Dundee vs. St Johnstone

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've only sat in the one stand at Dens, but aye, theres no atmosphere beyond the stand you're in from what I've experienced Even when we've lost there to Dundee you generally only hear mild singing from afar as the sound just gets lost thanks to the massive gaping hole along one side of the ground.

Could be down to the fans you are sitting with.

Edited by johnnydun

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Could be down to the fans you are sitting with.

Well no, thats why I mentioned that even when we've lost I've heard almost nothing from Dundee fans, simply because any noise from the opposing end seems to vanish.

I'd guess Dundee fans behind the goal barely hear any noise from the away end too, barring sell outs where they give the OF the ~4k tickets.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've only sat in the one stand at Dens, but aye, theres no atmosphere beyond the stand you're in from what I've experienced Even when we've lost there to Dundee you generally only hear mild singing from afar as the sound just gets lost thanks to the massive gaping hole along one side of the ground.

Why are you sitting in the Bobby Cox? Finally showing your true colours?

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Where’s the gaping hole between home and away fans at Dens?

Between the two end stands.

I've never heard any sort of singing note actually come from the Derry. Its generally just folk raging for 75 minutes then leaving.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Between the two end stands.

I've never heard any sort of singing note actually come from the Derry. Its generally just folk raging for 75 minutes then leaving.

Right ok.

Stop talking utter pish. Do you want us to remove the pitch so the stands can be a bit closer?

Edited by RossDee01

Lee Ashcroft is out for tomorrow. That's a blow. As much as he's quite pish, he's unfortunately probably still our best CH - just can't decide on Sweeney - it's an even bigger blow to see Fontaine coming in. Fontaine will give up at least one golden chance per game so up to St Johnstone to take it.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Right ok.

Stop talking utter pish. Do you want us to remove the pitch so the stands can be a bit closer?

If you had an actual, normal, stand on either side it would help keep the noise in IMO.

When you finally build your monorail new ground you'll probably see the difference.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Lee Ashcroft is out for tomorrow. That's a blow. As much as he's quite pish, he's unfortunately probably still our best CH - just can't decide on Sweeney - it's an even bigger blow to see Fontaine coming in. Fontaine will give up at least one golden chance per game so up to St Johnstone to take it.

Ashcroft is a massive loss, he’s one of our most important players. Don’t mind Fontaine alongside Ashcroft but him and Sweeney worries me.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Ashcroft is a massive loss, he’s one of our most important players. Don’t mind Fontaine alongside Ashcroft but him and Sweeney worries me.

I can't disagree, but not because I rate Ashcroft. It's an area that requires open heart surgery come January or the summer IMO.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I can't disagree, but not because I rate Ashcroft. It's an area that requires open heart surgery come January or the summer IMO.

I think Ashcroft is fine but is hung out to dry a lot of the time by 2 full backs who can’t defend. In saying that, over the last 3 or 4 games Cammy Kerr is probably in his best ever form for Dundee.

On 29/11/2021 at 14:29, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Terrible as always from this beige mob, I've read better 'banter' from the Cowdenbeath.

Thank you.

I typed in 'E2 St Johnstone' into Google and this is the first link that comes up, directing me right to this post by Biggie.

I can't disagree tbh.

19 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I think Ashcroft is fine but is hung out to dry a lot of the time by 2 full backs who can’t defend. In saying that, over the last 3 or 4 games Cammy Kerr is probably in his best ever form for Dundee.

I think the whole back line needs addressed, personally. Ashcroft's deficiencies can probably be hidden with a classy CH next to him to allow him to be the 'rough and tumble' CH, but then I think Sweeney has all the attributes to do that better than Ashcroft with a bit of stability in the backline.

I also really like Marshall going forward. Think he's cracking going forward, but he's chronic defensively at this level, no idea what we can do to get the best out of him. Don't think having two no nonsense, rugged and slow CH's helps cover for him though. RB needs addressed regardless of Cammy's form, but agreed that he's played decently of late.

I think the whole back line needs addressed, personally. Ashcroft's deficiencies can probably be hidden with a classy CH next to him to allow him to be the 'rough and tumble' CH, but then I think Sweeney has all the attributes to do that better than Ashcroft with a bit of stability in the backline.
I also really like Marshall going forward. Think he's cracking going forward, but he's chronic defensively at this level, no idea what we can do to get the best out of him. Don't think having two no nonsense, rugged and slow CH's helps cover for him though. RB needs addressed regardless of Cammy's form, but agreed that he's played decently of late.

Sweeney is 4 years younger than Ashcroft and I personally think he’s the better player so I’d rather persevere with him and get someone else in alongside.