QoS vs Partick Thistle - Saturday 4 December 2021

We are coming into this game in great form. Expecting a tight game if I’m honest, despite Queens sitting bottom they ran us close on the opening day and beat us in the challenge cup. I think we will edge it though, our defence has been brilliant of late so hopefully we keep that up here and pick up three points.

1 hour ago, R&Y99 said:

We are coming into this game in great form. Expecting a tight game if I’m honest, despite Queens sitting bottom they ran us close on the opening day and beat us in the challenge cup. I think we will edge it though, our defence has been brilliant of late so hopefully we keep that up here and pick up three points.

Away win. 

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Yes, our record at "Fortress Palmerston" must really worry opposition teams. 

Aye.
If we lose our next 2 home league games, then every team that has been in the Championship (apart from Hearts) since 1 Jan 2020 will have won at least one league game at Palmerston (period so far covers 25 games) Full record of opposition wins is 
Dundee x3
Alloa x2
Raith x2
ICT x2
Dundee U
Killie
Arbroath
Dunfermline
Accies 
Morton

Between them, Dundee and Alloa have won the same number of games at Palmerston in that period as Queens have.
Our 5 wins were against Alloa (relegated) Morton (9th) Ayr (8th) Dunfermline (4th) and Peter Grant’s Dunfermline this season when they were 10th.

Edited to make correction forgot about Hearts.

Edited by Flash

That was back when we actually went out trying to win games. We now go out trying not to lose games. Johnston now uses the tombola team and tactics method, his son's name somehow always comes out though, players are not always played in their best positions and confidence is low. We're occupying a deserved position in the table and are relying on Morton, Ayr and Dunfermline not improving significantly to leave us completely stranded. There's very little enthusiasm amongst the fans for any football just now, and very little hope it's going to improve as long as the present manager is in charge. 

I’m genuinely ignorant on this, but was he not a decent manager a while back - maybe in the season where you beat us in the Challenge Cup final? He was a tidy player and played abroad a bit - I would have thought he would have been a decent manager but seems to have regressed loads recently. Is that fair, and is there any reason?

11 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

I’m genuinely ignorant on this, but was he not a decent manager a while back - maybe in the season where you beat us in the Challenge Cup final? He was a tidy player and played abroad a bit - I would have thought he would have been a decent manager but seems to have regressed loads recently. Is that fair, and is there any reason?

He was a decent manager in league 1 with the only fulltime squad that included lots of very good players, he got us promoted and did the same with the Pars on league 1. 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’d like to congratulate Queen of the South on their victory tomorrow. 

I would like to think the manager of the month jinx will continue but for some reason I can't see Queens beating Patrick when they haven't conceded in 7, then again I wouldn't object to another Lee Connolly belter in to the top corner.

Even though Morton were poor on Wednesday night our performance was miles better than anything we've managed for a while, the slight fear I have is that, through the experience of following Queens over the years, we don't often string two good performances together. Will loan striker Innes Cameron return as the lone striker to lump the ball up to, or will Johnston have sussed that he has players who actually perform better passing the ball about on the deck. I won't even try and predict a result, with  Queens you just never know.

Where QoS not the last team to best us in the League Challenge Cup?

Much like the Morton game the other night, we seemed to take the game to Partick. Sadly I have a bad feeling it will be a lot more defensive tomorrow.

Even though Morton were poor on Wednesday night our performance was miles better than anything we've managed for a while, the slight fear I have is that, through the experience of following Queens over the years, we don't often string two good performances together. Will loan striker Innes Cameron return as the lone striker to lump the ball up to, or will Johnston have sussed that he has players who actually perform better passing the ball about on the deck. I won't even try and predict a result, with  Queens you just never know.

Ruben has to start for me. His finishing is terrible but at least he's getting in to good positions. I've yet to see much like that from Cameron.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Much like the Morton game the other night, we seemed to take the game to Partick. Sadly I have a bad feeling it will be a lot more defensive tomorrow.

Ruben has to start for me. His finishing is terrible but at least he's getting in to good positions. I've yet to see much like that from Cameron.

Agree but I think Cameron will start because he’ll be left out on on Tuesday. Johnston probably won’t want Ruben playing 3 games in a week when he hasn’t played all that much recently. Plus, he seems to be contractually obliged to play his son and Cameron.