Season 4: Episode 9

Hullo! We head into another weekend of the cinch and an action packed run of Scottish Cup matches but before we get to the touchline, there's time to kick it all off with another episode of A View From The Terrace. Watch the show at 10:30pm on the BBC Scotland Channel, catch-up later on BBC iPlayer and feel free to tell us what you think on here.

Tonight’s show looks a bit like this:

Talking It Up
- Nae time for grumbling. We look back at the last week of Scottish football and talk about why it's absolutely class. From celebrations to standout performances. We are talking it up!

Soap Box
- Some players are like marmite with one set of supporters singing their praises while others cannot understand why their name is on the team sheet. The gang debate players they think are overrated and others they think get a hard time off of fans. 

Social Media - Don't Quote Me On That
- Twitter is good, but have you ever read the comments? Going only from the comments, the panel needs to guess what big event or action from this week's Scottish football Twitter Craig is talking about. 

Brick In The Wall with Gemma Fay
- We are joined by Scotland's most capped player Gemma Fay to have a look back at her career and discuss how the Scotland Women's National team have progressed over time. 

Fairytale
- It's the Scottish Cup 3rd round and we want to dream. Each member of the squad picks a team they think could cause a big upset this week and and fly into the next stage of the tournament.

The Banker
- Shaughan, Rob and Fowler take on Craig G Telfer with their predictions for the last time before the winter break.

In the 'Wee Films', we visit Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic to hear about their role in the community and hopes for the future, we look at Ayr United's historic ground Somerset Park and find out why it feels like home to so many and we look back at a triumphant derby win for Dundee United. 

So, who deserves to be talked up, which player would you take to the soapbox to debate and what Scottish Cup tie is set for a fairytale ending this weekend?

See you tonight!

DSC08778.JPG

Thought that was class tonight. Every one of the inserts was excellent and Gemma Fay was a brilliant guest. I'd say that's my favourite combination of the Terrace team too, although they're all good. 

There were times during the first series when I felt the hour was a bit of a stretch. Now I'd be ready for another hour. 

32 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Thought that was class tonight. Every one of the inserts was excellent and Gemma Fay was a brilliant guest. I'd say that's my favourite combination of the Terrace team too, although they're all good. 

There were times during the first series when I felt the hour was a bit of a stretch. Now I'd be ready for another hour. 

Aye, I enjoyed it, too. 

The Eamonn Brophy Lone Wolf Trophy! 🤣

40 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Gemma Fay was a brilliant guest.

Agreed, she was a natural - and an ex-pro that actually said some interesting stuff - it'll never catch on. 

Great show tonight.

Edited by Swello

48 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Could we have a bit about the other 6-2 game as well? Just in the interests of completeness, you understand.

The only way they could claw this back is by doing the same with the 'Doon Derby'. Then playing us out by repeating the excellent rendition of 'Johnny Scobbie'....