Will Smith bankrupt

2 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Don't think a US tv network would go along with that somehow.

Not sure what Chris Rock gets out of it either. Makes a dumb joke that almost universally has people think he's an asshole for and then gets slapped for it.

Why not? Everyone is talking about it and it certainly increased global viewership / interest.

If it was a shocked man out of control it certainly didn't look like it.

And the only two people who need to be in on it are two guys who have known each other for decades, both of whom are now top of the news cycle.

Also, on Will Smith and his wife being in an open relationship - nothing wrong with that and good they are willing to share - will only help those who want to pursue such a lifestyle as it becomes more mainstream / accepted. Doesn't mean he cares any less about his wife, or won't be offended on her behalf (not that I believe that's what happened here).

Standard American shite, crappy slap, even worse trash talking.

If this happened in Scotland, he would have stuck the heid on him, kicked him in baws when he hit the floor, called him a c**t and walked away humming to "the eye of the tiger".

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

That’s not Chris Rock. Will give you the benefit of the doubt and hope you’ve never actually seen him before or it’s not a great look.

Is it not? Just went by the title and no, I've never seen him before I don't think. 

10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

That’s not Chris Rock. Will give you the benefit of the doubt and hope you’ve never actually seen him before or it’s not a great look.

I thought I was being whooshed there, thank you for confirming. 

6 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

It’s not scripted. Will Smith was clearly fucking raging when he sat down after the slap.

He did later win the Oscar for best actor tbf so not a stretch that he could pull off looking upset.

If he was genuinely raging he could have properly attacked him, not walked up, slapped him and walked back.

I don't know for certain it was scripted, but I would be shocked if it wasn't.

3 minutes ago, beesher said:

This has me so confused. As others have said, Smith looks absolutely livid but the slap itself looks staged.

He was laughing along at the jokes just before the slap so who knows what was going on?  It looked like a good "stunt slap" but a real slap would, wouldn't it? 

4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

He was laughing along at the jokes just before the slap so who knows what was going on?  It looked like a good "stunt slap" but a real slap would, wouldn't it? 

His wife wasn't laughing, which i guess he noticed and reacted to. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t see what anyone gains out of that being staged and passing it off as real other than it being the first time anything noteworthy ever happened at an Oscar’s ceremony. 

And massively increased profile for the event and the two people involved.

Conversely, there is no real downside for either. Chris rock has had plenty of edgier jokes, Will Smith looks like he's standing up for his wife and, if he is violent, he's really not very good at it.

Reward >>>> risk for those involved.

Absolute dick move from Smith. A sense of humour wouldn't have went a miss.

Don't think that was scripted at all. As others have said, explain why they would script such a thing? Make the entire audience uncomfortable for a few more views on the internet later on? Nah. He's just a p***k.