Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

Absolutely shiting it for tomorrow now. I was already worried about our right hand side due to Ukraine having a very strong left side, but now with next to no attacking threat down the right I see us being pegged back quite a bit.

He'll play Christie rather than Dykes, just to give us that extra width. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, eez-eh said:
Conveniently it’s the exact 2 scenarios she deduced would have seen England win the euros final (although the first one doesn’t even make any sense).
A complete whopper.

Goals scored per minute played is one of those rare things that's so unbelievably stupid that it has you scratching your head wondering if you are actually the one thats too stupid to understand.

It's particularly brilliant because it effectively means the team that scores first actually has 1.5 goals.

It is a great example as to why not everyone should have an opinion on everything.

Absolutely shiting it for tomorrow now. I was already worried about our right hand side due to Ukraine having a very strong left side, but now with next to no attacking threat down the right I see us being pegged back quite a bit.
He'll play Christie rather than Dykes, just to give us that extra width. 

O'Donnell and McGinn absolutely battered Denmark down the left last time, no reason they can't do the same against inferior opponents.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

O'Donnell and McGinn absolutely battered Denmark down the left last time, no reason they can't do the same against inferior opponents.

I don't know where this O'Donnell = no attacking myth comes from.

SOD has a great engine for going up and down. Patterson can power down there alone and go by players, SOD maybe can't do that, but against England, Gilmour went out there and provided him with an easy out to keep possession if he got stood up. Previously you might see O'Donnell be wasteful in the final third but when Gilmour was there, we never seen that at all.

I hope Gilmour plays, because the way he can go side to side and ensure we keep the ball rather than run into blind alleys on the wings is very valuable.

Also, O'Donnell hoofed Grealish right into the air and it was class.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That's without question.  What is also without question is they get better results.

The Bale factor. But all that pish that guy was saying about greatest achievement ever by Scotland team if we beat them is nonsense. 50/50 game (taking into account Bale) for me, Clive. Anyway, we need to get there first. Then we can worry about it. 

Edited by Londonwell

SSC set us up and we pumped Denmark in our last meaningful game, and quite convincingly, despite Danes having a good record. We are improving with every competitive match.

Danes are far better than Ukraine or Wales.  Get them pumped and onto Qatar.

In wee cheeky Clarke I trust.

Souness should be sent to Yemen for "education" along with the rest of the doormats.

18 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

SSC set us up and we pumped Denmark in our last meaningful game, and quite convincingly, despite Danes having a good record. We are improving with every competitive match.

Danes are far better than Ukraine or Wales.  Get them pumped and onto Qatar.

In wee cheeky Clarke I trust.

Souness should be sent to Yemen for "education" along with the rest of the doormats.

Correct. 

The Danes are well into the top 10 sides in world football, and we were the better team. 

If I was a neutral, my fear for Ukraine would be a) fitness, and b) too much motivation. Emotion got the better of Brazil in 2014, and they wouldn’t be the first side to have over done it.

Whoever wins tomorrow will do so because they’re the better team. We’re the warranted favourites, but if Ukraine do it, it won’t be because they wanted it more.

2 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

It's particularly brilliant because it effectively means the team that scores first actually has 1.5 goals.

Not as I understand it..?

What if Team A goes 1-0 up in the 3rd minute

Team B equalises in the 8th minute and then takes the lead in the 10th minute

Then team A equalises in the 80th minute

If its one point per minute of each goal

Team A would have  87 points for the first goal, and 10 points for their second = 97 points

Team B would have 82 points for their first goal, and 80 points for their second = 162 points

(not including injury time)

Team B wins despite not getting the first goal?

Dearie me; Graeme Souness.

Slightly concerned about my memory, but did the Danes not lose out on something due to being beaten by us? Important ranking points maybe?

I remember it wasn't a dead rubber for them; they had reason to want to beat us other than pride.

10 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Dearie me; Graeme Souness.

Slightly concerned about my memory, but did the Danes not lose out on something due to being beaten by us? Important ranking points maybe?

I remember it wasn't a dead rubber for them; they had reason to want to beat us other than pride.

I think they had a chance of being in Pot 1 for the World Cup draw.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think they had a chance of being in Pot 1 for the World Cup draw.

Ooft. That would've stung.

All the more impressive. Didn't they do well.

4 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

As long as there is no booing of their anthem and Sammy the Tammy doesn't perform his party trick, that seems fair enough to me. 

If Sammy can’t get called up the big leagues, can we request a play list for the game?

Tommy Gun - The Clash

17 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

What the f**k you on about?

We'll pump Ukraine then go to Cardiff, pump Wales and watch Bale go off in tears knowing he was retired by Stevie Clarke and his men.

Your premium grade LSD kicking in nicely I see !

Edited by kennie makevin
Typo