Will Smith bankrupt

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

They have a point. If that had been a member of the public/crowd that walked up and slapped Rock in the face, he'd have been arrested before he could turn round. Why is it acceptable for Smith to do it without repercussions?

Hollywood doing what it likes as usual.

He didn't do it without repercussions. chris Rock chose not has press charges. This type of situation happens in every day life.

You can turn it around and say if that was a member of the public that made the remark about Will Smith's wife, he'd have been slapped before he'd finished his sentence. Why is it acceptable for a comedian to do it without repercussions?

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
It was a joke about her medical condition that has caused her to lose her hair.

If he was aware of that it's bad taste certainly.

Of course he was aware of it. Him and Will Smith don't get on due to previous comments he made about her.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If he was aware of that it's bad taste certainly.

Jada Smith has talked about it quite openly, and Chris Rock has joked about her in the past so I think its a stretch to say he wouldn't be aware. That said, it was a fucking joke and Will Smith needs to sit the f**k down. We really saying we can't make bald jokes any more? Or is it only bald people without medical conditions that are fair game?

He didn't do it without repercussions. chris Rock chose not has press charges. This type of situation happens in every day life.
You can turn it around and say if that was a member of the public that made the remark about Will Smith's wife, he'd have been slapped before he'd finished his sentence. Why is it acceptable for a comedian to do it without repercussions?

It's not my point. If a member of the audience did that he would have been huckled out the room before he could get off the stage. Smith wasn't so much as spoken to by security - one rule for Hollywood again, as I say.

It's acceptable for a comedian to make jokes because it's their job. That's their whole schtick. If Smith was so offended (offended after laughing that is) he could have shouted out to Rock like he did after the slap. To go right to physical assault was way over the line.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's not my point. If a member of the audience did that he would have been huckled out the room before he could get off the stage. Smith wasn't so much as spoken to by security - one rule for Hollywood again, as I say.

It's acceptable for a comedian to make jokes because it's their job. That's their whole schtick. If Smith was so offended (offended after laughing that is) he could have shouted out to Rock like he did after the slap. To go right to physical assault was way over the line.

😂

We'll leave it there.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:
emoji23.png
We'll leave it there.

Yes I think it best we do if you think physical assault is the same as a comedian making a joke.

Yeah that's exactly what I said, wasn't it?

I've asked why it's ok for Comedians to profit from taking the piss out of others with no repercussions. Why should it just be accepted?

Yeah that's exactly what I said, wasn't it?
I've asked why it's ok for Comedians to profit from taking the piss out of others with no repercussions. Why should it just be accepted?
Have you never watched a stand-up show? The whole point of comedy is to push boundaries and make people laugh. If the Oscars wants to be an all so serious affair then they really shouldn't be hiring a comedian to present it.

28 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Smiths always get a pass for being Scientologists that Cruise and Travolta don't get but they are obviously grade A freaks. 

The Scientology part of their lives take a back seat to other things. Partly, their son being a wee weirdo who his da tried to push as the next big thing in Hollywood when it was never, ever going to happen as when he lost the 'cute kid' factor he turned into a wooden charisma vacuum.

Mostly though, it takes a back seat to his mad wife deciding that she'd enjoy spending the last 6 or 7 years just fucking publicly emasculating the guy at every opportunity and leaving him looking like a sad wee puppy whilst putting on a smile and pretending to the world that he's OK with it because it's 'owning the realities of our current standings as people sharing a relationship' or some other wordy bollocks to say 'aye she fucks about on me and I will kid on I'm happy with it'.

And please, before anyone starts on the 'this is a perfectly acceptable form of a relationship that works for them....' route, you need the buy in of both partners to make it 100% work and anyone with a dozen functioning braincells can see his lack of buy in to it. If the shoes were on the other foot and he was talking about all the fucking about he did and said 'look you're free to do what you want as well, so we're cool' and leaving her nodding in agreement but utterly broken looking, people would rightly be calling him for everything under the sun.

She's a p***k and he's a daft p***k for putting up with it. If the altercation last night was 100% real (I have my doubts) then he's walked up there and been tipped over the edge by a pretty nondescript and forgettable joke when the woman he went up to defend has just ripped the arse out of him for years without any comeuppance for the emotional plight she's subjected the poor c**t to (and no, I don't mean a slap in the jaw or violence).

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Have you never watched a stand-up show? The whole point of comedy is to push boundaries and make people laugh. If the Oscars wants to be an all so serious affair then they really shouldn't be hiring a comedian to present it.

I've watched and enjoyed plenty stand up shows.

Can you explain why it's ok for comedians to profit from making a c**t of others with no repercussions, please?

Can you explain why it's ok for comedians to profit from making a c**t of others with no repercussions, please?

I've already answered your question.

51 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Smiths always get a pass for being Scientologists that Cruise and Travolta don't get but they are obviously grade A freaks. 

Maybe, but the Queen is Dead is one of the best albums ever produced. IMO.

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I've already answered your question.

No you didn't. You said something along the lines of "it's their job".

You've not explained why you think it's ok.