Celtic Vs Aberdeen - 28/11

I actually do think it was a penalty, typical clumsy forwards challenge and slight contact even if Bates made the most of it with a bit of a theatrical fall.

However with our supporters bus tote sitting at £1000 and me having Jota first goal between 1 and 40 and Celtic to win 2-1 I'm fucking delighted the referee gave it 😎

One final observation on David Bates though, he is possibly the worst football player I have ever seen in my life, an absolute fucking carthorse who looks like he gets a game because his mum washes the strips.

3 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

I think you’re just a bit stubborn, like lots of old people in your age bracket

Heres a working link, no that it’s likely to change your mind  

The incident has just been played on Sky Sports News Ref Watch with Dermot Gallagher. He said it’s a definite penalty and the referee is perfectly placed to make that decision. Does that change your mind as now the professionals are agreeing with me? @Jinky67

Edited by kingjoey

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The incident has just been played on Sky Sports News Ref Watch with Dermot Gallagher. He said it’s a definite penalty and the referee is perfectly placed to make that decision. Does that change your mind as now the professionals are agreeing with me?

Not at all. I think bates made the most of it and Abada had pulled out the tackle before bates got to him. I, like you, have watched it several times and have made my own mind up about what I saw. 

Done, done, onto the next one. 

Edited by Drew Brees

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Are "folk" on here really trying to say it wasnt a penalty?

It was a penalty, you scored from it, though some, including some dandies, think bates initiated the contact and conned the ref, others think differently. Hope that clears it up for you. 

8 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

It was a penalty, you scored from it, though some, including some dandies, think bates initiated the contact and conned the ref, others think differently. Hope that clears it up for you. 

Clear as mud, thanks.

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

An ex-professional referee, who has no dog in the race, has seen the incident at leisure from many different angles and has come to the conclusion that the penalty decision was correct. You, a Celtic supporter, think that it wasn’t. 

VAR would not have overturned it. It's a penalty. I do think he made a meal of it.

Kyogo infuriates me. There is no need to carry on like that. The sooner SFA clamp down on this (and on other players who do it) the better. Embarrassing.

40 minutes ago, Chonky said:

VAR would not have overturned it. It's a penalty. I do think he made a meal of it.

Kyogo infuriates me. There is no need to carry on like that. The sooner SFA clamp down on this (and on other players who do it) the better. Embarrassing.

Correct on both counts, Kyogo needs to man the f**k up, you’d think his team mates would say something, it’s beyond embarrassing now. 

16 hours ago, kingjoey said:

An ex-professional referee, who has no dog in the race, has seen the incident at leisure from many different angles and has come to the conclusion that the penalty decision was correct. You, a paranoid Celtic supporter who believes in some pish anti Celtic/Irish/Catholic conspiracy, think that it wasn’t. 

FTFY.