Will Smith bankrupt

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t think will smith needs more profile. He’s spent years building an image of being cool, calm and charming. 

I very much doubt that, on the night he’s picking up an Oscar for best actor, he’d engage in a cheap stunt for profile he really doesn’t need. 

Of course he doesn't need the profile, neither do, but to get that famous you have to be wired differently - I'm sure both of them will be delighted by the increased notoriety.

I guess he didn't know he was winning the award.

But if people watch it and thinks it genuine, fair enough, I suspect we will never know for sure. Everything about it screamed WWE fake to me.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

If it was staged there's no way Smith would have used the f-word live at the Oscars.

It's live TV though, plenty of worse things have happened, there will be repercussion for either of them or the network.

I see some comedians are upset that this could happen as it normalises assault for the every day man.
It's not like Will Smith paid to go to a comedy show, sat front row and Chris Rock took the piss out of his lugs.

They have a point. If that had been a member of the public/crowd that walked up and slapped Rock in the face, he'd have been arrested before he could turn round. Why is it acceptable for Smith to do it without repercussions?

Hollywood doing what it likes as usual.

11 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

He absolutely knew he was winning the award. He was one of the biggest locks of the whole night, there was precisely 0% chance that anyone other than Will Smith walked out of there last night with the Best Actor trophy.

Edited by MrWorldwideJr

8 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Unless I'm missing something and all Chris Rock * joked* about was looking forward to seeing Jada in a G.I Jane film, then I think Will needs to lighten up a bit.
He can be seen laughing at first but Jada face is like thunder, think the Mrs has had a word in his ear.

It was a joke about her medical condition that has caused her to lose her hair.

17 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Of course he doesn't need the profile, neither do, but to get that famous you have to be wired differently - I'm sure both of them will be delighted by the increased notoriety.

But if people watch it and thinks it genuine, fair enough, I suspect we will never know for sure. Everything about it screamed WWE fake to me.

It's live TV though, plenty of worse things have happened, there will be repercussion for either of them or the network.

Nah, doesn’t pass the smell test of being staged at all for me. 

I'm a bit conflicted. Bits of it looked fake as f**k, but other bits suggested it was genuine. 

I'm a firm believer in that everybody acting the c**t, at some point in their life needs telt, basically. I also can't be doing with the whole "roast" type of comedy. I get that some people like it, I just find it shit. Does that mean I think Smith should be assaulting someone on live telly? Not sure.

Get him backstage and absolutely panel him.

I must be out of touch but I thought Chris Rock deserved a slap there. 

Making a joke about someone’s medical condition. 

Unacceptable. There is certain things that are not fair game and that is one of them. 

For a professional comedian or twenty odd years not to understand this means the slap in the dish was coming. 

A room full of ridiculous celebrities with huge egos and crazy lifestyles all backslapping each other about how wonderful they all are.Any comedian worth his salt would have had plenty of material to work with. Instead he went with “let’s laugh at the bald lady” like a primary school class clown.