Will Smith bankrupt

2 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Fake news.

If it was a couple of pissed up teenagers you might believe it was real. He slagged ma bird.

It's Will and Jada Smith we're talking about, he probably did s......

Oh you said SLAGGED.....

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Yet more black on black crime. Did Tupac die for nothing?! 

Don't bring up Tupac FFS.

He's another one that Jada was trying to get to rawdog her. In fact he was the reason Will Smith knew his wife was a mad shagger in the first place. 

Edited by djchapsticks

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This is spot on tbh. 

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"

M. Tyson

This. Real life violence is really a lot more mundane and amateur than it looks on TV/film and nobody knows at all how they’ll react until it happens. Freezing or not knowing how to react is really common.

I wonder how many of those on social media who are aghast at this, are the type who'll say "tough shit" when somebody gets the sack because they've posted something online which they don't like.

If you forget the Hollywood aspect and take it down to civilian levels. if somebody has a problem with something I'd said I'd rather they dealt with it there and then, then it's done. Rather than getting all snide, grassing folk up to their jobs potentially ruining their lives, dragging it out - most folk would take the slap surely? 

As for the gag, subject matter is largely irrelevant for me as to whether something is funny. Doing taboo comedy well is a talent in any case.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Surely the occams razor test for the "fake" theory is just, what would be the point?

I mean honestly, the Oscars, Will Smith and Chris Rock all colluding to pull a stunt like that is nonsensical enough, but then you if you look beyond that, you need to explain WHY, and you can't.

It's the number one topic of conversation today and put some attention onto an Oscars that is losing relevance because so few people have seen the big contenders. 

Actors gonna act.

Just now, Detournement said:

It's the number one topic of conversation today and put some attention onto an Oscars that is losing relevance because so few people have seen the big contenders. 

Actors gonna act.

That is some WEAK sauce there brother

Things I've learned from this thread so far:

• The Smith family are Scientologists (and therefore scammers or batshit).
  • 57-year-old skinny geek Chris Rock was apparently so amazed at being KB'd by wealthy international sex symbol Rihanna, 34, that he's still bringing it up in public.
  • A couple of posters care so little about this tragic slapfight that they felt the need to compose missives for strangers about how little they care about the issue they don't care about.
  • H_B sees conspiracies in his sock drawer.

Excellent work, P&B. Carry on.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

That is some WEAK sauce there brother

Maybe but I don't think that suspecting that something on telly, at an awards show involving multi millionaire actors is staged is that far fetched. It's an industry where people often have fake marriages to hide their sexuality, a fake slap barely registers next to that. 

Will Smith is a Scientologist so he's capable of anything. 

2 or 3 people playing a prank at the Oscars doesn't amount to a conspiracy theory imo. Not sure if they're better off fessing up or pretending it was real now though, given the reaction. Perhaps we'll never know...

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Will Smith is a Scientologist so he's capable of anything. 

I'll give you this. How stupid an idea would something have to be before someone who believes in scientology thinks its stupid.......

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I'll give you this. How stupid an idea would something have to be before someone who believes in scientology thinks its stupid.......

Surely none of the folk with money actually believe in it.

Seems like a cross between the Masons and a pyramid scheme.

My favourite part of this thread is all the wee sweety wives who are for some reason not only interested in, but staggeringly well-informed about, the domestic arrangements of the Smith family.

This is the most preposterous nonsense. Up there with the Wagatha Christie stuff. Absolute fucking bollocks, yet here I am reading this. 😀

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

My favourite part of this thread is all the wee sweety wives who are for some reason not only interested in, but staggeringly well-informed about, the domestic arrangements of the Smith family.

This is the most preposterous nonsense. Up there with the Wagatha Christie stuff. Absolute fucking bollocks, yet here I am reading this. 😀

TBF they both went on a show where they admitted they have a "open" relationship with his wife pumping one of his sons friends. 

8 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Surely none of the folk with money actually believe in it.

Seems like a cross between the Masons and a pyramid scheme.

Will Smith funded a school for his kids and a load of 'civilian'to weans that was completely based on L Ron Hubbard's beliefs. He's a crackpot. 

The question of how much Cruise, Travolta etc actually believe  has been bugging me for years. Folk like Beck and Elizabeth Moss were born into it but it's hard to imagine succesful people being brainwashed. Stanley Kubrick's daughter Vivian is extremely intelligent and she ended up in it despite his best efforts. 

Edited by Detournement

This is distracting from the real issue, which is of course which is the better album; 'Big Willie Style' or 'Willenium'?

Both are cracking listens. Big Willie Style can boast absolutely bangers like 'Gettin Jiggy wit It', 'Men in Black', 'Chasing Forever', 'Just The Two of Us' and the clear standout, the exceptional 'Miami'.

However, Willenium throws out some belters too. 'So Fresh', 'Afro Angel', 'The Rain' and the phenomenal 'Wild Wild West' all feature, but the hugely underrated 'Will 2K' is an early smasher of a track on a fantastic album.

It really is very difficult to call.

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Will Smith funded a school for his kids and a load of 'civilian'to weans that was completely based on L Ron Hubbard's beliefs. He's a crackpot. 

The question of how much Cruise, Travolta etc actually believe  has been bugging me for years. Folk like Beck and Elizabeth Moss were born into it but it's hard to imagine succesful people being brainwashed. Stanley Kubrick's daughter Vivian is extremely intelligent and she ended up in it despite his best efforts. 

Isn't part of the issue the fact that large parts of Scientology are just counselling without the promise of privacy that you'd get from a proper counsellor?

Particularly if you're rich and famous, you have to stay in or they'll blackmail you with all the dirty secrets they've accumulated over the years. So not easy to tell who is genuinely devout and who stays in out of fear.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa