QoS vs Partick Thistle - Saturday 4 December 2021

Would have taken a point beforehand (which is quite depressing in all honesty) so can't really grumble. We should have scored at least one in the first half but did next to nothing in the second. Graham somehow managed to miss a chance that looked almost impossible to do and Cooper made a tremendous block. I think either side could have snatched it tbh but a draw was fair.

Our best chances fell to Connolly again but we should be looking to create more than that. Sadly AJ seems to persist with Cameron and for me he offers next to nothing as an attacking threat. He eventually brings Junior on and flings him out wide. The midfield was constantly bypassed today which isn't surprising given it was Cochrane on his own for long spells. Nditi seemed to be in there but always behind Cochrane, rarely beside him. Gibson didn't do much wrong (unfortunately) which means he'll be wasted at CB in our next game and Nditi will be wasted floating between CB and CM.

I should be more upbeat after we kept a decent Thistle side out but this square pegs in round holes only leaves me thinking "What if?...", even after a half decent result.

22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Would have taken a point beforehand (which is quite depressing in all honesty) so can't really grumble. We should have scored at least one in the first half but did next to nothing in the second. Graham somehow managed to miss a chance that looked almost impossible to do and Cooper made a tremendous block. I think either side could have snatched it tbh but a draw was fair.

Our best chances fell to Connolly again but we should be looking to create more than that. Sadly AJ seems to persist with Cameron and for me he offers next to nothing as an attacking threat. He eventually brings Junior on and flings him out wide. The midfield was constantly bypassed today which isn't surprising given it was Cochrane on his own for long spells. Nditi seemed to be in there but always behind Cochrane, rarely beside him. Gibson didn't do much wrong (unfortunately) which means he'll be wasted at CB in our next game and Nditi will be wasted floating between CB and CM.

I should be more upbeat after we kept a decent Thistle side out but this square pegs in round holes only leaves me thinking "What if?...", even after a half decent result.

I must admit the obvious selection today was Nditi to CB and Gibson to RB and retain McGrory and Cochrane in central midfield. Despite Junior being a very poor finisher he offers more up front than Cameron who despite working hard rarely looks like doing anything. Not difficult to see why Killie put him out on loan. Junior wasted wide left.

Overall though not the worst display against a competent Thistle team. Thought leaving Graham on the bench did us a big favour in first half.

I thought Cooper did well today and Connelly was the pick of the forward players.

Quite happy to continue the clean sheet record at all costs. Finishing 5th with 23 clean sheets in a row will do me. 
Two games more and that would be the entire league tried and failed to score against us over ninety minutes. Two very difficult opponents though.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:
23 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:
Quite happy to continue the clean sheet record at all costs. Finishing 5th with 23 clean sheets in a row will do me. 

Two games more and that would be the entire league tried and failed to score against us over ninety minutes. Two very difficult opponents though.

My bravado is based on the fact there isn't a chance a Joel Nouble fronted attack isn't scoring into us for Arbroath but I'm deadly serious with being happy with us never conceding again.

Well, looking at the positives we didn't lose, looked to have more attacking intent and kept a clean sheet.

The windy conditions should have seen us try to keep the ball down a bit more - our short passing game is a strength, it's just a shame AJ doesn't place more emphasis on it.  We obviously need to work on putting chances away as well, far too often it's a case of relying on individual skill from Connelly.

I'm not sold on Cameron at all.  Plenty of huff and puff but he spends too much of the game out of position out wide or too deep.  I'm just as confused as everyone else as to why Nditi was in centre midfield and Gibson at centre back.  Nditi didn't do very much at all today and Gibson is more error prone in the middle.

Cochrane was my motm for us.  Cooper, Connelly, McKay also played well but the rest were all a bit meh imho.

The three league games before the turn of the year are going to be crucial.

I thought it was quite entertaining, though fizzled out a wee bit. Two goalkeepers probably the best players on the pitch. Sol Brynn untroubled for pretty much the whole game, dealt easily with anything that came near him. Jamie Sneddon with two outstanding saves at the tail end of the first half, twice turning efforts onto woodwork.

Over the piece Thistle had more of the ball but rarely looked really like scoring (great block from Alex Cooper near the end though). Thought Harry Cochrane had a great game. He's looking better and better lately. Credit to Gibson and McKay (and Nditi in front of them) for largely nullifying Thistle's attack.

First free Saturday afternoon in ages. Went round to the Arena about 11.45 to buy a ticket for this game. It was like the Mary Celeste. The doors were open, the lights were on . . . there was nobody there. Wandered round, listening for signs of life . . . nothing.

Ended up going home and signing up to QOSTV.  Got to say I was quite impressed with QOSTV. 

Not a great game from a Thistle perspective but not much ground lost and as said a draw was a fair result as we never really troubled the Doonhamers' s goal and Sneddon had a couple of top saves.

Fair play to the away support who kept going for the 90 minutes. 

Not a result that will go down on the memory.

7 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

First free Saturday afternoon in ages. Went round to the Arena about 11.45 to buy a ticket for this game. It was like the Mary Celeste. The doors were open, the lights were on . . . there was nobody there. Wandered round, listening for signs of life . . . nothing.

Ended up going home and signing up to QOSTV.  Got to say I was quite impressed with QOSTV. 

The Arena opens on matchdays at 12:30 which is when the Ticket Office opens. I'm surprised the doors were open, they don't usually open till 12:30. I guess there was maybe a morning Arena hire that they were opened for who had finished and gone home. That would also explain the lights being on.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The Arena opens on matchdays at 12:30 which is when the Ticket Office opens. I'm surprised the doors were open, they don't usually open till 12:30. I guess there was maybe a morning Arena hire that they were opened for who had finished and gone home. That would also explain the lights being on.

Cheers. That would explain things. 

Incidentally (and I'll admit this is a bit trivial) every game I've been to at Palmerston, Queens spend the first half shooting towards the Terregles end. 

It just didn't feel right today.

8 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Cheers. That would explain things. 

Incidentally (and I'll admit this is a bit trivial) every game I've been to at Palmerston, Queens spend the first half shooting towards the Terregles end. 

It just didn't feel right today.

I didn't see kick off but I presumed that Thistle won the toss and turned us. He's well aware we prefer to play the other way.

1 hour ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

You were? I was nearly sea sick the way the camera darts about. The lack of zooming in made it difficult to see the ball on the far side of pitch. What i did see though, Queens were a shade unlucky not to win. Thank God for Jamie Sneddon.

37 minutes ago, Pat Boon said:

You were? I was nearly sea sick the way the camera darts about. The lack of zooming in made it difficult to see the ball on the far side of pitch. What i did see though, Queens were a shade unlucky not to win. Thank God for Jamie Sneddon.

Did you watch the stream for free by any chance?

37 minutes ago, Pat Boon said:

The crappy pitch makes it difficult to see the ball best of times, especially now that the new floodlights highlight the big worn patches in the goalmouths. 

1 hour ago, Pat Boon said:

^^^^

Outs himself as using an illegal free Pixellot stream instead of the actual club stream which isn't at all like that. No commentary I presume?

5 minutes ago, Pat Boon said:

I really don't know. I was at my mates and she had it on. The camera missed important parts of the match.

Sure, sure. "My mate" had it on.

Maybe next time, suggest to "your mate" that they stump up the very reasonable tenner for the proper stream rather than watching the pirated one.