Accies vs Pars - Sat 4th Dec

7 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Yogi not entirely without blame. Terrible tactics and line-up is suspect. No-one can tell me some of these players are better than Wighton and O’Hara.

Honeymoon over. Demands for a third divorce in six months coming...

Edited by Raith_Raver

1 minute ago, par-adise said:

Any idea what the pen was for? Handball?

Absolute no pass marks here.

I would like to see it again, but it looked like a ‘Steve Cook’ style block on the line. It’s easy for the ref to give the penalty though.

We've won a game!

Surprised at how poor Dunfermline were, let us boss possession & don't think Hilton had a save to make.

Better performance from us, decent games from Easton & Martin but we still have no cutting edge at all.

Take the 1-0 though.

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
5 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
Can only piss wi the cock he's got.

Plenty work to be done.

Do you consider your current roster of players to be worse than those of Morton and Ayr?

Beat me to it. Having witnessed todays football   heid-tennis .....surely not?

Accies thoroughly deserved the win. They were tidy in possession and never looked under any serious threat for the whole match. The worst they were going to get was a 0-0 draw.

As for us…as cynical and negative as I am normally, even I’m left stunned by how poor we were today. It was honestly one of the worst Pars performances I’ve ever seen - as bad as anything under Grant - especially when you factor in how important it was for us to get a positive result today. A sharp reminder that we’re still deep in the mire at the bottom.

Edwards, Comrie, MacDonald, Todd couldn’t do a thing right all game, Kennedy was completely ineffective (and his dive was pathetic) while McCann ploughed a lonely furrow without ever seeming like he’d make a difference. Not a soul involved today would be missed if they were punted in January.

Dorrans was the only player who I’d have said looked like he had even a modicum of poise or quality - and then he gets sent off and will be missing for Queen of the South next weekend.

To think there is a section of the Pars support who don’t rate Dom Thomas. That was us without him guys; hope you all enjoyed the view.

Final word to the old pub bore in the suede jacket and glasses in the front row. The most irritating, tedious c**t I think we’ve all ever been subjected to at the football.

TL;DR I’m freezing & seething.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

That was very uninspiring. Since the Ayr game, we’ve had 2 really dull performances. We have defenders and a keeper that are so slow with the ball. Our midfielders are so static and make no runs to create space/make themselves available for a pass. MacDonald and Kennedy on the wings can just get lost. Both a waste of space today, making no runs off the ball, not causing any problems to their defence. After that pathetic dive, despite being in a great position, can we just send Kennedy back to Rangers now? He isn’t interested at all.

Basically, I don’t think that the last 2 games have been any better than the last couple of months under Grant. That system worked against Ayr, but hasn’t even threatened to work since. Give the other strikers a run out - Wighton should start most weeks. Even a semi-fit DT23 is better than anybody else we have to play out wide. Hopefully he’s back next week. Dow is useless in the middle and, to be honest, has been fairly ineffective wherever he’s played this season.

Didn’t see the handball, but if that was deliberate, Dorrans can get used to the bench as - give Allan a chance in that role.

Dunfermline were absolute horse shit, nothing to fear from them.

We on the other hand still weren’t great. A lot of possession and pretty passing is fine but offering absolutely nothing in the final third won’t win you many games.

Also I don’t know wtf Popescu and McCann had a proper vandetta against each other for the full second half but it was funny to watch.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

We were decent. Still lacking quality in the final third and there was some god-awful decision making, but the pressing and possession play was mostly good. It was encouraging to see how well we managed to get the most dangerous players into space, and that's the kind of thing that you need to put down to the coaching as it was similar (with some tweaks) to what Taylor's done since his first couple of games.