Hibs v Rangers Wednesday 1st December

5 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Oh, and this might sound like sour grapes (not about the pen, he got that right) but Beaton made a number of baffling decisions all evening, and all appeared to be to the benefit of one side.

Funny old game, eh?

Newell left the pitch without a yellow, think he’s just shit, not biased

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

It was equally very funny that Porteous used a quote to mock a manager that was no longer managing us, was at a job in the premier league and who had never been beaten in 12 games vs Hibs. Very good patter indeed.

Yes it was very funny, repeating that precise managers words approximately 20 minutes before he went somewhere else. Good to see it didn't upset you in the slightest though!

Porteous’s patter was funny post-cup semi, no doubt about it.

Would be a waste of potential if all he has to show for his career when he hangs them up is winding up some Rangers fans though. 

He has good physical attributes, but he hasn’t changed as a player for years now. Just doesn’t seem to have the mental ability to kick on, for whatever reason.

3 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Yes it was very funny, repeating that precise managers words approximately 20 minutes before he went somewhere else. Good to see it didn't upset you in the slightest though!

They are both pretty rubbish pieces of patter designed at winding up the opposition fans. In each case, it seems to have worked to a degree.

Just now, mike strutter said:

Penalty ? .... another honest mistake eh

Although it was soft, I would have wanted it - which is exactly what Jack Ross said.

There were plenty of other Beaton decisions this evening which were questionable, but - soft though it was - that penalty was fair.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

“I would be claiming for it and wanting it if it was in the opposite box but that doesn’t mean to say I think it is a penalty”

Oh, Jack.

How about the entire quote dangleberry?

"I think [the penalty] is one I would want in the opposition box. But that doesn't mean it's a penalty. At the time I had no idea; now I've watched it back and Ryan [Porteous] pulls his foot away. There's minimal contact.

"It's a 50/50, sometimes they're given, sometimes they're not and we would argue the case for it not to be given, naturally. I don't think we deserved that or Ryan deserved that from his performance as well."

I listened to the interview in the car, and he was laughing when he said the bit about wanting it in the opposition box (as every manager would).

Edited by Leith Green

53 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

Is there a Fucking league in the WORLD  where a club gets so much penalties ? 

Just be grateful that we haven't signed Jack Grealish... Isn't he supposed to be the most fouled player in Europe? 

Probably best for Scottish football that we can't afford him! 😂

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

What's wrong with that?

Because he admitted that he’d want it if it was for his own team but then goes on to say he doesn’t think it is a penalty. The very definition of a contradiction.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Because he admitted that he’d want it if it was for his own team but then goes on to say he doesn’t think it is a penalty. The very definition of a contradiction football manager.

ftfy honey

8 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

How about the entire quote dangleberry?

"I think [the penalty] is one I would want in the opposition box. But that doesn't mean it's a penalty. At the time I had no idea; now I've watched it back and Ryan [Porteous] pulls his foot away. There's minimal contact.

"It's a 50/50, sometimes they're given, sometimes they're not and we would argue the case for it not to be given, naturally. I don't think we deserved that or Ryan deserved that from his performance as well."

I listened to the interview in the car, and he was laughing when he said the bit about wanting it in the opposition box (as every manager would).

If you don’t think it’s contradictory to say you’d claim for and want a penalty for an offence that you don’t think is a foul, then we will probably need to agree to disagree.

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

ftfy honey

I don’t disagree with that, football managers will always be biased in favour of their own team and make contradictory remarks. It isn’t the first and it won’t be the last time it happens.

Let’s not also forget the fact that it was a penalty. He can dress it up as 50/50 but he isn’t convincing anyone.

Edited by AJF

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

If you don’t think it’s contradictory to say you’d claim for and want a penalty for an offence that you don’t think is a foul, then we will probably need to agree to disagree.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don’t disagree with that, football managers will always be biased in favour of their own team and make contradictory remarks. It isn’t the first and it won’t be the last time it happens.

See, we dont need to agree to disagree 

James Franco Flirt GIF

Edited by Leith Green