Scottish Cup 4th Round 21/22 - who're you wanting?

2 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Seemingly if we got a reply against Hearts in 2012 it might have been at Rugby Park

That's slightly different. There was a special provision in the rules about qualifiers and their grounds from R4 onward. It appears to have been removed.

Just now, glasgow-sheep said:

We must be due a non-league side. We've gone longer than any other league side since we last played one, Elgin decades ago I think.
We'll get one of the Saints or Motherwell away.

Morgyn Neill has played against Aberdeen in four out of the last five seasons. You'll therefore get Cove once they get by QOS (which obviously has to happen for this run to continue).

I'm actually convinced that's the main reason Cove signed him; purely for an Aberdeen derby.

41 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

If you have an Arbroath  season ticket just show it at gate and you'll get in for a fiver. 👍

That sounds like a trick to me...probably get a doing. 😆

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Morgyn Neill has played against Aberdeen in four out of the last five seasons. You'll therefore get Cove once they get by QOS (which obviously has to happen for this run to continue).

I'm actually convinced that's the main reason Cove signed him; purely for an Aberdeen derby.

Having just consulted the fixture list, I reckon we're going to get Cove since we play them the week after the fourth round and it's been a few years since we had a cup/league double header so we're due one. They can always get Aberdeen in the following round. 

1 minute ago, microdave said:

Having just consulted the fixture list, I reckon we're going to get Cove since we play them the week after the fourth round and it's been a few years since we had a cup/league double header so we're due one. They can always get Aberdeen in the following round. 

I forgot about our habit of playing the same teams twice in a row. It does seem a while since we last did that. 

We've actually had a few half decent cup draws in recent seasons; Huntly, Sauchie, Bonnyrigg all being interesting breaks from the norm. And then the couple of big ties with Aberdeen. We're definitely due another bore tie with a League One team.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The point of adding floodlights to licencing was to ensure clubs could play midweek instead of taking up another Saturday for replays. Which means licencing is all about being able to host Scottish Cup games.

Speaking of replays, is the scrapping of them from the 4th Round onwards a temporary measure this season, or a permanent change? With the exception of neutral semi-finals/finals, if replays aren't used in one round then they shouldn't be used in any of them: chopping and changing the rules at the 'big round stage' is piss-poor IMO. 

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

Speaking of replays, is the scrapping of them from the 4th Round onwards a temporary measure this season, or a permanent change? With the exception of neutral semi-finals/finals, if replays aren't used in one round then they shouldn't be used in any of them: chopping and changing the rules at the 'big round stage' is piss-poor IMO. 

I haven't a clue. Just know that small clubs want to keep them for obvious reasons, and the bigger clubs want rid to curb fixture congestion. So what's been put in place is a compromise.

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I haven't a clue. Just know that small clubs want to keep them for obvious reasons, and the bigger clubs want rid to curb fixture congestion. So what's been put in place is a compromise.

Ach, I agree with @virginton that there should be a consistent approach to replays, particularly as it'd benefit smaller clubs financially if they could win a replay in the fourth round onwards, too. However, imagine the Old Firm were playing in Europe still! They'd maybe start fielding weakened sides. The FA Cup is now a joke competition as a result of that.  

I suppose I can see the justification for it.

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The point of adding floodlights to licencing was to ensure clubs could play midweek instead of taking up another Saturday for replays. Which means licencing is all about being able to host Scottish Cup games.

The only reason a game should be moved is if the Police step in.

The police should have SFA about it. I remember them cancelling a match at East End Park because the pavements outside the ground were icy... police state.

Rgarding the draw, the weakest side at home, but as per normal it will be something like Livi, County or ICT away

Edited by Raith_Raver