Will Smith bankrupt

Not sure sides need to be taken here. 

Rock hasn’t meant it maliciously but he’s made a poor error of judgement. Making a joke about someone’s appearance due to an illness is just not funny. It’s a stones throw away from laughing at a bald cancer patient. 

Smith has lost it in the moment and crossed a line himself. It happens and he’s made an arse of himself imo. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s more to it behind the scenes we’re not aware of. 

Rock hasn’t pressed charges and smith has seemingly moved on. Hopefully by tomorrow the media will have calmed down about it all too. 

55 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Smiths always get a pass for being Scientologists that Cruise and Travolta don't get but they are obviously grade A freaks. 

It's the classic case of folk not being able to distinguish between the Will Smith character from Fresh Prince (good guy) and Will Smith the actual person (weirdo).

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Rock hasn’t meant it maliciously but he’s made a poor error of judgement. Making a joke about someone’s appearance due to an illness is just not funny. It’s a stones throw away from laughing at a bald cancer patient. 

Smith has lost it in the moment and crossed a line himself. It happens and he’s made an arse of himself imo. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s more to it behind the scenes we’re not aware of. 

Rock hasn’t pressed charges and smith has seemingly moved on. Hopefully by tomorrow the media will have calmed down about it all too. 

Seems a reasonable summary.

That said, it would have been amusing if they'd Lalalanded the best actor award and called Will Smith up then revealed some other bloke had won.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

There are cultural issues that make any mention of black American women's hair iffy. 

Smith clearly over-reacted, but it also clearly wasn't the time or place for Rock to make that comment, if ever there would be a right time for that.

Had Smith not reacted, folk would still be talking about Rock's comment.

Mental, though!

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Surely if there's history, that's another reason for not going there?

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is how I see it to be honest.

I just take exception to the rule that comedians should be allowed to say what they want. Stems more from what folk in my group chat were saying and @19QOS19got the brunt of it.

I'm not condoning assault on comedians. I don't see how they should be allowed to say what they want without the risk of someone giving them a crack.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

I just take exception to the rule that comedians should be allowed to say what they want. Stems more from what folk in my group chat were saying and @19QOS19got the brunt of it.

I'm not condoning assault on comedians. I don't see how they should be allowed to say what they want without the risk of someone giving them a crack.

I remember Jerry Sadowitz was once attacked on stage at a Canadian comedy festival for addressing the audience as 'moose fuckers' -  Sadowitz had said worse than that, surely, and he hadn't just insulted anyone's Mrs. 

I just take exception to the rule that comedians should be allowed to say what they want. Stems more from what folk in my group chat were saying and [mention=12169]19QOS19[/mention]got the brunt of it.
So you've shat the bed from the (sensible) folk in your group chat and taken your rage out on a stranger on the internet instead is what you're saying? [emoji57]

(That was a joke. I apologise if my joke has caused any offence).

I can’t imagine the shame in getting bitch slapped live on telly, to a global audience in the hundreds of millions, by a bloke who lets other men ride his wife. Will Smith is a big guy, but Chris Rock could have saved himself a bit of dignity by launching a full on assault and going out in a blaze of glory. 

32 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I've watched and enjoyed plenty stand up shows.

Can you explain why it's ok for comedians to profit from making a c**t of others with no repercussions, please?

I'm not sure this line works. Pretty much the entire rap industry was built on folk taking the c**t out of each other. 

Stevie Farrell also makes a c**t of his Dumbarton side on a weekly basis. 

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

So you've shat the bed from the (sensible) folk in your group chat and taken your rage out on a stranger on the internet instead is what you're saying? emoji57.png

(That was a joke. I apologise if my joke has caused any offence).

Well the guy I disagreed with posts the odd Roy Chubby Brown video so...

😉

Just now, The Moonster said:

I'm not sure this line works. Pretty much the entire rap industry was built on folk taking the c**t out of each other. 

Stevie Farrell also makes a c**t of his Dumbarton side on a weekly basis. 

Yeah. And then some of them started shooting each other.

21 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

No you didn't. You said something along the lines of "it's their job".

You've not explained why you think it's ok. 

Are you one of the guys who writes to ITV when Ant and Dec say "bum" on national tv?

18 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

That said, it would have been amusing if they'd Lalalanded the best actor award and called Will Smith up then revealed some other bloke had won.

Chris Rock for his performance in "selling the slap"

19 minutes ago, ConcernedReferee said:

Credit to Chris Rock, Will Smith is a large man and Chris wouldn't have known as he was pacing up to him that it would be an aggressive slap and not a full on haymaker punch, thought he took it quite well. 

He was lucky it was the only guy not banging her in the audience that got up.