Will Smith bankrupt

Looking at it now, its a bad image to send out for the Academy if they do nothing. As much as I think its feck all myself, Its not a great look to say . Aye thats ok. 

Also if you resort to violence even just a slap then you should be prepared to face the consequences, even if its right to dish out a slap

Edited by BigDoddyKane

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

I mean why would Smith want to troll the media on the day that he could potentially win best actor? It would likely be the biggest rejuvenation his career has had in about 10-15 years but now that's probably been undone, less people are likely going to want to work with him if they thing he's a weirdo with anger issues or on the other hand an unstable weirdo that fucks up a live TV broadcast for "reasons". Someone like Denzil Washington isn't going to like being drawn into it and potentially made a fool of?

The mental acrobatics people are doing to make this out to be some weird conspiracy is whilst not surprising, pretty odd.

How did he f**k it up, the Oscars have never had more publicity? Nobody's going to refuse to work with him because of a harmless slap and the odd sweary word anyway, even if it wasn't staged. The hysteria is hitting Covid thread levels on here.

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

How did he f**k it up, the Oscars have never had more publicity? Nobody's going to refuse to work with him because of a harmless slap and the odd sweaty word anyway, even if it wasn't staged. The hysteria is hitting Covid thread levels on here.

Sounds pretty naive if you don't think other actors, producers, directors aren't going to be wary about working with someone who's shown himself to be prone to violence over very little or even worse has the potential to create publicity stunts on his own for his own benefit. Studios in particular would be wary about him creating another PR gaffe that could ruin their promotion of a  project or at the very least make him a more unpredictable actor to employ for another expensive movie etc.

Aye my initial thoughts were that it looked a bit staged but I don't care enough to be convinced either way. It probably wasn't fake but the idea that there isn't any motive to fake it is a bit disingenuous imo. The hype generated is enough of a possible motive. 

I don't get why Smith would agree to such a thing though. He's been bitching and moaning for years that he hasn't won an Oscar and on the night he actually wins one no one is talking about it.

I haven't read or heard any good reason as to why they would stage such a thing.

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

Sounds pretty naive if you don't think other actors, producers, directors aren't going to be wary about working with someone who's shown himself to be prone to violence over very little or even worse has the potential to create publicity stunts on his own for his own benefit. Studios in particular would be wary about him creating another PR gaffe that could ruin their promotion of a  project or at the very least make him a more unpredictable actor to employ for another expensive movie etc.

3_Jeremy-Clarksons-TV-comeback.jpg

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't get why Smith would agree to such a thing though. He's been bitching and moaning for years that he hasn't won an Oscar and on the night he actually wins one no one is talking about it.

I haven't read or heard any good reason as to why they would stage such a thing.

Money/publicity could be a factor. 

I'm really playing devils advocate here but is it so hard to believe after all thats been public regarding him and his family that something like this could be a set up? I mean anyone that publicly declares all their marital problems on some Oprah Winfrey type show doesn't strike me as the type of person that would be above such behaviour. 

If you wanna go truly down the nonsense rabbit hole then he clearly did it after the whole Tupac stuff and wants to correct his public image or he's so under the thumb he saw his partners reaction and felt he had to act. 

I'm disgusted that I've articulated so much about this subject right enough and I'm away for a lie down.

26 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

But regardless Rock made a pretty shite joke and Smith reacted like a complete weapon,

More like Rock made a shite joke, Will laughs along oblivious to Jada's reaction, something happens off camera and then acts like a complete weapon.

Money/publicity could be a factor. 
I'm really playing devils advocate here but is it so hard to believe after all thats been public regarding him and his family that something like this could be a set up? I mean anyone that publicly declares all their marital problems on some Oprah Winfrey type show doesn't strike me as the type of person that would be above such behaviour. 
If you wanna go truly down the nonsense rabbit hole then he clearly did it after the whole Tupac stuff and wants to correct his public image or he's so under the thumb he saw his partners reaction and felt he had to act. 
I'm disgusted that I've articulated so much about this subject right enough and I'm away for a lie down.

It's still a nah from me tbh. They're multi-millionaires so I'm not sure that would factor in to it. Smith would have had enough publicity after winning one of the biggest awards in the industry. All this has done is take the shine off it IMO.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's still a nah from me tbh. They're multi-millionaires so I'm not sure that would factor in to it. Smith would have had enough publicity after winning one of the biggest awards in the industry. All this has done is take the shine off it IMO.

Multi-millionaires are the greediest b*****ds about tbf. 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It’s terrible publicity anyway. Given the best picture winner was a great story for disabled/deaf communities, he’d have to be a complete and utter c**t to stage such a thing for no material gain and overshadow that on purpose. 

I'm sure one of the world's most famous actors, on the cusp of winning an Oscar, needed to stage a slap on someone so he could get some publicity.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm enjoying the amount of testosterone this has unleashed. Men all over the shop acting as if the moment you're unexpectedly hit you instantly start fighting back. From the few times ive seen it happen to others, and when its happened to me, it takes a moment to process whats actually happened before you react.

The fact you're hosting the Oscars and there's millions of people watching probably added to the shock Rock will have suffered in the aftermath.

Even when you're expecting a hit you also automatically move out the way a few times first, you don't just stand there. Natural instinct hits in when you're expecting it.

This is spot on tbh. 

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"

M. Tyson