Accies vs Pars - Sat 4th Dec

Only goal difference splits the teams ahead of this battle. Two sides who have been extremely poor this season and could badly do with the three points.

The win and performance against Ayr was encouraging but cup defeat at Thistle seems to have been Grant-esque.

A few of us planning on making this our pre-Christmas get together so hopefully I’ll be far too merry to care about the result.

I shall be attending. Hamilton were honking at East End. We were too, but as CIM notes, our last two league results point to a case for optimism. 

I have only been to Hamilton once, the 07/08 league opener. Got in late so missed the equaliser. Wish I'd missed the rest.

Got to get three points here to bounce back from a demoralising Scottish Cup defeat. Would also help us edge away from the pack at the bottom of the league.

I won't be at this one as I take in the other DAFC with winless Dover taking on Wrexham.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I have only been to Hamilton once, the 07/08 league opener. Got in late so missed the equaliser. Wish I'd missed the rest.

My only visit as well. Was a massive following through that day and the performance was a proper shambles.

Is it Hamilton West the station that’s right near the ground?

38 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

My only visit as well. Was a massive following through that day and the performance was a proper shambles.

Is it Hamilton West the station that’s right near the ground?

Aye, big following that day, which is why loads of folk were delayed getting in.

Outrageous that we did so terribly with a very good squad for the second tier then. Even more outrageous is that folk continue to defend Kenny. I imagine the same folk will start defending Grant soon.

Yup, Hamilton West is the one by the ground.

Edited by DA Baracus

I think anything less than 3 points ahould be viewed as a disappointment. Accies are brutal, time for Yogi to show his worth and pick up th boys again for this one.

I think that was also my only visit to Hamilton, late in and witnessed a fucking honking performance from a team including talent such as Burchill ffs.

Can't see anything but a comfortable 3 goal win for Dunfermline against our team of spineless cowards. 

Would be surprised if there are more than 400 in the home end after watching Taylorball for the last few weeks. 1 goal in 4 and a half games and that was a penalty.

34 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I think anything less than 3 points ahould be viewed as a disappointment. Accies are brutal, time for Yogi to show his worth and pick up th boys again for this one.

I think that was also my only visit to Hamilton, late in and witnessed a fucking honking performance from a team including talent such as Burchill ffs.

I was at that game and our players had a mind set that it'd be a stroll. Burchill & Co were out of their depth. I'm sure Hamilton horsed us big style at EEP that season as well.

7 minutes ago, Yankee_Dollar said:

I was at that game and our players had a mind set that it'd be a stroll. Burchill & Co were out of their depth. I'm sure Hamilton horsed us big style at EEP that season as well.

Don’t think “horsed” correctly describes the 0-5 defeat at EEP tbh. Utter and complete annihilation.

In fairness, Accies did have McCarthy, McArthur and Offiong, who was in the form of his life that season.

Don’t think “horsed” correctly describes the 0-5 defeat at EEP tbh. Utter and complete annihilation.
In fairness, Accies did have McCarthy, McArthur and Offiong, who was in the form of his life that season.
I'm still a bit miffed that I missed THAT goal going for a bridie.

On basis of recent results & "performances" can only see an away win as Hughes actually seems to know what he's doing & Dunfermline on paper have a better squad than we do.

Accies are looking very likely to do a Thistle & go down again.

7 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Would be grateful for any tips on parking in Hamilton for this

Caird Street opposite Mecca bingo - ML3 0AL. Large, free car park and a 5 minute stroll from the ground. There is an underground car park nearer the ground but it is a nightmare to get out after the game.

Caird Street opposite Mecca bingo - ML3 0AL. Large, free car park and a 5 minute stroll from the ground. There is an underground car park nearer the ground but it is a nightmare to get out after the game.
However you can of course park at Caird Street then use the pedestrian path through said underground car park that will take Pars fans directly to the away turnstiles.

Dunfermline still available at 6/4 or better for this one...

2 or 3 minute walk from Hamilton West station. There is a path leads off the platform that will take you to the ground. 

Accies Vaults pub is just at top of steps at Station and Bar West just round corner plus you can go into club at the ground.