Will Smith bankrupt

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I don't get it when people bring wealth in to things like this. This scene could have played out in any comedy club in the country. Just because someone is millionaire doesn't mean anything here - well, except for the fact that the people involved and the venue make it news. 

It's like when well paid footballers play poorly and fans say stuff like "Why isn't he motivated? He gets paid loads!" ignoring basic human psychology.

This represents a pretty worrying example for comedy crowds. You'll hear worse roasts than that at The Stand on a Saturday.

8 minutes ago, Andre Bo said:

This represents a pretty worrying example for comedy crowds. You'll hear worse roasts than that at The Stand on a Saturday.

I’d be very surprised if a comedian at the stand went to pick on someone in the crowd to make fun of their alopecia to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’d be very surprised if a comedian at the stand went to pick on someone in the crowd to make fun of their alopecia to be honest. 

They wouldn't know about it. 

GI Jane is a film about a strong female role model. It wasn't exactly a straight insult.

5 minutes ago, Andre Bo said:

They wouldn't know about it. 

GI Jane is a film about a strong female role model. It wasn't exactly a straight insult.

Well that’s the key point isn’t it. If they knowingly made fun of someone for it then it wouldn’t be very funny. 

Maybe rock didn’t know but it seems like it’s fairly common knowledge. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Well that’s the key point isn’t it. If they knowingly made fun of someone for it then it wouldn’t be very funny. 

Maybe rock didn’t know but it seems like it’s fairly common knowledge. 

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I honestly thought the joke about her hair was uncalled for.

It should have been handled backstage though. 

I genuinely think Will Smith didn’t get the joke at first, was just laughing out of politeness 

That's how I saw it.

4 hours ago, Merkie84 said:

I must be out of touch but I thought Chris Rock deserved a slap there. 

Making a joke about someone’s medical condition. 

Unacceptable. There is certain things that are not fair game and that is one of them. 

For a professional comedian or twenty odd years not to understand this means the slap in the dish was coming. 

A room full of ridiculous celebrities with huge egos and crazy lifestyles all backslapping each other about how wonderful they all are.Any comedian worth his salt would have had plenty of material to work with. Instead he went with “let’s laugh at the bald lady” like a primary school class clown. 

Currently working my way through the thread and have happened upon this belter. Who decides what is crossing the line in comedy? There are far, far, far more distasteful jokes that have been said than this yet no-one thinks it's appropriate to physically assault someone for it. Why have Trey Parker and Matt Stone not been smashed for the special Olympics or countless other episodes that are 'close to the bone'ffs? The people who are offended by comedy are always the ones who have been personally affected by the particular joke - every time. Fair enough that dig was at Jada individually and was in poor taste but it seems a bit weird to be worrying about your wife's name coming out of someone else's mouth but not being too bothered what's going into hers. Booom. Come at me bro's...

19 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Imo it's a set up like Timberlake and Janet Jackson at the Superbowl.

Rock didn't flinch which too means he knew it was coming. 

He had a few seconds watching will smith approach him though when smith he no business being on stage. 

Fully on the side of Will Smith.

Chris Rock went out his way to insult his wife about her medical condition on what was going to be a huge night for Will as heavy favourite for Best Actor. He took a cheap shot because he didn't think there would be a scene. but Will is smart, no point just shouting since Chris has the mic and he didn't. Bitch slapped him and made his point. He shamed him.

Chris Rock had divorced da energy. Trying to get one over his ex's pal.

And Will didn't apologise to Chris in his speech. he said sorry to the Academy and his fellow nominees.