so named after his horrific performance in the 3-2 Hibs win at Ibrox a few years back, is not my favourite by any stretch but I thought he let a lot go tonight , for both teams, which is fair enough 

I’d be more worried about a daft young centre back who repeatedly sells the jerseys and a manager that defends the indefensible. It does you no favours 

Idiotic drivel.

41 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

Well I mean that's just not true is it? Juventus for example argue over the championships removed from them during the scandals. I'm sure if you ask any fan of any club they will know how many championships they've won and be proud of it.

Juventus didn't get liquidated . They  DID get demoted ........Rangers were liquidated . They DIDN'T get demoted . They had to apply to enter the league as a new club with a different name. 

Just caught the sportscene highlights. McCann got it spot on. Porteous was really unlucky as he caught Kent as he was trying to pull away. 100% a pen. 

I hate to say it, but credit to Beaten. He was in the right position , took his time and got it spot on. (I need to go wash my mouth out now).

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

So people agree it was a penalty, but because they didn’t agree it was a penalty until they saw it from a certain TV angle, that means Beaton cheated because he gave the penalty from all of 5 yards away? Come on to f**k 😂

On the subject of the sectarian singing, it’s sadly predictable and they continue to give our support a bad name. Particularly idiotic given the fact that our board talked at our AGM only the day before about the need to protect the image of Rangers motivating their decision to ban the supporters that were identified singing TFS.

That’s diddy logic mate, unbelievable.

I watched it  last night and could see it was a pen on the 1st replay, porteous was having a great game but what a liability that guy is, how many points has he handed rangers this season now, 5? 

31 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

No they didn't.

Our club members  had an egm to discuss and decide how our club wanted to vote on that matter. I presume most clubs did the same. 

Or did you mean Juventus weren't demoted ?  I was sure they were but perhaps I was mistaken.

Edited by theoriginalhedge

16 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

That’s diddy logic mate, unbelievable.

I watched it  last night and could see it was a pen on the 1st replay, porteous was having a great game but what a liability that guy is, how many points has he handed rangers this season now, 5? 

It is indeed.

With Porteous, not only is it this season, but plenty times over the years now he just seems to be drawn into a complete heads-gone moment against us. I don’t know if it is pressure or he loses focus against us or what, but long may it continue.