Dundee vs. St Johnstone

47 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

More for the eye bleeding content this thread produces.

Close run thing with the actual football on display. Don't miss many games but can't make this one, and sad to say I'm not that bothered Hopefully means a free-scoring classic is on the cards. Home team might be slight favourites on recent form but draw / under 2.5 goals seems the value bet. 

Hoping CD pushes the baws oot button and puts Viv on from the start with Kane and E2 in the front 3 and MOH as wing back. Can't see it though, think both managers will have 'must not lose' in the back of their minds. 

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

The Dees will have a fucking field day in here if we win this

23 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I’m not surprised you’re trying to turn my comment into some sort of rivalry chat. My comment is based on the extreme overconfidence coming from a good few St J fans.

There’s no confidence from Saints fans whatsoever. We’ve been brutal for months.

The enjoyment comes from Dundee fans’ dedication to the ‘how little we care about St Johnstone’ line when we all know there will be loads of you crawling all over the thread lording it up when you beat us, whether it’s Wednesday night or a later date.

Scattering a few seeds here and there for you all to pounce on come Wednesday night is part of the fun.

4-0 Saints. Kane hat-trick and E2 from 30 yards.

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

There’s no confidence from Saints fans whatsoever. We’ve been brutal for months.

The enjoyment comes from Dundee fans’ dedication to the ‘how little we care about St Johnstone’ line when we all know there will be loads of you crawling all over the thread lording it up when you beat us, whether it’s Wednesday night or a later date.

Scattering a few seeds here and there for you all to pounce on come Wednesday night is part of the fun.

4-0 Saints. Kane hat-trick and E2 from 30 yards.

Course we will. We laud it over every team we beat. Stop thinking you’re so special😄

Edited by RossDee01

9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

There’s no confidence from Saints fans whatsoever. 

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I was thinking this as well. But then again it is only Dundee we're playing.  Is it even possible to lose to them?

57 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

you can't play Against yourself 

On 28/11/2021 at 12:09, tree house tam said:

That side would do just fine against Dundees wee team. Will Callum have the bottle to play it? Will he f**k.

23 hours ago, THE FAT MAN said:

we will win,don't we always win against the only team we win against in recent games 

probably 2.0 

Kane and Viv

Clark

Brown Lars Gordon McCart  Booth

Craig  Davidson 

MOH Kane Viv

On 27/11/2021 at 22:04, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

I’d be embarrassed to lose this even if you were full strength,yo-yo team at best, 😘

Edited by RossDee01

20 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Wonder if we might go with Rooney at centre half and MOH at wing back after its effectiveness in the game at McDiarmid.

Will I still be paying £24 to sit in the freezing cold watching an utterly pathetic game of football? Yes. Am I excited? No. 

Is Rooney undroppable? 

He's not been the disruptive force he was last season and his temperament makes him a card magnet, and his positioning makes it relatively easy to get in behind him. We're not putting crosses in from open play and barely get into the opposition half for set pieces. 

I'd not be against Brown at RCH. 

38 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

What the f**k? I need to try and get to Mcdiarmid to collect a ticket for this game?

No pay at the gate or e fucking tickets?

No wonder the Dees get a third of the crowds the arabs get. Stuck in the 60s indeed.

It's embarrassing really.

A top flight side in 2021 unable to sell tickets online. Half the Championship have a working online system.

45 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

What the f**k? I need to try and get to Mcdiarmid to collect a ticket for this game?

No pay at the gate or e fucking tickets?

No wonder the Dees get a third of the crowds the arabs get. Stuck in the 60s indeed.

Ohh Thomas. 

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

We’re fucked going into this. Absolutely fucked.

Ach, I think we'll see a reaction and if E2 starts beside Kane then we will have more threat up front.

Our midfield is just a complete dead zone without Wotherspoon though so that's the issue. Looked like Crawford had been told to get involved more on Saturday and he was doing that tbf to him, quality when he got on it is just a bit short.

I was pretty down after the match on Saturday but watching it back there was a few glimpses of what could be. There was 3 clear openings where, if the final ball was better, we would've had players clean through on goal. Story of our season really.

Dundee having no quality at full back, or any CM who defend, plays to the few strengths we have. Vertainen dropping into central spaces could be key as it'll open spaces up.

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Worried about getting tickets to a game they're not going to.

Tbf I'd probably end up deciding to go at 5 on Wednesday night, but just now I can't be arsed. Same as every away game really.

Don't understand why PATG has stopped?

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ach, I think we'll see a reaction and if E2 starts beside Kane then we will have more threat up front.

Our midfield is just a complete dead zone without Wotherspoon though so that's the issue. Looked like Crawford had been told to get involved more on Saturday and he was doing that tbf to him, quality when he got on it is just a bit short.

I was pretty down after the match on Saturday but watching it back there was a few glimpses of what could be. There was 3 clear openings where, if the final ball was better, we would've had players clean through on goal. Story of our season really.

Dundee having no quality at full back, or any CM who defend, plays to the few strengths we have. Vertainen dropping into central spaces could be key as it'll open spaces up.

Crawford whilst no world beater has contributed more than some,he assists on Saturday with cross,and he sent Eetu through with a good ball but Eetu couldn’t control it,thought Callum got it wrong in second half,going 5-3-1 instead of 3-5-1 where we’d defend further up the park,midfield we’re just overrun ,hoping we change to 4-2-3-1 but doubt it, Viv Eetu and Mikey behind Kano,gives us much more threat ,but maybe too open for Callum ??

43 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Whining and whinging about e tickets and online bookings, will be about 300 of these muppets through, internet or no internet.

Thank you.

Do they have interwebz in Farmsville!? 

Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Crawford whilst no world beater has contributed more than some,he assists on Saturday with cross,and he sent Eetu through with a good ball but Eetu couldn’t control it,thought Callum got it wrong in second half,going 5-3-1 instead of 3-5-1 where we’d defend further up the park,midfield we’re just overrun ,hoping we change to 4-2-3-1 but doubt it, Viv Eetu and Mikey behind Kano,gives us much more threat ,but maybe too open for Callum ??

Can't see him changing shape now tbh, think Livi away last season still the only time we've started with a back four under him?

Still fairly convinced the 2nd half v Hibs was hindered by the fact we couldn't keep the ball more than any tactical decision. Nothing stuck with MOH up top, which isn't really surprise as we all know its not his game, but you can understand why he chose him over E2 for that role just now. Not in Muzz's game to take the ball under pressure and move it forwards either. Rooney isn't great on the ball possession wise, Booth is limited without support. Crawford/MacPherson let us down but again, was no real support when they did get it. Players couldn't make risky runs out of defence if we were just giving the ball straight away so it became a defensive, camped in our own box, 45 minutes.

I think we might see E2 and MOH either side of Kane, and Craig/Davidson in midfield. Really think E2 could be a gamechanger for us in attack, but it might take a few weeks of him overplaying things before he settles down and realises he doesn't need to do the special thing every time he gets the ball.

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can't see him changing shape now tbh, think Livi away last season still the only time we've started with a back four under him?

Still fairly convinced the 2nd half v Hibs was hindered by the fact we couldn't keep the ball more than any tactical decision. Nothing stuck with MOH up top, which isn't really surprise as we all know its not his game, but you can understand why he chose him over E2 for that role just now. Not in Muzz's game to take the ball under pressure and move it forwards either. Rooney isn't great on the ball possession wise, Booth is limited without support. Crawford/MacPherson let us down but again, was no real support when they did get it. Players couldn't make risky runs out of defence if we were just giving the ball straight away so it became a defensive, camped in our own box, 45 minutes.

I think we might see E2 and MOH either side of Kane, and Craig/Davidson in midfield. Really think E2 could be a gamechanger for us in attack, but it might take a few weeks of him overplaying things before he settles down and realises he doesn't need to do the special thing every time he gets the ball.

Fucking give it a rest you boring wee fanny.

THank you.