Celtic Vs Aberdeen - 28/11

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

So Abada moving back towards his own goal makes an arse of himself swiping at the ball, misses it, then makes contact with Bates?

Why wouldn't that be a penalty?

His feet are together, he had pulled out the tackle and bates kicked him to win the pen, seen it done tons of times, a clever way of winning a penalty but cheating 

It's 'clever' from Bates, but I wouldn't have been happy if that had been given at the other end, to be fair. It is a genuinely difficult one for the referee to catch in real time, I think; but, being as objective as possible, I don't think it was a penalty. 

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

It's 'clever' from Bates, but I wouldn't have been happy if that had been given at the other end, to be fair. It is a genuinely difficult one for the referee to catch in real time, I think; but, being as objective as possible, I don't think it was a penalty. 

Totally agree, I’ve no problem with it being given, it’s part of the game now, bates was clever and we’ve won plenty in similar circumstances but it is what it is and is plain as day IMO. 

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

So Abada moving back towards his own goal makes an arse of himself swiping at the ball, misses it, then makes contact with Bates?

Why wouldn't that be a penalty?

Because Bates makes contact with Abada not the other way round.

Its clever from Bates but he bought a penalty.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

His feet are together, he had pulled out the tackle and bates kicked him to win the pen, seen it done tons of times, a clever way of winning a penalty but cheating 

Exactly this. I thought it was a bit of a shocker from the ref as when I saw it in real time (albeit on highlights after I knew it was a penalty) it looked fairly obvious Bates had bought it. 

19 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Your video link is broken, a bit like your argument.

Even some of your own fans don’t think it’s a penalty and considering what you were saying a few days ago you are now coming across as a bit disingenuous. 

Edited by Jinky67

Plenty of fannying about from both sides yesterday, but Kyojo one of the worst. Perhaps he’s still getting used to the game up here, but hopefully he’ll soon realise that he’s much more dangerous on his feet as a player than writhing about on the floor holding his face at every opportunity. As for big Joe Hart (6ft 5ins), what was all that about early doors? Sparked as though he’d been poleaxed with a railway sleeper from nothing more than a late shove in the back! Pretty sure what the likes of Bertie Auld would have thought of today’s player, with their ‘strength and conditioning’ Coaches![emoji849]. Worst part of the modern game in general for me, hate seeing it.

I’m always of the opinion that for it to be a foul then the contact should be enough to bring down or stop a player from getting to the ball. That was neither, imo, but still a definite penalty.

Edited by AJF