Accies vs Pars - Sat 4th Dec

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

Aye.

Loved his challenge late in the game then squaring up to the Pars lad on the deck.

Football needs that.

Agreed. 

Kai also needed a mouthful after the swan dive, lovely to see from the big man. 

Played how I expected, keep some possession but do absolutely nothing with it, never threatened from open play.

Surprised by how shite dunfermline were, obviously haven't watched them outside of our games but beating Inverness away and comfortably beating Ayr suggested a reinvigorated team.

Game was heading for 0-0 and it's taken a ref decision to swing it, have no idea whether it was or not, couldn't really see it on the stream.

We are just so incredibly frustrating to watch, individually players like Smith and Redfern can do things well, but usually undo it by making terrible decisions. No one from the centre will come and look for the ball, so we are forced to go down the wings, far to predictable and easy for the opposition to deal with.

Also seen the club have banned some fans that went to protest, fucking disgrace, McGowan being allowed to further alienated fans is a disgrace.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Also I don’t know wtf Popescu and McCann had a proper vandetta against each other for the full second half but it was funny to watch.

Popescu stormed in with a fantastic challenge at the end which McCann probably felt in his bones. Was perfectly legal, though.

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

As an aside, I noticed Brian Rice was the BBC Scotland Open All Mics correspondent. Just me that finds that a wee bit bizarre/strange? Probably.

I don’t think that’s strange in the slightest tbh.

Strange game really.
Played like a training match/bounce game for a lot of it, with both teams just knocking it about aimlessly.
I think overall we deserved the win, and if we had even the slightest hint of a cutting edge or a competent striker we could have won by more.
Not a day for highlighting negatives so I'll refrain from criticising anyone too much.
Pars looked extremely poor but you have to assume they'll pick up soon since their squad looks decent/good on paper and the January window is upcoming.
As an aside, I noticed Brian Rice was the BBC Scotland Open All Mics correspondent. Just me that finds that a wee bit bizarre/strange? Probably.
I said the same thing to my dad (who's now not seen us lose in almost 3 years, remarkably). Reporting on the guy who replaced you is weird.

I wasn't at the stadium last week but can't imagine there was anything that singled anyone out. It just screams of banning someone the club were already aware of to send out a message.

ETA: That sounds like I'm disagreeing with PB. I'm not, I think the bans were to do with the protest.

55 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I said the same thing to my dad (who's now not seen us lose in almost 3 years, remarkably). Reporting on the guy who replaced you is weird.

BBC have had Lennon talking about Ange, Levein talking about Hearts before.

BT had Lampard as a pundit for Chelsea’s CL win. Sky have had Alex Neil on talking about Norwich etc.

I think it’s a pretty lazy pick from the producer in charge but definitely not weird. At least not as weird as anyone willingly listening to Open All Mics in 2021.

11 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

BBC have had Lennon talking about Ange, Levein talking about Hearts before.

BT had Lampard as a pundit for Chelsea’s CL win. Sky have had Alex Neil on talking about Norwich etc.

I think it’s a pretty lazy pick from the producer in charge but definitely not weird. At least not as weird as anyone willingly listening to Open All Mics in 2021.

I think those are weird as well. 

The fans who were banned today were banned because of the Protest at the ground when the fans arrived back in Hamilton from Auchinleck.A legitimate, peaceful protest where the club sent Police vans,Police dogs and around 40 Officers to the ground.

Apparently, that Security guy has banned Four with around a dozen "culprits" on his list including a guy who has missed one game in 19 years.Plenty of those there not on  their 'list'.

Plenty talk on Social Media/Forums at not accepting this and this has caused an already dreadful relationship to widen.One of those banned is Accies die-hard Freddy...not to worry as plenty of us  have his back.

I know they have screenshots of every disparaging comment on here,WAH private  Facebook page(members only) and Acciesworld.

The Football Department Chairman was also demanding a list of names when he handed a cheque over to The Race Night I hear.

What a club run by those who can't tolerate legitimate criticism at the worst result in our history.They have made things 100x worse when we should be starting to heal after today's win.

As for the game, a deserved win and I expected more from The Pars after recent results.

We made it a nervy end to the game as per usual when the game should have been done and dusted.

I-like many others- couldn't get rid of the free tickets as such is the  disconnect between the Club and fans.Even Season Book holders I  know never turned out as they are so scunnered.

Support the team not the regime.

39 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I think those are weird as well. 

I don’t understand what’s weird about it? Idea is they’ll know about the club’s current situation and might get some entertainment when they bitterly take potshots at the club who wronged them.

45 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

...worst result in our history...

Think that's pushing it a bit when Keith have knocked Accies out of the Scottish Cup on two separate occasions. Not exactly one of the giants of the Highland League. Rest of the post sounds a bit alarming though in a lunatics have taken over the asylum sort of way.

Brian Rice doing the OAM coverage for our game isn't as weird as Dougie Imrie being sat with his Livi trackie on in the corporate box at HT sitting next to a certain CMcG today...

Accies absolutely deserved that win today. Even before the goal they were the better team.

We were fucking disgracefully shit. As bad a performance as we've put in all season. Dorrans has to be player further forward if he is to be played. Todd simply isn't good enough. Sad to say, but punt him. I'd be surprised if he has a good League 1 career. I hope he does.

Edwards isn't very good either. I don't rate him. I was very critical of his passing last season. He has improved that I think. Sadly he is rank as a defender and going forward in general. A weak spot.

Connolly is a potential liability with how often he protests to the ref. Not only in that he'll get booked, but that he runs after the ref with his hands up instead of running back in to position. If we can sign a replacement in January we should do so and send Connolly back.

Kai Kennedy is a massive WEE SHITEBAG. A fucking heartless wee cheat. Get this little p***k so far to f**k. I never want him to play for us again. I've never been a fan.

We massively missed Dow and Thomas today. Seems like a lot of the players default to getting it out wide left as soon as they can. They tried a bit today until they realised it wasn't DT23 there.

Up top is a total loss. Today we could have played anyone and they would have done the same nothing with the same nothing service McCann had. We genuinely would have been as well as playing Mehmet up top today, such was the paucity of chances we created.

Bemused at our approach. We let Hamilton have loads of shots at goal. Last season that 'tactic' was costly numerous times. We were lucky it wasn't more today. We never got support to Kennedy or Macdonald when they ran with the ball. It was so frustrating to see them looking to play a ball in to massive wide areas of the pitch but have no options and so have to turn back, which often resulted in aimless punts. OFW was especially bad in those, often conceding possession cheaply.

We have had a massive wake up call today. We are right in the shite and have a desperately poor squad. Look at our bench today. Three strikers, one central midfielder, one central defender and a goalkeeper. Very little scope to change up the formation and, vitally, nothing to change things out wide.

January is huge for us. I think we need a winger, a central midfielder and a central defender. Don't care if its on loan or permanent for now.