Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Starting to wonder if its bad for you, being a Scotland fan. I'd be 100x worse if I was going tonight, but even as it is, im going through weird thoughts where I try to convince myself I dont care, or whatever, to try and blunt the potential hurt. Like when you refused to play FIFA v someone that you knew would pump you as a kid. 

Fucking heads all over the place. Cant even really use beer to clear it all up since im up early tomorrow for work.  

Fucking pussy,  get a beer down you.

10 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Srsly what percentage of Scotland fans in Hampden do we think will try to sing the Ukraine national anthem? I certainly won’t be, any higher than 1% and I’ll be raging.

Isn't Sturgeon attending this? Guaranteed that type of people will be singing along to it.

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

Touched a nerve there. 

Anyway, saw a lad in Portobello enjoying the sun in his shorts, draped in a Scotland flag and enjoying a Becks. A good 9 hours before kick off. If that had been me I’d be asleep by 5pm and be checking my phone at at 2am to find out how we lost.

Or you'd be in hospital as the result of a horrific flag related injury.

13 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Srsly what percentage of Scotland fans in Hampden do we think will try to sing the Ukraine national anthem? I certainly won’t be, any higher than 1% and I’ll be raging.

What a strange thing to get upset about. 

I’m probably about as melancholy about his game as it’s possible to be. It’s the same feeling I have as I did for  the Israel and Serbia playoff games.

I’m probably about as melancholy about his game as it’s possible to be. It’s the same feeling I have as I did for  the Israel and Serbia playoff games.
Serbia was the most confident I've ever been for a big Scotland game - probably because I wasn't going.

I'm all over the shop today.

I think i've basically spent the last couple of months in a haze assuming this game wouldn't happen, or that we'd be playing against some Ukranian C team (not really sure why) and it'd be a non contest. For those reasons i never really tried too hard to get a ticket, when most of my usual pals i go with are going.

The magnitude of it has just skelped me in the face out of nowhere. Fucking hell. A very tricky, but winnable game at Hampden to put us 90 minutes from a World Cup. Jesus.

Edited by Fratelli

13 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Serbia was the most confident I've ever been for a big Scotland game - probably because I wasn't going.

I'm all over the shop today.

I doubt we've known less about the opposition we're going to play and how they're going to setup in 60 years.  I have absolutely no idea what Ukrainian team will turn up.

My reassurance is that if we were in a position of no Scotland-based player having played in six months, and sent across Europe to such a game, we'd fold like a house of cards.

My fear - for either side - is that if this goes to ET, the physical and emotional toll could just hand Sunday's game to the Welsh.

3 minutes ago, Venti said:

Are we the baddies?

Aye! being the romanticized good guys has never served us well and has probably contributed to our history of being gallant losers

in other words, FACK THE KAAHNTS!

GET INTAE THUM

Respect Ukraine by playing the fucking match as nothing else is going on

I was an absolute wreck before the Serbia game, but we got the ball down pretty much instantly and looked unusually comfortable and confident in a game like that. Think it would've been a different story with a full house mind.