Accies vs Pars - Sat 4th Dec

34 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think that's pushing it a bit when Keith have knocked Accies out of the Scottish Cup on two separate occasions. Not exactly one of the giants of the Highland League. Rest of the post sounds a bit alarming though in a lunatics have taken over the asylum sort of way.

Auchinleck are the 1st team from 4 tiers below us to beat us so I agree it is our worst ever result.

That was desperately fucking pish to watch. Not a single player gets pass marks out of that lot. It’s frightening how much Dom Thomas adds to us and how much we miss even the slightest bit of creativity when he’s not playing.

Really bizarre decision to have Todorov, Wighton and O’Hara on the bench, to have McCann up front on his own who will do very little without the right support.

McDonald has shown that he’s improved as a full back but he’s definitely not a winger - he looked so unnatural and we quite often see him lingering about the middle of the park, not quite knowing what he’s meant to do. Dow was much the same, he isn’t a fraction of the player he was pre injury.

9 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They are in a false position though in terms of the actual quality of their team. Suspect they could easily hold their own in League Two, while Accies could easily be League One twelve months from now.

They could be higher - but are not. We could be lower - but are not - yet. We lost to a team 4 leagues below us !!

32 minutes ago, smpar said:

Really bizarre decision to have Todorov, Wighton and O’Hara on the bench, to have McCann up front on his own who will do very little without the right support.

In fairness, that’s exactly what we did against Ayr and we won 3-0. It was more about the performance and commitment of the players, rather than the way we set up IMO.

If Edwards, MacDonald & Kennedy never played for us again then I would not shed a tear.

Dunfermline really are bad, we were pish but still managed to win without any real pressure on our Goalie. Really need to press for a second goal though, this holding on to a one nil lead is not only dangerous, it's also not good for my health

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Accies absolutely deserved that win today. Even before the goal they were the better team.

We were fucking disgracefully shit. As bad a performance as we've put in all season. Dorrans has to be player further forward if he is to be played. Todd simply isn't good enough. Sad to say, but punt him. I'd be surprised if he has a good League 1 career. I hope he does.

Edwards isn't very good either. I don't rate him. I was very critical of his passing last season. He has improved that I think. Sadly he is rank as a defender and going forward in general. A weak spot.

Connolly is a potential liability with how often he protests to the ref. Not only in that he'll get booked, but that he runs after the ref with his hands up instead of running back in to position. If we can sign a replacement in January we should do so and send Connolly back.

Kai Kennedy is a massive WEE SHITEBAG. A fucking heartless wee cheat. Get this little p***k so far to f**k. I never want him to play for us again. I've never been a fan.

We massively missed Dow and Thomas today. Seems like a lot of the players default to getting it out wide left as soon as they can. They tried a bit today until they realised it wasn't DT23 there.

Up top is a total loss. Today we could have played anyone and they would have done the same nothing with the same nothing service McCann had. We genuinely would have been as well as playing Mehmet up top today, such was the paucity of chances we created.

Bemused at our approach. We let Hamilton have loads of shots at goal. Last season that 'tactic' was costly numerous times. We were lucky it wasn't more today. We never got support to Kennedy or Macdonald when they ran with the ball. It was so frustrating to see them looking to play a ball in to massive wide areas of the pitch but have no options and so have to turn back, which often resulted in aimless punts. OFW was especially bad in those, often conceding possession cheaply.

We have had a massive wake up call today. We are right in the shite and have a desperately poor squad. Look at our bench today. Three strikers, one central midfielder, one central defender and a goalkeeper. Very little scope to change up the formation and, vitally, nothing to change things out wide.

January is huge for us. I think we need a winger, a central midfielder and a central defender. Don't care if its on loan or permanent for now.

Agree with most of this but especially the point on Macdonald. Don't want to be too harsh on him as he looks relatively solid but is not a winger. Doesn't look to get on the ball and drive as it's just not his game. 

Also on McCann. Can't really criticise him as what chance did he have? Three decent forwards when on form there on the bench so use them.

Going by the photos it really doesn't look like a pen. Doesn't change the fact the better team won but hopefully we can appeal the red.

If Dom is out long term we may be stuck with Kennedy as I doubt there will be many decent wingers available in our budget in January.

Dunfermline really are bad, we were pish but still managed to win without any real pressure on our Goalie. Really need to press for a second goal though, this holding on to a one nil lead is not only dangerous, it's also not good for my health

Christ. Surely there wasn’t a moment in that game where you were actually worried about us scoring?

Any idea why McCann was booked for the incident with Popescu? Looked like a perfectly fair, but firm, challenge from Popescu and he just went fucking mental at McCann for whatever reason, and McCann got booked as well? Can only imagine it was something he said because otherwise that’s just a very odd decision.

8 minutes ago, smpar said:

Any idea why McCann was booked for the incident with Popescu? Looked like a perfectly fair, but firm, challenge from Popescu and he just went fucking mental at McCann for whatever reason, and McCann got booked as well? Can only imagine it was something he said because otherwise that’s just a very odd decision.

I put it down to your stereotypical yellow for both sides from the ref whenever there's a coming together of players.   

McCann certainly gave a bit back,  but IMO I'd like refs to allow players to stand their ground a bit more when there clear provocation. 

Felt McCann got a rough time from the ref all game,  maybe just an experience thing.

Edited by parsforlife

25 minutes ago, smpar said:

The ref looked like he was originally only going to book Popescu for his ‘taunting’ or wherever you want to call it after he made that tackle. However when McCann got up he reacted to Popescu with a few shoves and squaring up. So the ref just took the usual way out of booking them both.

There was no bookable offence in the incident but the ref used the classic shitebag move of handing both guys yellows.

There was another incident where he wasn’t going to give Accies a free kick when one of their guys went down but when he saw we might have a dangerous attack he changed his mind.

He was pish throughout, as most refs are in Scotland on a weekly basis. As Yogi said though, Hamilton still thoroughly deserved the win so it matters not a jot.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Penalty looks a poor decision from this.

I *think* the ref believes it’s hit Dorrans on the shoulder and he’s then pushed the ball away with his other hand. Still a poor decision but I can see how he could think that.

If he’s given it for the initial contact then he’s a fucking moron.

5 hours ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Brian Rice doing the OAM coverage for our game isn't as weird as Dougie Imrie being sat with his Livi trackie on in the corporate box at HT sitting next to a certain CMcG today...

CMcG? Imrie has a really interesting job with us, wonder if he's out scouting to try poach a few youths away or looking at pre contracts to sort.

CMcG? Imrie has a really interesting job with us, wonder if he's out scouting to try poach a few youths away or looking at pre contracts to sort.

Accies CEO who apparently has no interest in football yet has been involved at Raith before us.