Queens v Morton

Greenacres

Big midweek Cup Tie live on BBC Alba  !!!

Think most folk will just stay at home and watch the game be lucky to get 500.

Chance for some game time for the likes of Rae and the other subs have Thistle and now Cove both more important games than this .

Edited by Greenacres

This had all the makings of being a football classic that will be talked about for years to come. Two teams packed with technically gifted talent from back to front, managed by two of the most astute and tactically aware coaches in the country and played on one the best artificial surfaces available. 

Actually we all know its going to be the exact opposite of that, two clueless managers trying to get the best out of two struggling squads of players on a crap pitch. Will this get lower viewing figures than the sheepdog trials on Alba?  

Somebody can correct me if I’m wrong, but Johnston had mentioned in his post match interview that the ref had deemed it violent conduct.

If that’s the case, and we don’t appeal, then I think it’s a 3 match ban effective in all competitions so he would be suspended. Worth recalling Scott Dunn from Broomhill? 

Somebody can correct me if I’m wrong, but Johnston had mentioned in his post match interview that the ref had deemed it violent conduct.

If that’s the case, and we don’t appeal, then I think it’s a 3 match ban effective in all competitions so he would be suspended. Worth recalling Scott Dunn from Broomhill? 

He should never have been allowed to go in the first place.

1 hour ago, JK_Queens said:

I think you can only recall goalkeepers between transfer windows.

Can't see any way that can be interpreted as violent conduct tbh but depends how the ref saw it. I've not seen a replay tbf but was surprised at a straight red so far up the pitch. Maybe there was more to it that just taking the man out. 

Prob Euan East play CB if fit

Watching the highlights Sol kept us in it with 2 great saves. We really need to learn to manage a game so we don't concede late on. Roy was isolated on his own upfront we were to far away from him at times. Still don't know why Todd is not getting a game. He is a god attacking threat. Connelly could have won it with a bit more composure.

Pay £15 to go to a diddy cup tie on a sub-zero temperature December night where the reward for scrambling through could be a mouthwatering tie against Rangers B?  No thanks.

Watch two pish teams who see enough of each other already during the course of a season flailing about on a joke pitch while a teuchter gibbers away in your ears?  It's enough to make you cancel your tv licence.

For once I agree with Greenacres... 500 odd crowd at best for this, and that's if Morton bring a decent sized support.  Let's bin this irrelevance of a cup as soon as.

I only live about 2 miles from Palmerston & a concession ticket is a mere £8.  Despite that I suspect I'll probably watch the game on TV.  Although with a miniscule attendance and every shout audible right round the ground, does anyone know the Gaelic for "f**k off, Gus"?

6 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I only live about 2 miles from Palmerston & a concession ticket is a mere £8.  Despite that I suspect I'll probably watch the game on TV.  Although with a miniscule attendance and every shout audible right round the ground, does anyone know the Gaelic for "f**k off, Gus"?

I don’t know the Gaelic for it, but I'm sure I've got that shout on a recorded loop from when he got us relegated. I can just hear the commentator's continual apology for bad language from the crowd at this one. It's a football game ffs, if a bit of bad language bothers you, you maybe shouldn't be watching football.